Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Javon Walker Thread (merged)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Soo TD was practially was tearing off.

    Comment


    • If it's a fair deal we will get him.

      If it isn't, we won't.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Superchop7
        If it's a fair deal we will get him.

        If it isn't, we won't.
        The only way it won't be fair is if Shanny gets the upper hand.

        That's happened before . . .

        -----

        Comment


        • Originally posted by P-NUT33
          Soo TD was practially was tearing off.
          No I mean he couldn't rehab his knee or correct the damage with surgery. His condition wouldn't allow his damaged knee to heal, basically...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
            Was Mike Anderson washed up? Why didn't he get a contract offer from the team that sees his abilities first hand?

            Players are cut for money reasons all the time. Brees wasn't interested in the incentive laden deal SD offered him. As a FA, he knew he could get more somewhere else.

            It's no mystery that SD is pretty tight when it comes to paying money to talent.



            I posted the "idiotic" word, because someone sent me a CP, stating that it was an idiotic post. It was directed at whoever did that. Not to you.

            One more thing, I don't hate St. Jake. I don't hate anyone. I don't care for him as my QB, but that does not elevate itself to the catagory of hatred.

            It's funny, how when people can't counter anything I say, they fall back on the old "hate" line.



            Funny, that's the way things used to be around here. We didn't have players wanting to go somewhere else to play. In fact, in Shanny's early days, players would come here for less money, just to play here.

            That doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

            Walker will go where the money is. He could care less about the winning. And if everything is equal, I hope he thinks playing with Brees is better than playing with St. Jake.



            To answer this question would be to hijack the thread. I'm not going to do it. If you want to know what I think in this area, there are thousands of posts on the subject. Look them up.



            Two things....

            1) I didn't ask you

            2) St. Jake and the playoffs are NOT the subject of this thread.
            1. Mike Anderson is a 33 year old RB. I don't think he is totally washed up (nor did I ever say anything about Anderson) but I believe his best days are behind him. Drew Brees is a 27 year-old QB coming off of 2 career years. I don't see how they compare.

            2. Yes, I understand you weren't talking to me about the CP. However I did misinterpret the meaning of what you wrote. I thought you meant one person called your post "idiotic" and someone else gave you a CP for it. My bad and my apologies.

            3. For someone who doesn't "hate" Jake you spend a lot of time directly and indirectly bashing him. (and by "hate" I don't mean hate him as a person but "hate" him as a QB......like you said "I don't care for him as my QB") The funniest part is that you are saying you won't hijak the thread but yet you always somehow find a way to take a shot at Plummer regardless of what the topic of the thread is. So again I apologize for using too strong of a word in "hate".

            4. Players would come here for less money in Shanny's early days? Do you mean Neil Smith? Who else? (I'm not being condescending, I'm seriously interested in other players that did.)

            If this is true, I'd also like to think that Elway had something to do with players wanting to play here. You can't fault Jake for not being John Elway.

            5. Are you Javon Walker? How do you know he doesn't care about winning? Sure money plays a huge part in where he will end up but if the money is the same why wouldn't you want to win?

            6. Two things:

            1) You didn't have to ask me. I can state my opinion whenever and however I choose.

            2) Jake and the playoffs aren't the topic of this thread but I'd really prefer not to search for your opinion. If you can't answer a simple question then that's fine. This thread is pretty much dead (and there are 300 other Walker threads anyways) so I'm not going to start a new thread for this.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by AMG
              1. Mike Anderson is a 33 year old RB. I don't think he is totally washed up (nor did I ever say anything about Anderson) but I believe his best days are behind him. Drew Brees is a 27 year-old QB coming off of 2 career years. I don't see how they compare.

              2. Yes, I understand you weren't talking to me about the CP. However I did misinterpret the meaning of what you wrote. I thought you meant one person called your post "idiotic" and someone else gave you a CP for it. My bad and my apologies.

              3. For someone who doesn't "hate" Jake you spend a lot of time directly and indirectly bashing him. (and by "hate" I don't mean hate him as a person but "hate" him as a QB......like you said "I don't care for him as my QB") The funniest part is that you are saying you won't hijak the thread but yet you always somehow find a way to take a shot at Plummer regardless of what the topic of the thread is. So again I apologize for using too strong of a word in "hate".

