Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Courtney Brown

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Courtney Brown

    he's gonne get cut by cleveland. former no 1 pick. should denver take a chance on him?
    My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

    Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

    America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

    Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

  • #2
    If they can fit him under the cap, sure.

    We need bodies at DE, might as well grab some with potential.

    Comment


    • #3
      C. Brown

      I think Courtney Brown would be very realistic to go after if he is realistic about his contract. Broncos have A. Patterson now who was obviously well enough liked in Cleveland, why not see if these top 5 talents can emerge. I also think it's realistic now that Bryan Robinson has signed with Cincinatti. Brown could bring some versatility to the DE so we can be a "hybrid" defense as Coyer suggests. Better pick up than the flyer the Raiders picked up on Burgess. I hope they still try and run a 3-4 with him on the end, that would be comical.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jletourneau
        I think Courtney Brown would be very realistic to go after if he is realistic about his contract. Broncos have A. Patterson now who was obviously well enough liked in Cleveland, why not see if these top 5 talents can emerge. I also think it's realistic now that Bryan Robinson has signed with Cincinatti. Brown could bring some versatility to the DE so we can be a "hybrid" defense as Coyer suggests. Better pick up than the flyer the Raiders picked up on Burgess. I hope they still try and run a 3-4 with him on the end, that would be comical.
        No player was more overrated by his playoff performance than Burgess, whose multi-sack game against Michael Vick had media members screaming BREAKOUT PLAYER OF 2005!!! News flash to the "experts" at ESPN and the idiots at CBS Sportsline (Judge is bad, but Prisco is kill me now bad) and any oter group who believes this: Michael Vick gets sacked, alot. No really, A LOT. Eventually, if you run away from Kearse enough, someone is going to be smart enough to charge up field and wait with open arms. Burgess is NOT a sack threat and really is not a good player to sign to a reserve role, because his most prominent ability is getting hurt. Going to Oakland, it proves truth to the rumor that Al Davis is trying to find out how many cumulative days a roster can spend on IR.

        Comment


        • #5
          Exactly!

          Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
          No player was more overrated by his playoff performance than Burgess, whose multi-sack game against Michael Vick had media members screaming BREAKOUT PLAYER OF 2005!!! News flash to the "experts" at ESPN and the idiots at CBS Sportsline (Judge is bad, but Prisco is kill me now bad) and any oter group who believes this: Michael Vick gets sacked, alot. No really, A LOT. Eventually, if you run away from Kearse enough, someone is going to be smart enough to charge up field and wait with open arms. Burgess is NOT a sack threat and really is not a good player to sign to a reserve role, because his most prominent ability is getting hurt. Going to Oakland, it proves truth to the rumor that Al Davis is trying to find out how many cumulative days a roster can spend on IR.
          Yeah, I don't understand the whole Burgess thing. Did you notice that most of his sacks were more of coverage sacks. He did show up in the playoffs (against as you said above the easily sacked M. Vick), but he played with one of the best defensive backfields if not the best in the league and got to play next to C. Simon and on the other end of J. Kearse. So many double teams on that line and coverage time from the DB's that Burgess was bound to eventually get near the QB. This signing doesn't make sense to me for the Raiders, not that I care that much. But this roster and whimsical decision maker within Al Davis' mind goes in more directions than I would care to see as a fan. Defense sucks so they add some offense at its expense. Getting older, slow and cap strapped, add Sapp and T. Washington. I do however think L. Jordan was a good signing, but Burgess, what! R. Ryan, please run a 3-4 with him, at least we know where Tatum's hole will be. Courtney Brown, c'mon down.

          Comment


          • #6
            the broncos have to get courtney brown. when this guy is healthy, he rocks. if we are gonna take a chance on a no. 3 overall pick, we might as well take a chance on a number one overall pick

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jletourneau
              Yeah, I don't understand the whole Burgess thing. Did you notice that most of his sacks were more of coverage sacks. He did show up in the playoffs (against as you said above the easily sacked M. Vick), but he played with one of the best defensive backfields if not the best in the league and got to play next to C. Simon and on the other end of J. Kearse. So many double teams on that line and coverage time from the DB's that Burgess was bound to eventually get near the QB. This signing doesn't make sense to me for the Raiders, not that I care that much. But this roster and whimsical decision maker within Al Davis' mind goes in more directions than I would care to see as a fan. Defense sucks so they add some offense at its expense. Getting older, slow and cap strapped, add Sapp and T. Washington. I do however think L. Jordan was a good signing, but Burgess, what! R. Ryan, please run a 3-4 with him, at least we know where Tatum's hole will be. Courtney Brown, c'mon down.
              I do like Courtney Brown, IF he comes at a price half of Haywards, a prospect that I am less optimistic about. At 6'4 290, he can play end in either the 3-4 or the 4-3. Brown's biggest problems are his health and his head. He is a deep thinker who psyches himself out or over analyzes a play, often getting caught in akward positions, or taking to long to make a move to the quarterback. But, he has talent, and I really don't think you can put anyone's time in Cleveland into too much consideration in evaluating them. Rather than always blaming the players, underachieving is a two way street. If there is no motivation for improvement, and an acceptable attitude of mediocracy in the locker room, what can you expect from these guys? Butch Davis ruined many a career, I just hope Shanahan works some of these guys straight. He always seems to do his best with cast offs and out-to-prove-something players.

