No announcement yet.

Block buster trade idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if it makes you feel better Can we have the 4th best odds at 5 to1 to land him according to some.
    Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• Trade Von and some picks to Houston for Watson!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
        Trade Von and some picks to Houston for Watson!!!!
        I'm not a cap guy but I would have to think that the Texans are in some cap trouble and probably wouldn't be able to make that trade?? ​​​​​​

Comment

They absolutely need some defensive help and cap relief. I'm thinking if it's not Lock in the trade we should be looking at possibly sending AJ? Good LB and cheap

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

They absolutely need some defensive help and cap relief. I'm thinking if it's not Lock in the trade we should be looking at possibly sending AJ? Good LB and cheap
            Give them whoever they would want.

It would be good to get rid of Vons 19 million, and I'm sure they would like to get rid of the 39 million a year that they have to pay Watson.
            Watson is an exciting player to watch. I think it would be great to have a guy like him on the Broncos.

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post
              if it makes you feel better Can we have the 4th best odds at 5 to1 to land him according to some.
              So you're saying there's a chance.....

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

It would be good to get rid of Vons 19 million, and I'm sure they would like to get rid of the 39 million a year that they have to pay Watson.
                Watson is an exciting player to watch. I think it would be great to have a guy like him on the Broncos.
                If they want Von, and say Lock as well, along with our 1st and a 3rd, I say pull the trigger!! Use FA to fill any gaps, and start smiling! I might even offer a little bit more if the deal is close.
                Last edited by CanDB; 01-19-2021, 10:03 AM.

Comment

They can’t take on Von’s contract though. It’s going to cost them 5 mil just to trade Watson prior to June 1st. There already 20 mil over next years projected cap. If we want Watson we need to be prepared to give up Chubb and another good player on a rookie deal most likely Fant.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

They can’t take on Von’s contract though. It’s going to cost them 5 mil just to trade Watson prior to June 1st. There already 20 mil over next years projected cap. If we want Watson we need to be prepared to give up Chubb and another good player on a rookie deal most likely Fant.
                    Hopefully we would be able to trade Von for a decent pick to somebody?
                    Give Houston some draft picks for Watson?

Comment

Cmon Beast....lets make a deal!!! Like they say, a good deal can almost always be done if 2 parties have purpose and fairness. Say we gave them Chubb, how much more do we have to add in draft capital? Are we talking multiple firsts, or maybe just this year's and one or two lesser picks?

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Cmon Beast....lets make a deal!!! Like they say, a good deal can almost always be done if 2 parties have purpose and fairness. Say we gave them Chubb, how much more do we have to add in draft capital? Are we talking multiple firsts, or maybe just this year's and one or two lesser picks?
                        I’d say Chubb, Fant, Lock, 2 firsts, a 2nd, and a 3rd or 4th is a minimum to get a deal done. Maybe sub Risner in for Fant since Muti seems capable. And I’d be perfectly ok with that trade. Even though we give up Chubb we still have Von pending this investigation (probably throws a huge wrench in this whole plan) and behind Fant we have AOK who is almost identical to Fant athletically. The picks would hurt but they aren’t backbreaking for what we’d be getting. Watson, Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler/Patrick, and AOK would be an incredible offense and can offset the defense that’ll need retooling.

It really depends on 2 things. First one being how do they value Watson. He’s arguably the best young QB in the NFL, personally I’d rate him higher than Mahomes just because I think Watson has done just as much with much less talent around him. Secondly, how much are they trying to recoup from numerous bad trades made in the past. And I guess maybe a third in how they view trading within the conference. They may take less from San Francisco just because they’re in the NFC which I think talent wise, they’re the only team that could give Watson the skill players he’d want. Although I think almost every team should be calling and trying to get Watson save for the Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, and maybe the Seahawks. If I’m the Cardinals or the Browns I’d definitely be willing to give up Murray/Mayfield for Watson and that’s something we can’t really compete with in a trade despite my faith in Lock.

