The Javon Walker Thread (merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MilitantDBFan
    Adam Schefter just reported that Javon is on a plane on the way to New England and will take physicals with BOTH the eagles and patriots in the morning.
    Does that mean the Broncos are out of the running? Or has he already taken a physical.

Comment

• wow, were not getting javon walker EITHER!!!!!!!! wow. im sooooooooo pissed.

Comment

• He said he has already taken physicals with both the broncos and saints and the knee is good. He should be ready for training camp. He said to expect a trade in the morning before the draft or during it. Looks like it is going to be another 18 hours before we know anything.

him doing last minute visits with the Eagles and Pats are not a good thing for those of you wanting him on the team. In terms of compensation NONE of the mentioned teams can really trump us in terms of a deal. But how much do you pay to get a damaged receiver.
        A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

• U dont even know how much frustration is inside me right now!!!!!!! lol., i dont know whats going to happen!!!!! lol

Comment

He said he has already taken physicals with both the broncos and saints and the knee is good. He should be ready for training camp. He said to expect a trade in the morning before the draft or during it. Looks like it is going to be another 18 hours before we know anything.

him doing last minute visits with the Eagles and Pats are not a good thing for those of you wanting him on the team. In terms of compensation NONE of the mentioned teams can really trump us in terms of a deal. But how much do you pay to get a damaged receiver.

Well unless the Eagles or Pats want to give up their first round picks, don't look for him to go to either team according to what the Pack wants. There is no way the eagles are going to give up their 14th...they want to move up.

Comment

He said he has already taken physicals with both the broncos and saints and the knee is good. He should be ready for training camp. He said to expect a trade in the morning before the draft or during it. Looks like it is going to be another 18 hours before we know anything.

Very good point about the damaged knee. I just dont agree with investing in a injured player. Especially one that hasnt consistantly set the league on fire. I just hope that the injury doesnt bother him and he continues to have a decent career.

Comment

• Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                Well unless the Eagles or Pats want to give up their first round picks, don't look for him to go to either team according to what the Pack wants. There is no way the eagles are going to give up their 14th...they want to move up.
                I think the Pack will be lucky to get a third. I think Ashley has more value than an injured player. So I hope that Shanny doesnt give up to much in a trade or salary.

Comment

• ahhh!!! I can't stand waiting 18 more hours!

Comment

• Originally posted by AussieBronco9
                    On another thread it has been reported by Clayton that Denver and Green Bay are in contract negotiations as we speak. Walker has cancelled his flight to New England because of this.

At the moment the deal being discussed is:

2nd Round Pick, Fourth Round Pick and a Player for Walker (maybe another pick because that seems a little steep from Denver's point of view).
                    Not according to NFL Network.

They just said that he is on his way to NE for a Sat visit, as well as Philly.

Rumors, rumors, rumors....
                    sigpic

Comment

• Lelie hasn't...

Originally posted by NBudris
                      Don't pick on him he just doesn't understand the concept

whos better between Lelie and Walker is debatable
                      ...missed 15 games recently (or anytime). This makes Lelie a much more valuable assett than Walker. NFL Network said Walker is worth a 4th round right now is all and that's all I'd give for him if that, but usually 4th round is much anyways...
                      Be jealous haters...I am the #1 Broncos fan no matter what your car tag says

Comment

• Originally posted by Crush_570
                        What is the difference in Walkers and Terrel Davis's knee injury that he coulnt come back from
                        Don't quote me on this...

Davis tore his ACL and partially tore his MCL. But there were reports that he had a degenerative arthritic knee condition in both knees that I believe was unrelated to his original knee injury in '99. (I'm not sure on the unrelated aspect but I'm pretty sure I read that.)

As for Walker, I believe he just had a regular old ACL tear. And he presumably would not have the degenerative knee conditions that Davis had.

That's my best recollection of the situation. But I'm sure somebody out there has more detailed info.
                        "You can't take the sky from me..."
                        ------
                        "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

• TD had a degenerative condition...

Javon just tore up his ACL.

Comment

• What is the difference between the two??

Comment

• Originally posted by P-NUT33
                              What is the difference between the two??
                              TD's knee was falling apart. Javon's knee is healing.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
                                How many has he won wasn't the question, was it?

There is no proof that Walker will be a success. He hasn't played in over a year, has only had ONE good season, and appears to think he deserves to be paid a ton of money based on these facts.

Nope, I don't want him.
                                weather or not he went to the uperbowl or not he didnt win it .. sooo..
                                The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                                While he sits by his hearth at home.
                                Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                                That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X