Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver will now have the #15 and #22 picks in the 2006 draft

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [QUOTE=Buck76]
    Originally posted by Conde
    LMAO!!!Please don't let it be Jay Cutler or Matt Leinart. I hate a standing QB back there. I hope they trade both 1st Round Picks and draft Vince Young.

    I would rather see the Raiders draft Jay Cutler or Matt Leinart before they draft Vince Young. Vince Young will be a Super Star and the other two will be average at best in my opinion.

    Boy would I go nuts if they do trade both 1st. Round Picks for Vince Young to replace #16. There's nothing more I want than replacing #16.Because I want a RB who can actually get 2000 yards with our System and not a guy who'll just get 1,000 yards. We need a Super Star Player.[ I have said it all a long, we will never win it all with Plummer! Maybe VY is the key? You make a good point.
    wow that might be the most off base comments i have read on these boards.
    lets see the last super bowl champs quarterback
    Big Ben somewhat mobile
    tom brady not as much mobility
    kurt warner
    trent dilfer
    brad johnson
    get a clue my friend. these guys take the time to read the field and find the open guy. A wide reciever has 3 or 4 guys to beat after the catch. a quarterback has 11 guys to beat to get to the house.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by BroncoStampede
      I dont think Im so crazy because I think Shanahan is convinced he is set at DE. That doesnt mean I think we're set talent wise because we have been missing a great DE since Berry and Hayward left.

      The problem is we have loaded up on average DEs, although I think Ekuban will have a breakout year but thats another discussion entirely. We just paid Lang to come in and we re-signed Brown. If one of those things had not happened I would really think we would draft a DE.

      But when you look at the roster and see 7 DEs compared to Warren, Myers, and Veal for DT its obvious we will have to pick a DT in the draft simply to fill out a roster spot if nothing else unless we sign 3 DTs after the draft.

      DT is the position we should really be looking at IMO. Bunkley would be a great selection because he is a pass rushing DT. He probably wont fall to us but if he did the smart move would be take him. At 22 we can give the offense an upgrade with either a RB, WR, or TE.
      I would agree with this but unfortunately, nobody is asking for my opinion. I would imagine Shanahan will take Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes or LenDale White, etc. I don't think any of those players will be stars in this league but I've been wrong before.

      My guess is that 3 years from now this year's #1 Broncos draft pick will be another of those "where are they now" guys, like Terry Pierce and Darius Watts are today, but I hope not!
      sigpic

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Buck76
        Boy would I go nuts if they do trade both 1st. Round Picks for Vince Young to replace #16. There's nothing more I want than replacing #16.Because I want a RB who can actually get 2000 yards with our System and not a guy who'll just get 1,000 yards. We need a Super Star Player.[ I have said it all a long, we will never win it all with Plummer! Maybe VY is the key? You make a good point.
        VY is not the key for the Broncos. Leinart or Cutler would be a small piece of the puzzel for the Broncos, but a QB isn't even the key. The key is getting depth at WR and getting a better pass rush.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Cugel
          I would agree with this but unfortunately, nobody is asking for my opinion. I would imagine Shanahan will take Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes or LenDale White, etc. I don't think any of those players will be stars in this league but I've been wrong before.

          My guess is that 3 years from now this year's #1 Broncos draft pick will be another of those "where are they now" guys, like Terry Pierce and Darius Watts are today, but I hope not!

          I disagree with about White I think he's actually better than Reggie Bush. Now are you saying that if we put LenDale White in our backfield he would be a flop? Considering our past success I really do doubt it Cugel.

          Pierce and Watts were not number one pick and as it is with every team in the League you hit on some players and miss on others.
          John 11: 25-27

          My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



          Thanks Snk16

          Comment


          • Originally posted by TXBRONC
            I disagree with about White I think he's actually better than Reggie Bush. Now are you saying that if we put LenDale White in our backfield he would be a flop? Considering our past success I really do doubt it Cugel.

            Pierce and Watts were not number one pick and as it is with every team in the League you hit on some players and miss on others.
            Who said he'd be a flop? NOT me!

            I personally wouldn't like to see Shanahan use the #1 pick on a RB because I believe that he could find someone who would be successful without using that high of a pick. But, White could be successful in the Broncos system.

            As for Pierce and Watts they were 2nd round picks! And it's considered a complete failure if your 2nd round pick is cut from the team after doing nothing for 2 or 3 seasons! That's a serious draft failure. Not quite as serious as drafting Marcus Nash and then cutting him because he can't beat out undrafted FAs, but serious none the less.
            sigpic

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Cugel
              Who said he'd be a flop? NOT me!

