Block buster trade idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

I disagree, if you have that prominent of a role on a team and feel strongly enough about what you want around you...you should be heard. I think a wisely run organization would have at least asked his input, but that's just me. Just say "we are looking at this person and that person, this is this persons view, this is that person's view... Which do you like?" ..... Not that hard
    It’s not his job to be a part of those decisions.

The team is absolutely not wrong for not consulting him.

If they were to do it, okay. I wouldn’t agree with it, but it would be their choice.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• I wish folks didn't get my hopes up. Landing Watson would bring large tears to my eyes.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
        I wish folks didn't get my hopes up. Landing Watson would bring large tears to my eyes.

You wouldn't be the only one

Comment

You wouldn't be the only one
          Me too boys...me too.
          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

It’s not his job to be a part of those decisions.

The team is absolutely not wrong for not consulting him.

If they were to do it, okay. I wouldn’t agree with it, but it would be their choice.
            This is a strange stance to take, it isn’t uncommon for top QBs to hold some say in the personnel on the team. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers have all had their say in roster decisions. I mean John Elway himself forced a trade because he didn’t want to play for Frank Kush and Bob Irsay.

Coming off the debacle that was O’Brien they could do much worse than listening to what their star QB has to say and apparently not only did they not listen to his suggestions but they ignored a firm they paid money too as well. Bob McNair once faced a lot of backlash over saying teams can’t let the inmates run the asylum in response to the anthem protests, Cal McNair is his son and is only reinforcing his father’s statement and I imagine Watson is feeling like his ownership is racist.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

This is a strange stance to take, it isn’t uncommon for top QBs to hold some say in the personnel on the team. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers have all had their say in roster decisions. I mean John Elway himself forced a trade because he didn’t want to play for Frank Kush and Bob Irsay.

Coming off the debacle that was O’Brien they could do much worse than listening to what their star QB has to say and apparently not only did they not listen to his suggestions but they ignored a firm they paid money too as well. Bob McNair once faced a lot of backlash over saying teams can’t let the inmates run the asylum in response to the anthem protests, Cal McNair is his son and is only reinforcing his father’s statement and I imagine Watson is feeling like his ownership is racist.
              Agreed. If folks think that your star players, especially QBs, should have no say in their team's decisions, I hate to be so bold......but they usually do have a say. If you love your QB, and that QB costs you a pretty penny, you listen at very least. You do not have to concur, or even change any decisions. But you better appease them with some solid logic. Qbs in particular are field generals, and as such, typically see things very astutely. They know what's clicking. And the more you support their views, for constructively good reason, the more happy they are and more intense on winning they will become.

I am quite sure that most of the top tier QBs understand reason. They may not get what they want, but they will appreciate being heard and given justification thereof. Not every QB, but most.

And I don't blame Watson if unhappy. His organization was trending upward. He was on course to be as good as he can be, which is MVP altitude. He had one of the very best weapons in the game. After some questionable moves, Houston not only lost Hopkins, but due to one thing or another and another trade, they just handed Miami the #3 overall pick as well as the #36 pick. Why? Because they are a poor team. Last year they were a good team.

It is commonplace in organizations, whether sports or otherwise, when key members of the company are solicited for feedback. They have earned it. They are the future. They are a positive reason for success. And if you leave them out of key decisions, it may bother them, and that's not how you want them to execute their role.

Comment

There’s nothing strange about my stance and you’re talking about different situations.

Bob McNair misspoke and used the word prison.

It’s one thing to have opinions on roster moves. It’s another to get pissy because the team isn’t including you in the decisions about personnel decisions, including the GM hire.

Rodgers doesn’t really have input. He just pouts on social media when they draft a quarterback instead of a wide receiver. He doesn’t then let be known that he would accept a trade to Miami like Watson has.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

There’s nothing strange about my stance and you’re talking about different situations.

It’s one thing to have opinions on roster moves. It’s another to get pissy because the team isn’t including you in the decisions about personnel decisions, including the GM hire.

Rodgers doesn’t really have input. He just pouts on social media when they draft a quarterback instead of a wide receiver. He doesn’t then let be known that he would accept a trade to Miami like Watson has.
                  Here are just some of the decisions that have happened while Watson has been with the Texans.

Duane Brown and a 5th round pick traded for a 3rd round pick and a 2nd round pick the next season.

Jadeveon Clowney traded for Barkevious Mingo, Jacob Martin, and a 3rd round pick.

DeAndre Hopkins and a 4th round pick traded for David Johnson, a 2nd round pick, and a 4th round pick next year.

