Dont be surprised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont be surprised

If we draft a Cornerback with our first pick. I've been looking at the moves this team is making and I think I have an idea why they didnt resign herndon. I think herndon would undoubtedly be deserving of decent money given the fact that when he's played he has performed well plus he can stay healthy. With walls though they have bargaining room due to the fact that he's always hurt and teams sort of stay clear of that.

I think they kept the cheaper guy and also a guy that wont really insist on being a starter due to the fact that he didnt play last year and hardly any the year before. So now they go out draft a top tier corner back and have him push Lenny in camp for the job.

I may be wrong but the D Line seems to be coming along just fine and we have alot of options there, for example wether we keep pryce or not and if chucky moves to a DE .
    Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

Chucky is only good as a pass rush DE and wouldnt work in a 3-4. But I can see where you are coming from. I think most people would expect a DL or OL, but you make a good observation.
    My Broncomania Adopt-a-Bronco: Rod Smith

Elway stops, loads up, throws deep down the middle of the field and Rod Smith's got it!

America is like your team, and if your not gonna root for your team then get the hell outta the stadium.

Madden Online Record 109-90 (7-3 L10)

Comment

Originally posted by Aija
      If we draft a Cornerback with our first pick. I've been looking at the moves this team is making and I think I have an idea why they didnt resign herndon. I think herndon would undoubtedly be deserving of decent money given the fact that when he's played he has performed well plus he can stay healthy. With walls though they have bargaining room due to the fact that he's always hurt and teams sort of stay clear of that.

I think they kept the cheaper guy and also a guy that wont really insist on being a starter due to the fact that he didnt play last year and hardly any the year before. So now they go out draft a top tier corner back and have him push Lenny in camp for the job.

I may be wrong but the D Line seems to be coming along just fine and we have alot of options there, for example wether we keep pryce or not and if chucky moves to a DE .
      Walls not only played the entire 2003 season, he started as the #1 CB. Walls won't have to insist on being a starter, his play will determine whether or not he is a starter. Herndon was overpaid, plain and simple. I respect the fact that you like to root for the underdog, but Herndon is a Nickel Back at best and playing in a division loaded with talented WR's will prove that.

I seriously doubt that management would use their Round 1 pick on a Defensive Back, but I can definitely see them drafting a Defensive Back on Day 1. I don't see our Secondary as an area of need if Lynch is moved to SS and LeSueur is moved to FS to be groomed to take over. I think Middlebrooks and LeSueur will battle hard for the Nickel Back position and Shoate and Alexander will add depth, but I could definitely see us drafting a Defensive Back to be insurance due to our rash of injuries last season.

Our D-Line is still full of question marks. We still need to sign at least one DE and we still need to get another solid DT. Chucky is a situational player, along with Palepoi. If Pryce is dealt we will need 2 DE's and a DT that can play the bulk of the snaps with the rest of the players on the roster rotating and adding depth.

Comment

First off, let me state that i don't like the idea of us taking a corner in the first round, or the first 2 rounds for that matter. That being said, I read that the broncos actually interviewed antrel rolle at the combine. It's my understanding that you only get to interview so many players, so i found that intriguing.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
        ABWRFRC

Comment

Well, I wouldn't be surprised, I would be shocked as hell.

Comment

i think r 3rd pick pick should should be a saftey or corner
            Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by PRBronco
              First off, let me state that i don't like the idea of us taking a corner in the first round, or the first 2 rounds for that matter. That being said, I read that the broncos actually interviewed antrel rolle at the combine. It's my understanding that you only get to interview so many players, so i found that intriguing.
              Antrell Rolle would be a good pick if we got him at #25.
              sigpic

Comment

no way Rolle drops to 25. at least going by all the mock drafts i've been seeing and how much i've been hearing about his stock being pretty high. never know though, might see some crazy ass trade-up where Shanny goes for him.

i'd be super surprised to see a CB drafted in the first or second. well, maybe second I could see, but no way in the first. DL DL DL, that's all we need, even if we sign Brown, Douglas or Jasper.

Check out Goal Line Blitz

WINNER of Elevation INC's Pick Your 53 Challenge....Sig to come!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosB2B
                  Chucky is only good as a pass rush DE and wouldnt work in a 3-4. But I can see where you are coming from. I think most people would expect a DL or OL, but you make a good observation.

Oh, and I have to comment on this. I don't know what you're thinking, but Chucky would be perfect for a 3-4 as the OLB/DE spot. In fact Shanny has said that him and Palepoi will most likely be splitting time there when they go with the 3-4.

Chucky is better as a 3-4 LB than a 4-3 one.

Comment

Originally posted by Aija
                    this'll be my last consecutive post in this thread, I promise.

I see what you're saying, but they have already said Walls is the starter. They threw money at him and put the first round tender so they wouldn't lose him, I very highly doubt they would put him as the nickel. if we drafted a CB it would be for the nickel spot where we already have decent players (Middlebrooks I think is a good nickel back). it would be purely for depth if we were to draft one, and if we did I would imagine it would be in a later round than the first.

Comment

There are only two possible scenarios that would lead to "possibly" taking a CB in the first round. One would be Adam Jones, and the other would be Antrel Rolle. Other than that, it aint gonna happen (ofcourse I can kid myself seeing how Mike Shannahan likes to play with fire on CB's...Middlbrooks, Oneal). Anyway, the draft is pretty deep on CB's, so we may find some success in the latter part of the first day.

But really, I think (o.k...hope) MS has learned his lessons. The only good players out of the first round that MS knows is Linebackers. But seeing how we are now pretty loaded, and the draft is weak on them, I see us going in a different direction.

DE...please, please get some pressure on the QB.

1. DE/DL 2. DE/DL 3. DE/DL 3. DE/DL 4. DE/DL... you get the picture.

Comment

Where did we get the fourth pick from Sherlock?? Didn't we trade it?

Comment

Rolle wont play corner in the NFL, he will be moved to safety. He has great coverage skills, and can tackle, but he runs a 4.5 which is really slow for a corner

Comment

Originally posted by Dean
                            Where did we get the fourth pick from Sherlock?? Didn't we trade it?

My bad...

maybe thats what we get for pryce...

Comment

Dont forget Middlebrooks finally started playing like a corner last year[former 1st round pick] I hated the idea of losing kelly, he played as well as champ i thought, the whole secondary got burned alot because of a crappy pass rush, but i guess shanny went with the cheaper corner in walls. if we did get a corner in the first round im guessing he would develop alot faster then middlebrooks has because we got champ in there teaching these guys on the field, the thing is, corners are highly sought after right now so i wouldnt be suprised if the best 3 corners in the draft are gone by the time denver picks, im looking for a DE/linebacker type in the first round and a saftey with our 2rd pick, 3rd round will bring a OL and a WR/kickreturner type and a Linebacker somewhere on day 2.
                              "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X