No announcement yet.

Dont be surprised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark my words, a WR or DB will not be taken on the first day usless we are seeking speed on special team.

I would guess that we take DE and DT in the first two rounds and Oline with the two seconds.
    Only one of the above would take some consideration and thay is if a top tier WR fell to us where he should have been gone, but we have too many areas on the LOS to address to worry about WR. This draft will produce starters out of all lineman selected on the first day withing two years.
    Broncos forever!! :clap:
    \

Me and my daughter, Christmas eve 2006

My wife and my daughter, same game against the Bengals.

:wave:

Comment

Originally posted by DPg2003
      Walls not only played the entire 2003 season, he started as the #1 CB. Walls won't have to insist on being a starter, his play will determine whether or not he is a starter. Herndon was overpaid, plain and simple. I respect the fact that you like to root for the underdog, but Herndon is a Nickel Back at best and playing in a division loaded with talented WR's will prove that.

I seriously doubt that management would use their Round 1 pick on a Defensive Back, but I can definitely see them drafting a Defensive Back on Day 1. I don't see our Secondary as an area of need if Lynch is moved to SS and LeSueur is moved to FS to be groomed to take over. I think Middlebrooks and LeSueur will battle hard for the Nickel Back position and Shoate and Alexander will add depth, but I could definitely see us drafting a Defensive Back to be insurance due to our rash of injuries last season.

Our D-Line is still full of question marks. We still need to sign at least one DE and we still need to get another solid DT. Chucky is a situational player, along with Palepoi. If Pryce is dealt we will need 2 DE's and a DT that can play the bulk of the snaps with the rest of the players on the roster rotating and adding depth.
      Wrong.Lenny Walls started starting during mid season...remember the constant bashing of Willie Middlebrooks and especially Deltha O Neal that year?Though they weren't as doing as bad as they were meant out to be...

I am tired of people saying Herndon is better suited as a nickel back...

He played solid all season long.He didn't give up many yards after catch.He batted many passes down,he played tough coverage,he had great footwork,he has good hands and could of grabbed many more INT's if we just had some pass rush,he is one of the best tackling CB's in the game,he's young he's only 27 years old,he was playing alongside Champ Bailey,3/4 of the games he had passes thrown to him more then Bailey,and didn't he handle that well?He barely gave up any 100 recieving yard games...

Did you see Stokely own Herndon in the Playoff game?No.Because Herndon was covering Stokely like they were glued together.

He was 3rd in tackles in 03 for us,he had 68 tackles this season.23 batted passes this year.

He's agressive,top notch tackler,and has great footwork.

He is better then Lenny Walls,he prove it this year.

If he's better as a nickel back,the why did he have such a great season starting every game this year?Another plus is,he never suffers a major injury.Unlike Lenny Walls....

Kelly Herndon is no underdog.Not after this season.If people actually watched his games,instead of judging what other fans say and what management said before the season,they would actaully realize how good Herndon was.

Some even say that Herndon had a better season then Bailey in terms of play.

It's silly to say the man is better suited as a Nickel Back.Especially when he started all 16 games and barely had any problems covering recievers....
      Rod Smith, Jimmy Smith and Art Monk are the most underrated recievers in my time watching the NFL. It's a shame.

Rod Smith: 2005 NFL Pro Bowler

Comment

cb

I think we'll use one of our compensatory picks on a CB. I wouldn't be surprised to see Shanahan take a look at Ronald Bartell Jr. if he's still there. IMHO, I believe of our 4 first day picks 1 will be D-line, 1 will be O-line, and the other two will be best available as they present themselves, with the order determined by who is slipping in each round.

Comment

As for the topic itself,I wouldn't take it as a distinct possibility,it could very well happen.

Even if we don't trade Pryce we have to address the D Line problems in the first round...

Gerrard Warren and Courtney Brown acquisitions...whoopty doo..they are unproven tackles...we cannot risk starting these guys for the whole season.It's ok if we don't resign Ellis or Fatefehi,if we draft a end or tackle in the first round of the draft.
          Rod Smith, Jimmy Smith and Art Monk are the most underrated recievers in my time watching the NFL. It's a shame.

Rod Smith: 2005 NFL Pro Bowler

Comment

Originally posted by Aija
            If we draft a Cornerback with our first pick. I've been looking at the moves this team is making and I think I have an idea why they didnt resign herndon. I think herndon would undoubtedly be deserving of decent money given the fact that when he's played he has performed well plus he can stay healthy. With walls though they have bargaining room due to the fact that he's always hurt and teams sort of stay clear of that.

I think they kept the cheaper guy and also a guy that wont really insist on being a starter due to the fact that he didnt play last year and hardly any the year before. So now they go out draft a top tier corner back and have him push Lenny in camp for the job.

I may be wrong but the D Line seems to be coming along just fine and we have alot of options there, for example wether we keep pryce or not and if chucky moves to a DE .
            Well I know you like Herndon but I think that is clouding your judgement about Herndon. First, and foremost being hurt one season does not qualify as always hurt, that's just a plain and simple fact. Second, the tender that Shanahan put on Walls shows who he thinks the better corner is, that being Walls (which I agree with completely). Third, going after a corner in the draft is possible, but I doubt we can a top tier corner.
            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

If we draft a Cornerback with our first pick. I've been looking at the moves this team is making and I think I have an idea why they didnt resign herndon. I think herndon would undoubtedly be deserving of decent money given the fact that when he's played he has performed well plus he can stay healthy. With walls though they have bargaining room due to the fact that he's always hurt and teams sort of stay clear of that.

