Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver will now have the #15 and #22 picks in the 2006 draft

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5433076

Disgruntled defensive end John Abraham may finally have been traded to the team he was hoping, albeit not in the trade route that was expected.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Falcons, Broncos and Jets swung a three-way trade Tuesday in order to make the deal happen that would get Abraham to the Falcons. The deal is also still be reviewed by the league office and all parties are waiting for approval.
    If the trade is approved, then the Falcons have traded their first-round pick (No. 15 overall) to the Broncos, which traded their first-rounder (No. 29) and two additional picks to Atlanta. The Falcons then send the 29th pick of the draft to the Jets for Abraham. The Jets thus receive a draft pick two slots higher in the first round than the Seahawks were able to offer.

Abraham also told FOXSports.com several days ago that he had agreed to the financial parameters of a deal with the Falcons and insisted that was the primary team he wanted to play for.

Abraham also talked glowingly about the opportunity to play on a defense with the likes of fellow Pro Bowl defensive end Patrick Kerney as well as Pro Bowler players Keith Booking, DeAngelo Hall and Rod Coleman. Abraham also balked at the idea of moving to the Northwest to play in Seattle.

All three teams must get league approval before the trade becomes validated

I just read this in the free agency section, this is awesome!!! You guys wanted us to make a move, and now we have!!!!!

this is gonna be so much better, we can almost get anyone we want now, realistically.
    vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

sigpic

Comment

2 things Im wondering about:
      I wonder what picks Denver had to give up..

I wonder who we are targeting in the draft. A RB?
      You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

hell yea!!! with number 15 AND 22 we can get 2 great players!!!!! number 15 helps us out soooo much!
        R.I.P. Darrent Williams and Damien Nash

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosRPH
          http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5433076

Disgruntled defensive end John Abraham may finally have been traded to the team he was hoping, albeit not in the trade route that was expected.

FOXSports.com has learned that the Falcons, Broncos and Jets swung a three-way trade Tuesday in order to make the deal happen that would get Abraham to the Falcons. The deal is also still be reviewed by the league office and all parties are waiting for approval.
          If the trade is approved, then the Falcons have traded their first-round pick (No. 15 overall) to the Broncos, which traded their first-rounder (No. 29) and two additional picks to Atlanta. The Falcons then send the 29th pick of the draft to the Jets for Abraham. The Jets thus receive a draft pick two slots higher in the first round than the Seahawks were able to offer.

Abraham also told FOXSports.com several days ago that he had agreed to the financial parameters of a deal with the Falcons and insisted that was the primary team he wanted to play for.

Abraham also talked glowingly about the opportunity to play on a defense with the likes of fellow Pro Bowl defensive end Patrick Kerney as well as Pro Bowler players Keith Booking, DeAngelo Hall and Rod Coleman. Abraham also balked at the idea of moving to the Northwest to play in Seattle.

All three teams must get league approval before the trade becomes validated
          truthfully...I would really rather just trade for Abraham...

but maybe this way we know we can get Mathias Kiwanuka at #22 and we could take DeAngelo Williams or LenDale White at #15 or vise versa...or grab Kiwanuka and a DT and take Mike Bell later...

Im a Tatum supporter...but I really wouldnt mind drafting a rookie.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NASurfer
            2 things Im wondering about:
            I wonder what picks Denver had to give up..

I wonder who we are targeting in the draft. A RB?
            We gave up our 29, and I think a 3rd and a 4th.
            Administrator

sigpic

Comment

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats a great move - moving up 14 places in the 1st just for a 3rd and 4th rounder (we may get a 3rd round compensation pick as well)

we REALLY took advantage of atlanta - JA - NYJ messed up situation!!! LOL

we could package these 2 picks for a top 10

if we stay at 15 we are bound to have a shot at a top player - maybe vernon davis - ngata or a top RB.

HELL YEAH!!!

Comment

Man I hope this deal goes through. I was mad upset we didn't get T.O. but this will turn my frown upsidedown. With the #15 pick, we got to get RB DeAngelo Williams.
                sigpic
                In A Room Called Real, I Stay Forever!

Comment

Man, makes me wonder who the Broncos are eyeing in the draft?? #15 is pretty high up there...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003
                    FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats a great move - moving up 14 places in the 1st just for a 3rd and 4th rounder (we may get a 3rd round compensation pick as well)

we REALLY took advantage of atlanta - JA - NYJ messed up situation!!! LOL

we could package these 2 picks for a top 10

if we stay at 15 we are bound to have a shot at a top player - maybe vernon davis - ngata or a top RB.

HELL YEAH!!!
                    Package, heck now, we need to keep these two picks, we can get some great players now.

I figured we would get a great player at 22 and not so great at 29, but now!!!!
                    vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

sigpic

Comment

I would actually picture the Saints picking up Vernon davis with that second pick. Brees had a killer tight end in San Diego and im sure he would love to have another. Either way im happy to see we made a move

Comment

When was the last time we picked in the top 15?

I too want to know who they are eyeing at 15. You guys know who I want, DeAngelo Williams. Who do you guys want at #15?
                        sigpic
                        In A Room Called Real, I Stay Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by Conde
                          Man I hope this deal goes through. I was mad upset we didn't get T.O. but this will turn my frown upsidedown. With the #15 pick, we got to get RB DeAngelo Williams.

Screw williams we can for sure get maroney with the 15th pick and get lawson with the 22 pick. or package the 15 and another pick and move up and try for super mario

Comment

wow! great job by the broncos, imo. moving up to the 15th for the 29th, a 3rd this year and a 4th next. nice deal.

sure opens up a lot of possibilities. we could move up into the top 10 (anyone have the draft pick value chart handy? where would are two #1's put us?). that could give us a shot at davis or ngata. i would also love to get huff. lynch and huff starting in the secondary would be pretty okay.

this gets a woot-woot out of me.
                            "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

According to Adam Schefter, we gave up a 3rd Round this year and a 4th Round NEXT YEAR!

Someone call the police! Shanahan just robbed the Falcons/Jets!

I never wanted Abraham OR Owens!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X