Lelie Trade Rumors (Merged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hemster2
    Did we really just trade Lelie for a third round draft pick???? Thats all Im finding. Im glad we got rid of him, but a third round pick????? Please tell me Im missing something here.
    There are various reports. It could have been a third round pick only, or it could have been a third plus either swapping the Broncos and Washingtons first round picks if the Broncos have a better record than Washington, or possibly a third and fourth round pick.

At this point, it isn't clear exactly what the Broncos will get.

However, there was never really any chance we were going to get much more than a 3rd round pick for Lelie. Think about it, we gave a 2nd round pick for Walker, who has developed into a better receiver than Lelie, even though they were both first round picks in 2002.
    The human body has two ends on it: one to create with and one to sit on. Sometimes people get their ends reversed. When this happens they need a kick in the seat of the pants. --- Theodore Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

• Tned, I recently posted an article with my thoughts. I think the new DP article clears up some of the trade doubts and confusion. Check it, dawg.

Comment

• Originally posted by hemster2
        Did we really just trade Lelie for a third round draft pick???? Thats all Im finding. Im glad we got rid of him, but a third round pick????? Please tell me Im missing something here.
        Yes we did. Well yeah you're missing something. First off depending on how the Redskins finish this year we could also get their number one pick.

If Washington tanks this year and ends up with a higher first round pick we automatically trade draft postions with them. If they end up in the playoffs this year then we get the third and a fourth from them. Either way we get two draft picks in next year's draft.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

• Here is what the Denver post says about the specifics...(this is just a portion of the article)...

In a complicated deal involving three teams Tuesday night, the Broncos traded their disgruntled wide receiver to Atlanta. The Falcons sent running back T.J. Duckett to Washington. The Redskins, in turn, will send what is the equivalent of a high third- round pick in the 2007 draft to the Broncos.

The exact compensation Denver receives will not be determined until after the season. There are four possibilities, based on the draft-value chart NFL teams use.

The scenarios are: The two teams exchange first-round picks, in which the Broncos would make a huge jump up the round; the teams flip-flop their first-rounders and the Broncos get a fourth-rounder in 2008; the teams flip-flop their first-rounders and the Broncos get a third- rounder next year; or the Broncos get a third-rounder in 2007 and a fourth-rounder in 2008.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_4222540

It looks like we at least get a third (2007) and fourth (2008). At best, Denver gets to move up in the first round and still get the extra third pick. So two picks for Lelie. Shanahan puts Washington over the barrel once again. Haha.

Man, Dan Snyder is giving Al Davis a run for his money on being the dumbest owner in the NFL. :idiot:

One note...this trade has not been approved by the league yet. Nor has Lelie or Duckett passed physicals. So it isn't final yet.
          Last edited by LDB; 08-23-2006, 06:06 AM.
          Patriotic dissent is a luxury of those protected by better men than they.

Comment

Working...
          X