How can we get Davis if we trade #37?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can we get Davis if we trade #37?

if for some reason mike realizes who he can have this year, how could we get davis? this is assuming we trade #37 to the pack for you know who. i say first, second, and lelie would do it, and personally, i'd do it. you'd probably have to throw in another pick, but i wouldnt care. our defense has one hole, and our offense would be #1. imagine our rushing attack plus 3500-4000 yards passing.
    AMAZING!!!!

Originally posted by broncos74310
    if for some reason mike realizes who he can have this year, how could we get davis? this is assuming we trade #37 to the pack for you know who. i say first, second, and lelie would do it, and personally, i'd do it. you'd probably have to throw in another pick, but i wouldnt care. our defense has one hole, and our offense would be #1. imagine our rushing attack plus 3500-4000 yards passing.
    AMAZING!!!!
    Just to warn you, this thread will probably be moved to the draft forum so be sure to look for it there later when you can't find it.

As to your question, I think the reason we traded down from our #22 overall pick was because nobody in the top 6 would trade away their pick for ours. We tried, it didn't work, and we went another direction.

Davis is no longer in the equation, in my opinion. Assuming he ever was.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

yeah. I agree. I think we found that no one was willing to move their spot for our picks... so we decided to grab MORE picks in a draft that isn't filled with overwhelming talent.

Davis would have been THE pick to have in this draft... (other than Bush)....I actually got my hopes up for a moment thinking about using our picks to move up and get him.. but now its just another dream pick gone.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos74310
        AMAZING!!!!

1) We're not getting Davis, upi guys might as well quit torturing yourself.

2)Not one NFL player in history has gotten 2500 yards receiving in a single season, let alone3500-4000 yards.

Rod Smith is good for 800-1200 yards, and after that it's nothing depending on what will happen with Lelie.

It still baffles my mind that you VD fans actually think he's going to get 100 catches for 1000 yards and 20 TD's in his rookie season. Absolutely mind boggling.

EDIT: Then again, I see Denver is in talks with Green Bay again. Who knows what could happen.
        Last edited by silkamilkamonic; 04-25-2006, 12:46 PM.

Comment

There is only one way we will get Davis and here it is:

1. Wait till the draft is over.
          2. Hook up your Madden to the internet and download the new rosters
          3. Trade for him!

I know thats what I'm doing!

Comment

Originally posted by cinnamunmun
            There is only one way we will get Davis and here it is:

1. Wait till the draft is over.
            2. Hook up your Madden to the internet and download the new rosters
            3. Trade for him!

I know thats what I'm doing!

Ahh, I see now.

That's what people mean when they say "VD will be the difference maker that Denver needs".

I thought they meant on the field in real life. Whew, now I can breathe easier. I thought there was actually people here that believed VD would bring Denver a "real" SuperBowl.

Comment

i'd be more excited about the prospects of getting mario williams, than VD. even the guys initials are bad.

but yeah, this draft is really deep in terms of talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. so in leau of grabbing a high pick for mario (or VD) we went with a bounty of picks

as it is, we went from: 22nd pick, 29th pick, 61st pick, 93rd pick
              to: 15th pick, 37th pick, 61st pick, 68th pick, and a fourth rounder gone from next years draft

personally, i think its a pretty dramatic improvement, despite not being able to trade up to grab mario or vernon.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                Ahh, I see now.

That's what people mean when they say "VD will be the difference maker that Denver needs".

I thought they meant on the field in real life. Whew, now I can breathe easier. I thought there was actually people here that believed VD would bring Denver a "real" SuperBowl.
                but it is real!

With Maddens stupid "BOOMS" and Al Michaels wishing Madden would just retire or get locked in the hall of fame.

Of course another way you could get VD would be to go to some floozy's house, and yea,

Comment

2)Not one NFL player in history has gotten 2500 yards receiving in a single season, let alone3500-4000 yards.
                  Your density once again shines briliantly in this post...

He didn't say 3500 for one player, but as a team.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Yes, but many QBs have passed for 4000 yards.
                    "This is a terrible thread and I've negged the OP." -CoryWinget81
                    "If the ACL is torn ... Von will in fact miss next year as well." -PFM2013

Comment

i think its safe to say " we will never get VD"

we are not raider fans for gosh sakes

sigpic
                      when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Ahh, I see now.

For that matter Silk there isn't any one player out there that can assure us of a Super Bowl win in the real world. No such player exsists.

IF (and tha is a big if) we got VD could be a difference maker in the offense and help the Broncos get to the promised land? Possibly but there is no certainty.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
                          Your density once again shines briliantly in this post...

He didn't say 3500 for one player, but as a team.

My density? Where did I say Vernon Davis would get 3500? You sure that didn't mean 2500? He certainly isn't going to make up Smith's difference by himself. You didn't consider Smith's portion before you blindly responded again, didn't you?

It's ok, english is a tough language.

With Smith getting his, and lelie likely on his way out, VD, Charlie Adams, David Terrell, Darius Watts, and other incumbants will fill in the rest of 2500+ yards?

I think not.

Last edited by silkamilkamonic; 04-25-2006, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dbjeff
                            Yes, but many QBs have passed for 4000 yards.

Yeah.

The ones with more then 2 recieving options.

Denver has 2 right now, with one of them on his way out.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                              For that matter Silk there isn't any one player out there that can assure us of a Super Bowl win in the real world. No such player exsists.
                              Exactly my point.

Why mortgage a good portion of our draft, also leaving the real hole on our team which is a pass rusher, for one guy who isn't going to make a difference anyways.

VD could be a top TE in 3 years or so. By that time our window would have closed, and we will be rebuilding.

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                              IF (and tha is a big if) we got VD could be a difference maker in the offense and help the Broncos get to the promised land? Possibly but there is no certainty.

Actually, the majority of the "VD fanclub" argues differently. And that's why it consists mainly of teenyboppers.

Comment

Working...
                              X