Lelie Trade Rumors (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lelie Trade Rumors (Merged)

I just heard on NFL Network that Lelie may be gone in a within the next couple of weeks in a three way trade. The trade would net us a TE. Adam Schefter didn't say who the other teams were or what TE may be involved. So take it for what its worth.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Interesting. Schefter definitely has the inside scoop. Wonder who the TE could be.....

Comment

Originally posted by Orange_Crush21
      Interesting. Schefter definitely has the inside scoop. Wonder who the TE could be.....
      This may very well be why we let Duke go. I'm not saying its but atm it makes senes.

My apologies about the lack of detail but this is pretty much what Schefter said.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

That's good news. Hopefully we can get a good one. I think we need a good TE more than a good RB at least. btw the poster above me has no idea what the fu<k he is talking about
        Last edited by tommy1986; 08-10-2006, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Yo, I copied this response from Javalon's deleted thread...

Thank the Lord...

I've been desperate for some Lelie news lately.

...and no, there's no way we'll get Ben Watson for Lelie. Watson is the next "big thing" at TE. He was Vernon Davis in '04 without as much polish. He's a bad, bad man...

Daniel Graham...maybe. He'd be an upgrade over Alexander, for sure. It'd be sweet if we could sign him to an extension too.

Anyone else have any ideas as to who those TE's might be? I'll do some researchin' later...

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
            This may very well be why we let Duke go. I'm not saying its but atm it makes senes.

My apologies about the lack of detail but this is pretty much what Schefter said.
            You beat me to the post, TX.

I think Duke was really let go because of his injury. But this switch from asking for a running back to now asking for a tight end makes me think that maybe the Broncos were actually counting more on Duke than we realized.

Also, considering we were asking for a 1st rounder before, I wonder if that means the Broncos' are actually demanding a quality tight end.

The Patsies had a couple of good tight ends already but drafted tight ends in the 3rd and 4th rounds this year. I wonder if there's any chance we could be looking at Ben Watson. Otherwise, I'm not sure what tight end we'd be targeting that would be the equivalent of, or even close to, the 1st round pick they were demanding.

It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.
            "You can't take the sky from me..."
            ------
            "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Eric Johnson may be a possibility as well...

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                Schefter didn't even hint at what other teams may be involved in this trade or what TE Denver is looking at. I like Ashley but a trade nets us a quality TE I can live with that.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Duke was released because he reinjured his knee

Comment

Heh, sorry about deleting that thread but I didn't think we needed duplicates. I didn't see your response before I deleted it.

As for Watson versus Graham, I was thinking Watson simply because he'd be closer to the value the Broncos are demanding. I understand why Graham would be more logical but the Broncos are supposedly being pretty stubborn about this.

I don't know who else might be a good candidate.
                    ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                      Heh, sorry about deleting that thread but I didn't think we needed duplicates. I didn't see your response before I deleted it.

As for Watson versus Graham, I was thinking Watson simply because he'd be closer to the value the Broncos are demanding. I understand why Graham would be more logical but the Broncos are supposedly being pretty stubborn about this.

I don't know who else might be a good candidate.
                      Let's just say I'll probably have a very surprised look on my face if we can swing a deal that would land us a TE with even half the ability and potential as Watson.

Graham was a first rounder too back in '01 or '02 (not sure which year). He seems like a nice all around player...

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                        You beat me to the post, TX.

I think Duke was really let go because of his injury. But this switch from asking for a running back to now asking for a tight end makes me think that maybe the Broncos were actually counting more on Duke than we realized.

Also, considering we were asking for a 1st rounder before, I wonder if that means the Broncos' are actually demanding a quality tight end.

The Patsies had a couple of good tight ends already but drafted tight ends in the 3rd and 4th rounds this year. I wonder if there's any chance we could be looking at Ben Watson. Otherwise, I'm not sure what tight end we'd be targeting that would be the equivalent of, or even close to, the 1st round pick they were demanding.

It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.
                        Well this is a first, if anything mine should have probably been merged with yours leaving you as the author of the thread. Your name with a thread is has credibility.

Anyway, I didn't know that Duke got hurt. What happened to him?

This should be interesting. I just hope this isn't a flash in the pan rumor. We could sure use something that will juice this MB up in a positive way.

Thanks Snk16

Comment

A deal for Graham would be great. He's a solid player.

Comment

Well this is a first, if anything mine should have probably been merged with yours leaving you as the author of the thread. Your name with a thread is has credibility.

Anyway, I didn't know that Duke got hurt. What happened to him?

This should be interesting. I just hope this isn't a flash in the pan rumor. We could sure use something that will juice this MB up in a positive way.
                            Duke's knee is messed up...though they didn't say anything specific.

Comment

Let's just say I'll probably have a very surprised look on my face if we can swing a deal that would land us a TE with even half the ability and potential as Watson.

Graham was a first rounder too back in '01 or '02 (not sure which year). He seems like a nice all around player...
                              True. Although looking at his stats page it would appear he hasn't stayed healthy for an entire season yet. He wouldn't be bad but I just don't think he's as valuable as what the Broncos are hoping to get.
                              ------

Comment

Working...
                              X