The Javon Walker Thread (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Javon Walker Thread (merged)

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Javon Walker has received permission from the team to explore trade opportunities and a deal is expected before this weekend's NFL draft, league sources with direct knowledge of the situation said.

Walker

Walker is visiting the New Orleans Saints on Thursday and is scheduled to visit the Denver Broncos on Friday.

The Packers are also engaging in trade talks with the Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles but conversations aren't as far along as they are with the Saints and Broncos. Walker does not have any visits scheduled beyond the Saints and Broncos.

Walker, who underwent surgery in October on his right knee's injured anterior cruciate ligament, expects to be ready to go by training camp -- just not with the Packers, he hopes.

Unlike last year when he drew the ire of Brett Favre among others, he promises not to be a disruption, because he doesn't plan to show up at all for training camp.

"If I had to go back there, I'd retire," he told ESPN.com last month. "I don't have to play."

General manager Ted Thompson has said he expects Walker to honor his contract.

"I've spoken with Javon over the course of the spring," Thompson said. "I think I'll let the original statement that we put out stand there. I know that things get said from time to time and I think the less said on something like that, the better."

Thompson did say that he and the team would welcome Walker back.

"I would," Thompson said. "I'm sure the team would. He's very well liked here. I assume you guys would agree with me."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2423722
    sigpic

i have one question....why are we always the last team they visit?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenBronx
      i have one question....why are we always the last team they visit?
      Save the best for last...
      fight u dwn the fied..cu must win.. fight fight fr Victoy..cu knows no defet! so roll up the mighty score, Never Give in!!...shouler to shulder we will FIGHT..FIGHT ... FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!

Comment

Because I think a lot of them see Denver as "in the middle of nowhere" (which, the case could be made that it is in fact in the middle of nowhere...is there any other stadium in the league that is 900+ miles from it's nearest counterpart?). Most of those guys couldn't find Colorado on a map and only know that it's "one of those big, square states somewhere in the middle of the country."

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
          Because I think a lot of them see Denver as "in the middle of nowhere" (which, the case could be made that it is in fact in the middle of nowhere...is there any other stadium in the league that is 900+ miles from it's nearest counterpart?). Most of those guys couldn't find Colorado on a map and only know that it's "one of those big, square states somewhere in the middle of the country."
          Which is funny, because I have a much harder time telling apart all those tiny little states that are all scrunched together with nonsensical lines making up their borders.

Comment

I'd like to get Walker but once again not loose Lelie.

Walker is good and I doubt has reached his prime. Well see what happens and hope for the best.
            MMA News
            MMA News 247

Comment

With any luck, he'll be more excited about catching passes from Drew Brees than he will from St. Jake.

NO can have him.
              sigpic

Comment

What a load of bull that is. How can people be so ignorant.

I have never had a chance to live in Colorado but I think it is the most beautiful place on earth. I went to college at New Mexico and would love to visit Colorado every other weekend. I have lived in Asia too and have never seen such majestic mountains and such beautiful forests.

I have been trying to find a job in Denver for so long but have never been successful. I can't believe someone would get a multi-million dollar job in Denver, have a chance to win a Superbowl and be famous, and they would turn it down.....
                [A HREF = 'http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/...williamsxt5.jpg'][/A]

Comment

great news that walker is visiting denver om friday. hopefully that will b his last stop. i don't see why he would pick new orleans over denver anyways.. jake vs bress no competition..

Comment

Originally posted by LordTrychon
                    Which is funny, because I have a much harder time telling apart all those tiny little states that are all scrunched together with nonsensical lines making up their borders.

LT, tsk tsk tsk.

Those borders are almost all geographically based.

Or are you saying your vision is going?

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                    You should check these guys out

Comment

I live in Milwaukee, and they just announced on the local sports talk station that Green Bay would definitely want Stallworth or Lelie in any deal for Walker because now Donald Driver is demanding to be traded or released. Seems he's only due to make 1.5 mil/year for the next two years and would like his contract redone. Thompson is refusing to renegotiate it, so now both starting receivers for Green Bay are demanding to be traded. What was Favre thinking when he announed he was coming back? I sure hope we get Walker.
                      Lway

Comment

I don't know Perry. There are several things that would be appealing to coming to Denver. At the top of that list is winning. Now I'm not saying that having a winning organizations trumps everything but it is in our favor.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson said an ESPN report that the Packers have given WR Javon Walker permission to seek a trade is inaccurate. The Packers have given teams permission to visit with Walker, but Thompson said it was just a part of the process of fielding offers from other teams. Asked if the odds were that Walker would be traded, Thompson said, "No. I would not think the odds are in favor of that happening. We're just following up on things. I don't necessarily feel this will end in anything. We're going through the process." Thompson did not say that he wouldn't trade Walker, only that it was unlikely it would happen.

Comment

Unfortunately, this is probably accurate. They don't realize that Denver is a huge, liberal metropolis with one of the nation's top 5 night club scenes and beautiful, clean suburbs with enormous new homes for sale at relatively good prices. The fans are loud, passionate, and embrace their athletes. But because of its location, Colorado is still stereotyped by others as a hick/mountain man state with good skiing and Coors beer.
                            A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos1177
                              I live in Milwaukee, and they just announced on the local sports talk station that Green Bay would definitely want Stallworth or Lelie in any deal for Walker because now Donald Driver is demanding to be traded or released. Seems he's only due to make 1.5 mil/year for the next two years and would like his contract redone. Thompson is refusing to renegotiate it, so now both starting receivers for Green Bay are demanding to be traded. What was Favre thinking when he announed he was coming back? I sure hope we get Walker.
                              thanx 4 the info bro great news.

Comment

Working...
                              X