              4. Players would come here for less money in Shanny's early days? Do you mean Neil Smith? Who else? (I'm not being condescending, I'm seriously interested in other players that did.)

              If this is true, I'd also like to think that Elway had something to do with players wanting to play here. You can't fault Jake for not being John Elway.

              5. Are you Javon Walker? How do you know he doesn't care about winning? Sure money plays a huge part in where he will end up but if the money is the same why wouldn't you want to win?

              6. Two things:

              1) You didn't have to ask me. I can state my opinion whenever and however I choose.

              2) Jake and the playoffs aren't the topic of this thread but I'd really prefer not to search for your opinion. If you can't answer a simple question then that's fine. This thread is pretty much dead (and there are 300 other Walker threads anyways) so I'm not going to start a new thread for this.

              Comment


              • Walker is visiting the Patriots and Eagles in hopes of increasing his trade value. He's hoping the Broncos will panic a bit and bite on GB's excessive demands.

                Given Shanny's history of reverence, he probably will.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Javalon
                  Don't quote me on this...

                  Davis tore his ACL and partially tore his MCL. But there were reports that he had a degenerative arthritic knee condition in both knees that I believe was unrelated to his original knee injury in '99. (I'm not sure on the unrelated aspect but I'm pretty sure I read that.)

                  As for Walker, I believe he just had a regular old ACL tear. And he presumably would not have the degenerative knee conditions that Davis had.

                  That's my best recollection of the situation. But I'm sure somebody out there has more detailed info.
                  Thanks for the info!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Snk16
                    That is because Green Bay probably does not want Lelie anymore, LiquidBlue.



                    It still may be possible but the Pack have lost interest in Lelie.
                    Well I just realized, why wouldn't they take that? As of now they have no recievers. Donald Driver wants out as well as he is upset about some contract problem. And Walker obviously wants out.

                    I think it's funny. Favre comes out of retirement with no recievers to throw to.

                    Thanks to B4Bronco6 for the sig!
                    RB #22 Wisconsin Badgers
                    Know this above all else. This life is your only life. So while you live life, make the most of every second, minute and hour that you have. Time stops for no one. Don't stop for time. Seize the day.
                    -Kobe Bryant-

                    Comment


                    • Excuse me??

                      "Given Shanny's history of reverence, he probably will." Do you mind explaining yourself? A Pats fan whinning about Shannahan's player actions. Have you followed the circus this year and the draft last year? The Broncos have made several excellent decisions in drafting and free-agency.

                      Comment


                      • right? did you see any the games last year for GB, Man those receivers were doing horible. I mean even driver was droping everything. It seemed like every time brett nailed some one they didn't catch it (to ad next year aint going to be better).

                        They should consider anything right now, Lelie is a better WR then any one on eagles, pats etc.,

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by WorstTrollEver
                          Walker is visiting the Patriots and Eagles in hopes of increasing his trade value. He's hoping the Broncos will panic a bit and bite on GB's excessive demands.

                          Given Shanny's history of reverence, he probably will.
                          WHAT??? Mike is frugal when it comes to WR's man....it would be nice to see him step up for once...
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LiquidBlue
                            Well I just realized, why wouldn't they take that? As of now they have no recievers. Donald Driver wants out as well as he is upset about some contract problem. And Walker obviously wants out.

                            I think it's funny. Favre comes out of retirement with no recievers to throw to.
                            Driver has already publicly stated that he's not unhappy in Green Bay at all. It's also rumoured that ESPN got the Driver info from Walker's camp.

                            Comment


                            • Just read this on Profootballtalk.com (I apologize if it has already been posted)

                              WALKER GOES HOME

                              After trips to New Orleans and Denver, receiver Javon Walker is heading home.

                              Opting not to follow through on a visit to New England after the Broncos previously persuded him to delay his visit, Walker is (we're told) tired or traveling.

                              Meanwhile, we hear that the Saints, Broncos, and Pats are each offering up a second-round pick for Walker. Green Bay is still insisting on a first-rounder.

                              http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LiquidBlue
                                Well I just realized, why wouldn't they take that? As of now they have no recievers. Donald Driver wants out as well as he is upset about some contract problem. And Walker obviously wants out.

                                I think it's funny. Favre comes out of retirement with no recievers to throw to.
                                Favre hasn't come out of retirement....when did he ever RETIRE....did i miss a day on nfl.com?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X