Block buster trade idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

But you want someone like Ryan over watson. When everyone knows Henry is the reason he is there. Watson has no line, no run game and battles to get then in the playoffs. They def sucks a qb can only do so much. To even think of putting Jake plumber in the same sentence as watson shows me a lot. He had them up in the playoffs over kc by like 20 pts the def loss that game....you clearly don't watch watson. You go look at stats online and pass judgment. With the exception of small handful of teams watson will start on almost all of them and that says a lot.

Sorry completely disagred. Outside of Elway if watson was here he would be the best qb denver ever seen..
    watson in his last three seasons as full time starter

12,840 yards, 85 tds, 28 ints....pretty good
    sigpic
    when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

• how many star players (im sure theres plenty of no star players too) does it take to tell anyone that its just a bad organization?

deandre hopkins....check
      jj watt.....check
      watson.....check

and now andre johnson (who is on the committee the texans hired) comes out and tells watson to do whats best for him and that the texans have wasted a ton of players careers (paraphrasing).

i honestly forgot about johnson. watson probably figured that nothing was gonna change when they hired another person associated with new england (other than o brien). im honestly not for players bringing in house laundry out in the open but if the organization lied to him, he probably feels like he has no other options
      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• I want Watson!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          I want Watson!!!!
          like youve never wanted a watson before?

ibm watson
          or deshaun watson

just want to clarify
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

like youve never wanted a watson before?

ibm watson
            or deshaun watson

just want to clarify
            Haha.....new year's resolution: Be more specific.

Comment

• For anyone who thinks franchise QBs do not have a right to speak up, here's what Russ Wilson said about the hiring of their next OC:

"The next 10 years are super critical for everyone involved. It's vital. Critical that I'm a part of that process. Coach [Pete Carroll] and I have talked about it, great dialogue about the thought process who we want," he said, per KCPQ Seattle.

Wilson continued, "Imperative to my career as well. And as far as I want to go. Super excited to be in the mix of that conversation."

No doubt he will.

Comment

• https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-anytime-soon

Deshaun is getting more and more frustrated/disgusted with Houston. I know Denver is a long shot and may not even be an option but I just can't stop myself from enjoying the thought of this man wearing orange and blue 🤣

Comment

• Lock and Lindsay
                  2021 1st
                  2021 2nd
                  2022 1st
                  2023 1st

I can dream
                  I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
                  I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
                  I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
                  "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
                  God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
                  Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
                    Lock and Lindsay
                    2021 1st
                    2021 2nd
                    2022 1st
                    2023 1st

I can dream
                    Send it to Houston with a bow on it
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by andrewmlb View Post
                      Lock and Lindsay
                      2021 1st
                      2021 2nd
                      2022 1st
                      2023 1st

I can dream
                      Probably wouldn't even cost that many 1st. Could make it a 2nd or 3rd in 22, 2nd in 2033. They have David and Duke Johnson. Both are solid backs, so maybe that's why you chose 3 first, to give them a reason to take Lindsay.
                      sigpic
                      Adopted Broncos:
                      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• Let him go to Miami.
                        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• My guess at this point....is with Von Miller in legal trouble, his name will be mentioned a lot more in trade scenarios.
                          New England Patriots GM

Comment

• If Lock had a decent mentor and worked his but off he could be an established starter next season. Rather spend the money on linemen but focus on Dline in free agency Oline/ corner in draft. If Cush doesn't improve and Risner plays like this past season we are in trouble in the interior Oline.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post
                              If Lock had a decent mentor and worked his but off he could be an established starter next season. Rather spend the money on linemen but focus on Dline in free agency Oline/ corner in draft. If Cush doesn't improve and Risner plays like this past season we are in trouble in the interior Oline.
                              Lock is not the first qb to have trouble.....I just don't feel he showed enough for us not to turn over ever stone for a qb....next year it will just be more excuses.
                              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Teams calling Texans about Deshaun Watson's availability; could Panthers be suitor for QB? (nfl.com)

Though this is just speculation, I sure wish I heard our name in the potential running!!

Deshaun Watson is not happy in Houston. Like with all disgruntled stars, the QB's discontent has led to rampant speculation that he could force a trade from the Texans.

The reports that Watson wants out have led other clubs to enquire about said availability.

To get the facts out of the way first before we delve into theory crafting: No one in Houston, including owner Cal McNair, has suggested they'd trade Watson; and the QB hasn't officially requested a trade.

Those two facts won't do anything to slow speculation.

If Watson chooses to force the issue in the coming months, there should be no shortage of suitors. Outside a handful of teams -- Kansas City, Green Bay, Buffalo, Seattle, L.A. Chargers, etc. – every club should consider the possibility of acquiring Watson. With a no-trade clause in his contract, the QB could dictate his destination if he chooses. Still, at the very least, most teams should do their due diligence and at least make a call to new GM Nick Caserio. Make the Texans say no.

Some teams are obvious landing spots.

The Miami Dolphins have a plethora of draft picks to offer Houston, including the Texans' own No. 3 overall selection. Watson would be a clear upgrade over Tua Tagovailoa at this stage.

The New York Jets could be another logical trade partner, given they own the No. 2 overall pick, which would allow Houston to select a rookie QB to start over with or add Sam Darnold to the package.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport added another potential candidate to the rumor mill: the Carolina Panthers.

"I would not discount the Carolina Panthers in this situation," Rapoport said Monday on NFL Network's Good Morning Football. "They have the eighth pick, so obviously not as high as, say, the Jets or Dolphins, but that is also a team that needs very badly to solve its quarterback issues. And (has) an owner who is not afraid to make big bold moves."

With Teddy Bridgewater under contract for another year, the Panthers have already begun the search for a long-term solution at QB. Matt Rhule has stuck by Bridgewater, but landing Watson would be a game-changer for a club like Carolina. Panthers owner David Tepper isn't one likely to shy away from the high price-tag Watson would cost.

At the moment, we're living in Speculation Township.

Watson is unhappy he wasn't involved in Houston's management decisions. He's not the first player to experience such dismissal. Whether he holds the club's feet to the fire by withholding his services -- and all that comes along with such a holdout -- remains to be seen. And whether the Texans would decide to move on from their franchise QB also remains a huge question.

Until we know one way or another, rumors will continue to swirl. Every team with QB questions should be calling Houston. Game-changing quarterbacks in their prime like Watson never become available.

Per the underlined...."should be calling Houston". If we have any thoughts about the situation, I think we should get in line. It may be worth a serious look.
                                Last edited by CanDB; 01-18-2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X