Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're getting two third rounders in compensation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRBronco
    Gr8 news to wake up to!

Comment

This is great news. Makes me really happy!

Comment

i aggree with ya dean.... how much value will there be eat 97 and 101?
        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
        While he sits by his hearth at home.
        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

true

how do yall think we will get

thanx to TMHG

Atwater makes the hit
          Woodson makes the pick
          Lott takes it back

All for respect this is how the game should be played

Comment

Great news. I'm glad weve got something to be excited about today. Courtney Brown should provide the next dose of good or bad news. Depending on how you feel about him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
              I'm on the Britt bandwagon, but he's been getting some serious play lately from NFL teams. He is definitely the sleeper OT that could go anywhere from the end of the 1st (unlikely) to somewhere in the 3rd (likely). When he was healthy, he was considered one of the best in the nation.

Mathis likely won't slip to the end of the 3rd if even out of the 2nd, but Scott Young should and he and Mathis have a ton in common, but Young is stronger (43 reps, insane, and long arms to match his 4.9 40). Mike Munoz might slip this far as well though unlikely. I still think the need is a future RT who can play RG this season.

WRs that might warrant a look are Larry Brackins, Courtney Roby and Fred Gibson.

D-linemen I have my eye on are Swancutt, Canty (unlikely), Mosely, Bryant, and King.

A safety might work here like Considine or Underwood.

And finally, I predict we will draft P Dustin Colquitt now if he's still around with one of those 3rd round picks and end our punting problems.
              Britt's leg injury bears watching, because if he fails to work out April 6th, I feel he will drop to the end of the 3rd. If not, a couple of guys I like would be Nick Kaczur, C.J. Brooks (who currently seems to have scouts divided between athletic, and limited, but I'll take his combine workout as him being athletic) and maybe even Doug Nienhuis, if his stock continues to rise from his combine workout.

I like your recievers, and I'll add the names Roscoe Parrish (who likely won't fall past mid third, but would instantly solve our return problems, and is a possession-type in the Peter Warrick-mold) and J.R. Russell, whose size would be an asset in the red zone.

A couple more defensive linemen to watch here would be Mosley's mate Ellison (who if we stay in the 4-3, would be a true sleeper, but could add value as a 3-4 end), Ryan Riddle and Jovan Haye (I honestly don't know what to expect from this guy, but I have read a few good things, but his junior numbers are downright pedestrian). Although the third might be too high, I'm starting to come around on the adonis-looking Trent Cole from Cinci, who is slightly undersized but was very productive as an edge rusher in college, averaging 81 tackles 16 TFL and 6 sacks in his three years as a starter. It will be important to keep tabs on his weight as the draft nears.

Three more guys that might be hanging around at the end of the third could be Brandon Browner (whose combine times might make him this year's Will Poole, but a guy I think provides depth at corner and could develop into a quality cover safety), Darrent Williams (undersized playmaker that will make things happen in the nickel and returning kicks) and Vincent Fuller (another cover safety that provides depth at cornerback, but could bring more speed to a platoon with Ferguson or LaSueur).

Just a couple of names to chew on, and add ons or comments are welcome (unless you plan to fry me on the Trent Cole thing, i just think he could take the KGB career path, or the Aaron Hunt career path, nonetheless, he bears watching.)

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                A couple more defensive linemen to watch here would be Mosley's mate Ellison (who if we stay in the 4-3, would be a true sleeper, but could add value as a 3-4 end), Ryan Riddle and Jovan Haye (I honestly don't know what to expect from this guy, but I have read a few good things, but his junior numbers are downright pedestrian). Although the third might be too high, I'm starting to come around on the adonis-looking Trent Cole from Cinci, who is slightly undersized but was very productive as an edge rusher in college, averaging 81 tackles 16 TFL and 6 sacks in his three years as a starter. It will be important to keep tabs on his weight as the draft nears.
                I reside in Missouri and I follow MU religiously(no laughing please) and C.J. Mosley and Attiyah Ellison made James Kinney look like Al Wilson. They were the absolute core of that entire Defense. Either one would make great additions, considering the way we use our D-Linemen, and I would be ecstatic if we picked one up with one of our compensation picks.

