Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're getting two third rounders in compensation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're getting two third rounders in compensation!

Two compensatory third rounders! Woot!

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
    ABWRFRC

A total of 14 teams will get extra selections in the third through seventh rounds, based on the value of the free agents they lost in 2004.

The Titans, who lost defensive linemen Jevon Kearse to Philadelphia and Robaire Smith to Houston, will get the first of the choices, 96th overall at the end of the third round. Denver will get two compensatory choices in that round, 97th and 101st.

Well, that is most exxxxxxxxxcellent, Smithers.
    Jared
    Retired Mod
    Last edited by Jared; 03-21-2005, 08:49 PM.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
    You should check these guys out

Comment

That is the best news I have heard in a long time. You cannot begin to imagine the versatility that this gives us to build up depth and nab good players. Our first day will land us four players for the second year in a row, excellent news.

Comment

We're getting two third rounders in compensation!

Moderators; I know that this is already in the 2005 FA and Draft Forum, however since more people can view it in general and it's of great importance, I've decided to put it here as well; don't move it.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8314712

I hope they're right.

That's excellent and that really opens up the playbook for our draft strategy.

Comment

i hope their right too

that would be sweet, we needed more picks!!!!

Comment

Works for me

thanx to TMHG

Atwater makes the hit
            Woodson makes the pick
            Lott takes it back

All for respect this is how the game should be played

Comment

My God, that is great news. Now we REALLY get to have fun projecting draft picks and we have ammunition to trade up in the 2nd round now, which I think is key.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                My God, that is great news. Now we REALLY get to have fun projecting draft picks and we have ammunition to trade up in the 2nd round now, which I think is key.
                I thought you couldn't trade compensatory picks, but I'm not sure. if you mean we can move up because of our first day stability of two stable picks, then yes I agree with that.

Comment

Zip-a-dee-doo-da Zip-a-dee-yaaa

Sorry about the title, what I meant to say is yabba-dabba-doo. yep....
                  I think that about covers it.
                  Superchop7
                  Banned User
                  Last edited by Superchop7; 03-21-2005, 09:32 PM.

Comment

That is great news.
                    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

It's nice to hear some good news for a change! But where does it say you can't trade compensatory picks? Why not?
                      sigpic

Comment

I think I just wet my pants! 4 first day draft picks is insane! It could be even more with the Pryce trade, or by trading the first rounder for more lower picks. The draft can actually fill some major holes for us.
                        A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                          It's nice to hear some good news for a change! But where does it say you can't trade compensatory picks? Why not?
                          I just remember hearing this last year. i googled it and found this statement on the Packers official web site:

COMPENSATORY SELECTIONS: The Packers own one compensatory choice in 2004. Since 1993, when the NFL Management Council began awarding compensatories (based on net losses in unrestricted free agency), only Dallas (23) has received more than Green Bay (22). Teams cannot trade these picks.

I will keeping trying to find official word on this.

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
                            I think I just wet my pants! 4 first day draft picks is insane! It could be even more with the Pryce trade, or by trading the first rounder for more lower picks. The draft can actually fill some major holes for us.
                            I am actually thinking that they would need to package some of the picks with Pryce to get anything of value. I think I'd rather keep the picks and cut Pryce (so sad, but it economics) at this point.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                            You should check these guys out

Comment

That's great news. Maybe if we are lucky, we can draft Matt Jones out of AK to be a WR/TE for us. I think he'll be a star in the NFL.
                              sigpic
                              In A Room Called Real, I Stay Forever!

Comment

Working...
                              X