              Comment


              • #8
                Brown

                Yes, this is exactly why I think Brown fits so well, his versatility. Another thing, Cleveland relied so heavily on their high picks to come into an unstable situation without giving them very good strong veteran presence. Marco Coleman (if re-signed) and Luther Ellis will provide a much easier path for those like Brown or Warren. Can really help take some of the psychological pressure off and just set the guys loose. I really believe both will flourshish in Denver if Brown was signed, plus, it never hurts to know you've got LB's like DJ, Al and Ian in pursuit. Young players like Brown and Warren just can't be or at least shouldn't be relied upon to save a franchise. They must be complimented with a solid foundation in the organization. I believe this is a big reason Shanahan has had so much success turning also rans into solid contributors.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Do you really want 1/2 of cleveland's front 4 leading the defense?

                  Year Total Solo Asst TFL Sack Yds Press Hits Int Yds PBU FF RF S
                  2000 85 56 29 NA 4.5 22.5 25 NA 0 0 9 0 0 0
                  2001 19 17 2 1 4.5 38.5 9 NA 0 0 3 1 2 0
                  2002 41 31 10 2 2 10 12 8 0 0 6 1 2 0
                  2003 60 29 27 4 6 33 26 26 0 0 3 4 1 0
                  2004 3 0 2 1 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 0
                  Career 208 133 70 8 17 104 74 35 0 0 21 6 5 0

                  Of his five years in the league, he's started and finished only one.....his first.
                  Every year since, he's gotten hurt and ended up on IR.

                  On a side note, though.....
                  2003-Named the club’s Ed Block Courage Award recipient, the award given annually to the player who best exemplifies courage, compassion, commitment and community service.
                  Donates his time to various Cleveland area charitable causes, including building homes with Habitat For Humanity, promoting the Browns Rush For Reading program, supporting the Browns ‘Hats Off to Our Heroes’ program, building a playground for the United Way’s Hometown Huddle program, and delivering Christmas toys to needy families in the Cleveland Metropolitan Housing Authority…Developed his own game-day program, named Brownsville, to reward students with game tickets for regular attendance, good behavior and grades…..Outstanding student, earning a 4.0 grade-point average…Earned a bachelor’s degree in integrative arts, earning GTE/CoSIDA and Big Ten Conference academic honors in 1997...
                  Listening to the gurus on espn talk about him, he's an accident waiting to happen, and doesn't justify a big contract.
                  I guess sometimes, a team needs to decide the worth/risk of a player, make the move, and not look back.....
                  "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                  tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                  men."

                  -- Samuel Adams

                  sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would love for us to pick up courtney, provided they structured the contract to protect us in the event of something being torn/ruptured/blown/hyperextended, etc. Get him back down to a reasonable playing weight, and he'll be a heck of a player.

                    I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
                    ABWRFRC

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Courtney Brown

                      I dont know if there is already a thread for this but here is it

                      Courtney Brown

                      Would he be a god pickup??????? Can we afford him????
                      Go Broncos, Lakers, Angels!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I wonder if Cleveland fans used to argue on message boards claiming that Butch Davis knew what he was doing and that he was a good draft evaluator because he was a successful coach at Miami....

                        You know, homer fans yelling at the other fans that pointed out his flaws and why his draft choices were so poor. If so, man, they must be eating serious crow now. His draft record and ability as a head coach was probably the absolute worst in the history of the game.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm not against going after Courtney Brown. He's still very young, and he's still got potential. Hell...we've taken chances on worse guys so.....

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Butch Davis was a T U R D. Good move picking William Green over Portis....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              hey plummer 31 other teams passed up on this guy too... yall think a injury promne player can cme in here and not be injured shesh and yet pryce is over the hill
                              The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                              While he sits by his hearth at home.
                              Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                              That he knows nothing at all.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X