Comment

Wow more uneducated guesses by arm chair GM's over the next few weeks.

Stop already, Mikey will take the BAP in or near the positions of need, MAYBE.

We should be able to get at least 4 of the TOP 101 athletes in the draft. That is all this means.

Now hopefully we won't take flyers in areas we don't have need, LB and TE comes to mind. But I'll be willing to bet at least one of these 4 picks we will stretch once again for someone that is late 4th or 5-6 round material. Has happened in the past will continue to do so in the future as long as Mikey is making the picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton

We should be able to get at least 4 of the TOP 101 athletes in the draft. That is all this means.

Now hopefully we won't take flyers in areas we don't have need, LB and TE comes to mind. But I'll be willing to bet at least one of these 4 picks we will stretch once again for someone that is late 4th or 5-6 round material. Has happened in the past will continue to do so in the future as long as Mikey is making the picks.
                    Welll....shanny's a gambler...no doubt. He likes to bet on the "come". Sometimes it works out (TD) , sometimes it doesn't (NASH).
                    But you have to love the fact that he doesn't just 'play it safe', year in and year out. That's for the cards to do.
                    "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                    tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                    men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Hey dude, are we allowed to enjoy ourselves and have fun on this forum or not? My God, apparently you consider speculating and having fun banter between fans is a crime. Are you the grinch or what.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
                        Hey dude, are we allowed to enjoy ourselves and have fun on this forum or not? My God, apparently you consider speculating and having fun banter between fans is a crime. Are you the grinch or what.
                        Exactly. I was a little confused as to who that rant was addressed to considering he didn't quote anybody. Until the Draft actually happens people speculate. That's how the hell Mel Kiper gets paid.

Comment

Now hopefully we won't take flyers in areas we don't have need, LB and TE comes to mind. But I'll be willing to bet at least one of these 4 picks we will stretch once again for someone that is late 4th or 5-6 round material. Has happened in the past will continue to do so in the future as long as Mikey is making the picks.[/B]
                          I think we still have a need at tight end. Putzier is our only serious receiving threat. Our depth at tight end sucks. Carswell is getting older and his weight and age will catch up with him sooner or later. Hape is nice for a surprise but is not a regular target. Leach is our long snapper and that's about it. We need depth and I definitely wouldn't mind getting somebody here with our 2nd or 3rd rounders.
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                            I think we still have a need at tight end. Putzier is our only serious receiving threat. Our depth at tight end sucks. Carswell is getting older and his weight and age will catch up with him sooner or later. Hape is nice for a surprise but is not a regular target. Leach is our long snapper and that's about it. We need depth and I definitely wouldn't mind getting somebody here with our 2nd or 3rd rounders.
                            There's Patrick Hape, but I really think that Matt Jones kid could make a very good prospect...™
                            This space for rent

Comment

Originally posted by Black59Razor
                              What do you tink of Victor Sesay?

I saw the iowa St game and he looked great....the write-ups on him say he's a great blocker, and at 6'6"-270, he certainly has the size...
                              I like Sesay as a virtual House clone. He has good hands and is a solid blocker, but he's not going to kill a D with his speed. He is the perfect compliment TE for a team that already has a TE in the mold of a Putzier or a Shockey. He can eat up the intermediate routes and occasionally go deep and he is very sound in his movements. His role was diminished towards the end of last season due to Martin Rucker's emergence(Mike Rucker's little brother) and Gary Pinkel and Dave Christensen's inability to put together a decent gameplan.

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                                Carswell has all but officially been moved back to T and Hape is currently an UFA. As you stated Leach is exclusively our Long Snapper, which he does extremely well. We have two young TE's on the roster and I think that one of them will make the roster simply for depth purposes, but you're right we need a solid backup behind Putzier. That's why management was looking at veteran Free Agent TE's even before the Jets offered Putzier an offer sheet. A few veteran TE's will more than likely be signed before camp.

Comment

Working...
                                X