I think they kept the cheaper guy and also a guy that wont really insist on being a starter due to the fact that he didnt play last year and hardly any the year before. So now they go out draft a top tier corner back and have him push Lenny in camp for the job.

I may be wrong but the D Line seems to be coming along just fine and we have alot of options there, for example wether we keep pryce or not and if chucky moves to a DE .
              You do realize that we gave a first round tender to Walls right????

Comment

Well....I disagree.
                How did bringing in a top-tier CB work out last year?
                Without a pass rush, you could have 7 cb's, and the qb will still pick your D apart.
                I would bet that D line will get addressed before CB.....
                "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
                tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
                men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

No way would I draft Antrel Rolle. I'd take Carlos Rogers or Adam Jones over him. Rolle may be a physical corner, but he doesn't have the speed needed to lineup on most WRs in the NFL so his ability to press the receiver would be moot since he has no "make up speed". If someone were to make him a FS/SS, I think he would rival Ed Reed's playmaking ability. He has a nose for the ball, but he just doesn't have the speed IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMMERFAN16
                    No way would I draft Antrel Rolle. I'd take Carlos Rogers or Adam Jones over him. Rolle may be a physical corner, but he doesn't have the speed needed to lineup on most WRs in the NFL so his ability to press the receiver would be moot since he has no "make up speed". If someone were to make him a FS/SS, I think he would rival Ed Reed's playmaking ability. He has a nose for the ball, but he just doesn't have the speed IMO.
                    Really? I thought his speed was pretty good in the couple games I watched him play in college. What is his 40 time?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BVP
                      Really? I thought his speed was pretty good in the couple games I watched him play in college. What is his 40 time?
                      He's been posting some 4.5 times. He put up a 4.49 and a 4.52 at Miami's Pro Day, but he ran consistently in the 4.5 at the Combine. That's too slow to be an "elite" corner today.
                      Last edited by GIVEME6; 03-28-2005, 12:09 AM.

Comment

i have seen a few mocks that drop pac man jones to us if this happened do you pass or take?
                        The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                        While he sits by his hearth at home.
                        Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                        That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DBF
                          Wrong.Lenny Walls started starting during mid season...remember the constant bashing of Willie Middlebrooks and especially Deltha O Neal that year?Though they weren't as doing as bad as they were meant out to be...

He played solid all season long.He didn't give up many yards after catch.He batted many passes down,he played tough coverage,he had great footwork,he has good hands and could of grabbed many more INT's if we just had some pass rush,he is one of the best tackling CB's in the game,he's young he's only 27 years old,he was playing alongside Champ Bailey,3/4 of the games he had passes thrown to him more then Bailey,and didn't he handle that well?He barely gave up any 100 recieving yard games...

Did you see Stokely own Herndon in the Playoff game?No.Because Herndon was covering Stokely like they were glued together.

He was 3rd in tackles in 03 for us,he had 68 tackles this season.23 batted passes this year.

If he's better as a nickel back,the why did he have such a great season starting every game this year?Another plus is,he never suffers a major injury.Unlike Lenny Walls....

Kelly Herndon is no underdog.Not after this season.If people actually watched his games,instead of judging what other fans say and what management said before the season,they would actaully realize how good Herndon was.

It's silly to say the man is better suited as a Nickel Back.Especially when he started all 16 games and barely had any problems covering recievers....
                          Stats other than tackles and even that one is tough to determine who they tackled for CB are hard to use as a ruler. Maybe passes defended but even that is misleading. The only ones that know for sure are the coaches grading the film.

If the CB is getting beat alot he gets alot of tackles. If he is playing the number 2 WR he may be getting alot of tackles, especialy if the Qb's are not thowing at the #1 WR against your #1 CB.

Walls beat out delta for the # 1 spot and herndon played #2 WR most of that year.

That is the history prior to last year. Last year, I remember seeing herndon trying to catch his WR, alot because he was beat he was usually in the trailing position. Almost everyime I saw someone getting the long pass it was his number and #28 that came into TV screen when the camera zoomed out.

I'm glad he is getting big bucks in SEA and hope he will do fine and will invest his money well, but I suspect that SEA soon will find out what the DEN coaches already, know he is an emergency #2 or nickle back at best.

Comment

Originally posted by DBF

I'm sorry but you are mistaken. Walls was a starting ALL of the 2003 season. It was Herndon that stepped in for O'Neal in '03. Also I base my opinion of Herndon on what I have seen of him personally and how he's been evaluated and projects out as nickle back. The ONLY reason he started this year is because Walls was injured that is fact. Also so what he started all 16 game, if hadn't been on the team someone else would have. Finally, any player having one season where he is injured doesn't make him injury prone. If has another injury riddled season like this past one then that is fare criticism.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Yes, losing Herndon to the Seahawks will hurt a little . He was an average to maybe slightly above average cornerback over the last 2 years. He would, however, be a very solid nickle back. Covering #3 recievers and with his run support he could have been a real plus. As a #1 or #2 corner I just don't see him as a superior player.

Comment

Do you just choose not to post it but you guys signed brown

Comment

Working...
                                X