Walker's Contract Demands Make Trading Him A Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rcsodak
    True, mtn, Asshley DID have 1 good season...

....but don't you think he should have followed it up with at least AS GOOD of year, instead of regressing?

And don't you dare come back with that "it's Jake's fault". You CAN'T prove that and you know it!

For all we know, Asshley simply rested on his laurels of one good season, and thought he could coast the rest of his career.

You simply cannot say he is a good route runner, honestly.
    He has trouble getting off the line. If he gets bumped early, he's like a fish out of water....he simply can't get going again.
    He can't fake out cb's. Maybe it's his long stride......it might just take too much for him to stop/start.

I still remember Rod saying Asshley COULD wipe out all of his records, IF he devoted himself.

I just haven't seen that devotion........
    Why were his numbers down? Let's ask his former OC....

Gary Kubiak claimed Wednesday that Lelie has "learned a role and fit into it" better than he has, even though Lelie's 40 catches for 751 yards and one touchdown perhaps suggest otherwise.

"If I told you I think this half of the season he's played as well as he's played for us in his career, it might be hard to understand. But he really has," Kubiak said. "Go back to Buffalo and really study the film.

" The kid makes two great blocks that we score on. He's become a complete player. And the last few weeks, he's really opened things up. I don't just go off numbers. I go off how he plays in every phase of the game. And the thing I like right now is, his confidence is really high as we go into the playoffs."

Seems it was good enough for the coaches.

As Kubes says, numbers don't tell the whole story.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
      Why were his numbers down? Let's ask his former OC....

Gary Kubiak claimed Wednesday that Lelie has "learned a role and fit into it" better than he has, even though Lelie's 40 catches for 751 yards and one touchdown perhaps suggest otherwise.

"If I told you I think this half of the season he's played as well as he's played for us in his career, it might be hard to understand. But he really has," Kubiak said. "Go back to Buffalo and really study the film.

" The kid makes two great blocks that we score on. He's become a complete player. And the last few weeks, he's really opened things up. I don't just go off numbers. I go off how he plays in every phase of the game. And the thing I like right now is, his confidence is really high as we go into the playoffs."

Seems it was good enough for the coaches.

As Kubes says, numbers don't tell the whole story.
      If you notice Kube is no longer with the Broncos. The person that is doing the trading is Mike Shanahan and Ted Sundquist who are with the Broncos. Nothing good about Ashley is coming out of Dove Valley at this time.... So whose word or actions are you going to take at this time regarding Ashley's future and his ability.

If you noticed Kube said half a season. That has been the problem with Ashley he has not been consistent and that is why they are looking to trade him.
      Last edited by broncos4ever; 04-27-2006, 10:17 PM.
      Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
        If you notice Kube is no longer with the Broncos. The person that is doing the trading is Mike Shanahan and Ted Sundquist who are with the Broncos. Nothing good about Ashley is coming out of Dove Valley at this time.... So whose word or actions are you going to take at this time regarding Ashley's future and his ability.

If you noticed Kube said half a season. That has been the problem with Ashley he has not been consistent and that is why they are looking to trade him.
        If you'll notice, the comment was made when Kubes was here. Just because he's left, doesn't invalidate the comment.

Secondly, he mentioned the second half of the season because that was our best half. He didn't say, "Lelie sucked in the first half, but only played in the second half."

Pretty weak.

My article directly addressed RCs question. Your comment addressed nothing.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
          If you'll notice, the comment was made when Kubes was here. Just because he's left, doesn't invalidate the comment.

Secondly, he mentioned the second half of the season because that was our best half. He didn't say, "Lelie sucked in the first half, but only played in the second half."

Pretty weak.

My article directly addressed RCs question. Your comment addressed nothing.
          Actually my comment still stands with Ashley being inconsistent is entire career with the Broncos. The last two years we have finally seen something from Ashley. Last year though he was not consistent, otherwise Kubiak would have mentioned that he was all year not just half the year. Rod is always consistent and that is why he is #1.
          Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

Comment

Originally posted by broncos4ever
            Actually my comment still stands with Ashley being inconsistent is entire career with the Broncos. The last two years we have finally seen something from Ashley. Last year though he was not consistent, otherwise Kubiak would have mentioned that he was all year not just half the year. Rod is always consistent and that is why he is #1.
            Whatever makes you feel better....

Now, back to the topic...

Walker wants too much.

Don't sign him based on ONE season of success (and that was TWO seasons ago).

Don't sign him with an injury that could affect him the rest of his career.

Don't sign him - he's a jerk (funny... Lelie is a jerk for wanting more, but Walker is the next Jerry Rice).
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X