Julien Davenport, a 1st round pick, another 1st round pick, and a 2nd round pick for Tunsil, Stills, and a 4th round pick.

Signed Matt Kalil to a near 8 million dollar contract and he never played a snap for them which is why they gave up so much for Tunsil who has been no where near worth what they gave up. And they only signed Kalil because they alienated Brown and traded him for peanuts.

These are just some of the more memorable moves that has happened. Cal McNair has had a say in all of these moves. Watson absolutely has a right to want to be involved in who will be trying to rebuild the Texans who have become a laughing stock. He couldn’t be any worse than what they’ve been doing. And now Cal McNair in the process of alienating his franchise QB, the only guy who has been able to keep this team treading water and the guy they also gave a no trade clause to so they won’t even be able to get appropriate value for him.

Comment

• "One of the biggest grievances in Watson's mental war chest lies in how the team told him they'd include him in discussions on the hiring of the club's next general manager and, ultimately, who the next head coach will be, but it appears they reneged on that promise when they hired Nick Caserio in January

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...er-report/amp/

Glen Haven Fire

Comment

just to clarify...theres that word again. he claims he didnt say that in reference to players. The phrase is correct and the term "prison" wasnt mistakenly said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...running-prison
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• The talk of frustration continues and now I'm hearing Watson is willing to hold out!! Also, bad for us or any other team is the Dolphins are the team that Deshaun pinpointed....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...iloa-to-texans

Comment

The talk of frustration continues and now I'm hearing Watson is willing to hold out!! Also, bad for us or any other team is the Dolphins are the team that Deshaun pinpointed....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...iloa-to-texans
                          I don't think anyone could compete with the Dolphins if they're interested in this.

Tua would be perfect for the cap-strapped Texans. Miami has plenty of space to absorb Watson's contract. Would probably be a straight-up trade. Or maybe a 2nd thrown in.

And what a perfect situation for Watson. Young team on the rise. Awesome coach. Tons of draft capital and cap space.

Poor Tua though if this happens

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post

I don't think anyone could compete with the Dolphins if they're interested in this.

Tua would be perfect for the cap-strapped Texans. Miami has plenty of space to absorb Watson's contract. Would probably be a straight-up trade. Or maybe a 2nd thrown in.

And what a perfect situation for Watson. Young team on the rise. Awesome coach. Tons of draft capital and cap space.

Poor Tua though if this happens
                            There is no way that is just a straight up trade, imo, Miami would definitely have to give up that #3 overall pick too...if not more. If Jamal Adams goes for 2 first round picks, a superstar QB like Watson will be a lot

Comment

• You might be right.

There's a lot of factors in play here:
                              • If Watson is publicly demanding a trade and threatening to hold out this will lower the price
                              • Houston is way over the cap and doesn't have a lot of wiggle room to maneuver
                              • Watson has a no-trade clause so he has to approve the trade
                              • Watson has identified Miami as a trade destination he'd like
                              • Not many teams have a QB Houston wants that is still on rookie contract

If I was Miami I'd start with Tua and a 2nd for Watson, and I'd let it leak. This would get Watson excited, and likely get him applying pressure from his end.

You can always start layering in more to get a deal if others are raising the stakes, or if Houston holds tight.

They're a pretty weak organization, so I'd start small.

Comment

Here are just some of the decisions that have happened while Watson has been with the Texans.

Duane Brown and a 5th round pick traded for a 3rd round pick and a 2nd round pick the next season.

Jadeveon Clowney traded for Barkevious Mingo, Jacob Martin, and a 3rd round pick.

DeAndre Hopkins and a 4th round pick traded for David Johnson, a 2nd round pick, and a 4th round pick next year.

Julien Davenport, a 1st round pick, another 1st round pick, and a 2nd round pick for Tunsil, Stills, and a 4th round pick.

Signed Matt Kalil to a near 8 million dollar contract and he never played a snap for them which is why they gave up so much for Tunsil who has been no where near worth what they gave up. And they only signed Kalil because they alienated Brown and traded him for peanuts.

These are just some of the more memorable moves that has happened. Cal McNair has had a say in all of these moves. Watson absolutely has a right to want to be involved in who will be trying to rebuild the Texans who have become a laughing stock. He couldn’t be any worse than what they’ve been doing. And now Cal McNair in the process of alienating his franchise QB, the only guy who has been able to keep this team treading water and the guy they also gave a no trade clause to so they won’t even be able to get appropriate value for him.
                                Watson has the right to want. He does not have the right to expect.
                                You Mad Bro?
                                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X