Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're getting two third rounders in compensation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jrhampton
    replied
    Originally posted by TXBRONC
    Ok, I agree with that, I was think that because have the extra picks we could take one later on in the draft which at this point would be the 7th round.

Don't need one at all now, wanna bet he drafts one.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by Jrhampton
    Let me try again WE DON"T HAVE TO WASTE A 1through 3 choice on a TE a 5-7 choice is probably enough. I don't doubt we need some B/u but surely have a higher need on the DL, Free Safety and O line backups.

But of course Mikey will probably p/u another couple of LBs
    Ok, I agree with that, I was think that because have the extra picks we could take one later on in the draft which at this point would be the 7th round.

Leave a comment:

• UltimateSoldier
    replied
    Originally posted by PRBronco
    Well, they did merge a couple into this one.

I knew it. They always have to mess it something. Its the reaosn I post post that often anymore. Its really sad I miss this place.

Leave a comment:

• BlueDevilsDB
    replied
    Originally posted by PRBronco
    If i'm not mistaken, wasn't "the man" rod smith a QB at his little school? (what was it? southern mississippi state or something like that)
    I believe it was Southern Missouri. I know he was a QB in highschool or college. I think he was injured or something and made the switch to WR.

Leave a comment:

• PRBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by UltimateSoldier
    Wow this is amazing. 7 pages and the mods havn't deleted, locked, or moved these thread. Must be some sort of record.
    Well, they did merge a couple into this one.

Leave a comment:

• PRBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Black59Razor
    The only caveat is that the QB to WR conversion has had some success....Drew Bennett, Antwan Randle-El, Hines Ward...so it has been done with some success...

Interesting guy though with his size and speed...
    If i'm not mistaken, wasn't "the man" rod smith a QB at his little school? (what was it? southern mississippi state or something like that)

Leave a comment:

• UltimateSoldier
    replied
    Wow this is amazing. 7 pages and the mods havn't deleted, locked, or moved these thread. Must be some sort of record.

Leave a comment:

• BlueDevilsDB
    replied
    But we do need another receiver....

I think depth at reciever is alway a good thing. I also really want a big reciever like I said earlier. One that can just overpower DBs. I really like Vincent Jackson, but he'll probably go early or mid 2nd.

Chris Lyman?

Leave a comment:

• OhNoKoolAid
    replied

Do either of you buy into Matt Jones?
    No, not really, I think he isn't held to the same standard of other recievers or tight ends. I mean, the fact that he can catch the ball makes some scouts go overboard. The problem I have is that he has NO experience nor production numbers to refer to. I think he is three years away from providing anything valuable outside special teams. If you have any Senior Bowl practice tapes, watch his breaks in and out of his cuts. They are really choppy, and his head tips his breaks. These are things that can be corrected, but he needs reptition to nail these things down. As for blocking, how much did he do at quarterback? I just think that to many people get worked up over his combine and already think he is this polished product, and that just isn't true.I have watched several Arkansas games in Oklahoma and can tell you this, Matt Jones did not play to his 4.4 speed. He is a good fourth round gamble, nothing more.

Leave a comment:

• BlueDevilsDB
    replied
    Chris Henry

Has anyone seen him play much?

I hear he is a great natural athlete. I think the concern about him is character/ lack of maturity. I think he has been ejected from several games in his career.

Leave a comment:

• OhNoKoolAid
    replied
    Well I guess the only recievers we haven't covered that would be had in the 2-3 round would be Cro Thorpe, Chris Henry and Larry Brackins. The first has an injury history that makes Al Davis drool, the second is Randy Moss without the talent, and I don't follow juco football enough to say anything about Brackins. Finally, Reggie Brown, whose athleticism may not be equalled by any other reciever in the draft, and he is a possession reciever in the Rod Smith role, but I'm not sure he is a kick returner, if that is what we fancy. I guess of the ones we have talked about, I like the two Georgia kids the best.

Leave a comment:

• OhNoKoolAid
    replied
    You are right, Berlin was/is a POS....but I remember the last year with Dorsey, and Parrish just did not do anything for me then either...