              I personally wouldn't like to see Shanahan use the #1 pick on a RB because I believe that he could find someone who would be successful without using that high of a pick. But, White could be successful in the Broncos system.

              As for Pierce and Watts they were 2nd round picks! And it's considered a complete failure if your 2nd round pick is cut from the team after doing nothing for 2 or 3 seasons! That's a serious draft failure. Not quite as serious as drafting Marcus Nash and then cutting him because he can't beat out undrafted FAs, but serious none the less.

              I would agree with this but unfortunately, nobody is asking for my opinion. I would imagine Shanahan will take Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes or LenDale White, etc. I don't think any of those players will be stars in this league but I've been wrong before.

              I took this to mean that you think they will be flops. At anyrate not all picks are going to work out for whatever reason and every coach in this Leage has had their fair share of failures as well.

              I agree that Nash was bad pick but how many 32nd picks actually go on to have solid careers? The only I know of on our team is Al Wilson.
              John 11: 25-27

              My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



              Thanks Snk16

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Conde
                Because I want a RB who can actually get 2000 yards with our System and not a guy who'll just get 1,000 yards. We need a Super Star Player.
                Your opinion officially holds no weight with me, whatsoever.

                When we are in the #2 in rushing and you claim our running game isn't good enough, you obviously have no flaming idea what you're talking about.


                [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

                Comment


                • Originally posted by TXBRONC
                  I would agree with this but unfortunately, nobody is asking for my opinion. I would imagine Shanahan will take Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes or LenDale White, etc. I don't think any of those players will be stars in this league but I've been wrong before.

                  I took this to mean that you think they will be flops. At anyrate not all picks are going to work out for whatever reason and every coach in this Leage has had their fair share of failures as well.

                  I agree that Nash was bad pick but how many 32nd picks actually go on to have solid careers? The only I know of on our team is Al Wilson.
                  WOW TX, nobody is asking your opinion. How could that be? Just kidding of course. It did catch my funny bone tonight though. Just got off a grueling crew IT shutdown and I must be tired.

                  Why don't you think Holmes could be a star? I think Holmes has a lot of upside. I would love to have Holmes as a third wide receiver for us. He runs good routes and can get open and catches everything thrown at him. He could be a real good find for us even though he is not real tall, the scouting reports says he could be a good blocker.
                  Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

                  Comment


                  • Well I just got back from florida and I missed out on all the news, I just found out about this deal and I love it! Great move.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • drafting reggie bush would be awesome, imagine what we could do with a rb that some people are saying is going to be one of the best in our superior system, and by the way i wont be satisfied until we are #1 in rushing offence. realisticly thogh we wont get reggie bush but i have no faith whatsoever in either PLummer or Dayne the only thing is that im willing to put up with Plummer for another season because their is no reasanable replacment for him the way things are now which means we need a rb at the 22nd pick and then we need to pray that huff falls to 15th becuz lets face it tatum bell cant do it all on his own and ron dayne is has yet to prove himself imo
                      go broncos

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by broncos_fan88
                        drafting reggie bush would be awesome, imagine what we could do with a rb that some people are saying is going to be one of the best in our superior system, and by the way i wont be satisfied until we are #1 in rushing offence. realisticly thogh we wont get reggie bush but i have no faith whatsoever in either PLummer or Dayne the only thing is that im willing to put up with Plummer for another season because their is no reasanable replacment for him the way things are now which means we need a rb at the 22nd pick and then we need to pray that huff falls to 15th becuz lets face it tatum bell cant do it all on his own and ron dayne is has yet to prove himself imo


                        whew!! thank god you're willing to put up with jake for another year-- what would happen if you weren't?!
                        Officially Objectified by the GPA

                        rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by broncos_fan88
                          drafting reggie bush would be awesome, imagine what we could do with a rb that some people are saying is going to be one of the best in our superior system, and by the way i wont be satisfied until we are #1 in rushing offence. realisticly thogh we wont get reggie bush but i have no faith whatsoever in either PLummer or Dayne the only thing is that im willing to put up with Plummer for another season because their is no reasanable replacment for him the way things are now which means we need a rb at the 22nd pick and then we need to pray that huff falls to 15th becuz lets face it tatum bell cant do it all on his own and ron dayne is has yet to prove himself imo
                          Have you ever thought about punctuation or capitalization in your comments. Would be so much easier to see where one thought stops and another starts.

                          Word to the wise.

                          There might be a coherent thought in there somewhere, but I'm really not sure.
                          Last edited by JRWIZ; 03-25-2006, 03:24 PM. Reason: spelling

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X