Who knows, maybe he develops, but I am suspicious to say the least...you could sell me on a comp 3rd, but the second, no way....

As a mid-west guy, what about A&M's Terrance Murphy? Worth a second??

BTW, have you watched Williamson much? If so, what do you think?

These guys that are workout warriors, I just don't know about...I can't say I watched any Carolina games, though, so I could be wrong...
    i have watched Williamson on Jefferson Pilot Sports, one of the grainiest broadcasts you can find. He is hard to evaluate because that offense doesn't translate well to the NFL, but his workouts in running routes and catching the ball have been good, so I've heard.

Murphy is okay, I'm not too fond of him, and Nawrocki says he is tight skinned, which means he is about as big as he is going to get.

I think Fred Gibson is a very gifted athlete, and would be a good pick in the second round. Roddy White bears watching because, one, I've never seen him, and two, he's all over draft boards, from first to third. All I can say is that one of our first four picks should be spent on a wide reciever, but with our luck, we'll wind up with Ciatrick Fason in the second round. I like the guy, but do we really another running back so soon?

Leave a comment:

• BlueDevilsDB
    replied
    You are right, Berlin was/is a POS....but I remember the last year with Dorsey, and Parrish just did not do anything for me then either...

Who knows, maybe he develops, but I am suspicious to say the least...you could sell me on a comp 3rd, but the second, no way....

As a mid-west guy, what about A&M's Terrance Murphy? Worth a second??

BTW, have you watched Williamson much? If so, what do you think?

These guys that are workout warriors, I just don't know about...I can't say I watched any Carolina games, though, so I could be wrong...
    I saw one Carolina game this year.

Williamson has great speed, as he proved in his 40 time. From what I here, he is pretty one dimensional as a deep threat. If he was more complete, I think he could go a lot higher than he will, like middle teens in first round.

Of course, I believe it was him, who said they QBs he played for weren't any good, and thats why his numbers weren't astounding.

Leave a comment:

• OhNoKoolAid
    replied
    I am a Hurricane's fan and have watched almost every game Parrish played in....he is a good kick returner as you say, but he's sort like Perkins in that regard as he is weak as a position player.....I don't like what I saw of him as a Receiver....he was supposed to be a big-time recruit there, but it just never happened.....I don't like him as a WR at all...he is supposedly dropping now for that very reason, according to what I have heard recently...
    Yeah, but don't you think you can place a lot of the blame on Berlin, who showed in Senior Bowl workouts that yes, he was a big part of the Miami problem. I watched a lot of Miami games too, because I'm fascinated by the athletic ability of the team, and Coker is a local boy (P.S. I really wish Orien Harris would have turned pro, he would be an EXCELLENT addition to our front four... or three or two or...). His numbers as a reciever don't differ much from a more prominent prospect, Troy Williamson, and Parrish still amounted almost 700 yards and eight touchdowns in his senior season. Remember, Coles was deemed the step child of the great Peter Warrick, and eventually overcame his oppressor. Parrish is a potential sleeper in a draft full of quality wide recievers.

Leave a comment:

• OhNoKoolAid
    replied
    Perkins would have to be a legit nickle...it will be interesting to see where he goes...with Herndon out the door and no punt returners on the roster worth a damn, we need to find either a DB or a WR that can legitimately do both...

Jerome Mathis? Terrance Murphy? Courtney Roby? Perkins? Justin Miller?

Somebody!
    Justin Miller is great, and had he stayed in school he would have been a top 15 pick. As of right now, i think we would need one of the first ten picks in the second round to nab him, but he could easily beat out Walls in a year or two.

My favorite return man in the draft is Roscoe Parrish, who is the most dazzling and consistent return guy, not only capable of taking everything to the house, but has the hands to prevent mistakes in the return game. I don't know how he would fit in Denver, because everyone wants a bigger guy to develop alongside Lelie and Watts. But Parrish IS a possession guy, a poor man's Coles in my opinion, and I recently heard an interview with Gary Baxter, who said the little guys are tough to jam because of their quickness, and they are hard to mirror in the short area because their agility advantage over the long limbed guys. But they do make for a difficult target to see over the line.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X