Edit: Although Chubb might not even be that valuable to them considering they’d have to immediately decide whether to pick up his 5th year option and pay out big money very soon.
                        Last edited by beastlyskronk; 01-19-2021, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I’d say Chubb, Fant, Lock, 2 firsts, a 2nd, and a 3rd or 4th is a minimum to get a deal done. Maybe sub Risner in for Fant since Muti seems capable. And I’d be perfectly ok with that trade. Even though we give up Chubb we still have Von pending this investigation (probably throws a huge wrench in this whole plan) and behind Fant we have AOK who is almost identical to Fant athletically. The picks would hurt but they aren’t backbreaking for what we’d be getting. Watson, Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler/Patrick, and AOK would be an incredible offense and can offset the defense that’ll need retooling.

It really depends on 2 things. First one being how do they value Watson. He’s arguably the best young QB in the NFL, personally I’d rate him higher than Mahomes just because I think Watson has done just as much with much less talent around him. Secondly, how much are they trying to recoup from numerous bad trades made in the past. And I guess maybe a third in how they view trading within the conference. They may take less from San Francisco just because they’re in the NFC which I think talent wise, they’re the only team that could give Watson the skill players he’d want. Although I think almost every team should be calling and trying to get Watson save for the Bills, Chiefs, Ravens, and maybe the Seahawks. If I’m the Cardinals or the Browns I’d definitely be willing to give up Murray/Mayfield for Watson and that’s something we can’t really compete with in a trade despite my faith in Lock.

Edit: Although Chubb might not even be that valuable to them considering they’d have to immediately decide whether to pick up his 5th year option and pay out big money very soon.
                          I think that's rich beast, especially if you start talking Risner. Chubb, Fant, Lock and our 1st, but hopefully no more firsts. maybe 2 2nds, or hopefully a little less.

However, if as you say a lot of other teams want in, and there will be competition no doubt, I might be a little more generous.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I think that's rich beast, especially if you start talking Risner. Chubb, Fant, Lock and our 1st, but hopefully no more firsts. maybe 2 2nds, or hopefully a little less.

However, if as you say a lot of other teams want in, and there will be competition no doubt, I might be a little more generous.
                            It’s rich but worth it, we haven’t had a long term franchise QB since Elway retired. So what 22 seasons? It took the Bills around the same amount of time once Kelly retired, the Dolphins still may not have found their heir to Marino, the Chiefs finally drafted their first franchise QB ever in Mahomes. It takes awhile to get these things right so why not get a sure thing? I think sacrificing 2 1st round picks is worth it for a QB that is going to be the cornerstone for the next decade or so. And even with the players added, there’s still a solid foundation in place. If Paton is the talent evaluator he’s hyped up to be, then it should be an easy decision. Plus you have some wiggle room in that maybe a team would rather just trade for Casey, Bouye, Von, Patrick, etc to guarantee they get their guy and that in addition to whatever compensatory picks we receive from Wolfe/Harris can help offset losing those early picks.

Comment

It’s rich but worth it, we haven’t had a long term franchise QB since Elway retired. So what 22 seasons? It took the Bills around the same amount of time once Kelly retired, the Dolphins still may not have found their heir to Marino, the Chiefs finally drafted their first franchise QB ever in Mahomes. It takes awhile to get these things right so why not get a sure thing? I think sacrificing 2 1st round picks is worth it for a QB that is going to be the cornerstone for the next decade or so. And even with the players added, there’s still a solid foundation in place. If Paton is the talent evaluator he’s hyped up to be, then it should be an easy decision. Plus you have some wiggle room in that maybe a team would rather just trade for Casey, Bouye, Von, Patrick, etc to guarantee they get their guy and that in addition to whatever compensatory picks we receive from Wolfe/Harris can help offset losing those early picks.
                              You actually don't have to twist my arm too much. In fact, if someone told me that we could get Watson with a healthy offer, I'd be big on "healthy". Watson is in my books, a young stud. He is a great runner, but he has a better arm than most. As you say, if Paton has that ability, then you can soon forget some of the players mentioned as trade bait. Risner would be tough for me. But I'm good with Chubb, Fant and Lock, plus draft picks. Lock is questionable, Fant is good by not sure how good....Chubb needs to be replaced, either in FA or the draft. But if that trade went down, I'd be going almost all D in the offseason. Land a couple of Edge types, a CB and hopefully an ILB, for starters.

IF we landed Watson without giving up Risner, our O would be crazy good! We can find a steady TE if Fant goes. In Sutton, Jeudy, Patrick, Hamler, he'd be quite well supported, along with our backs. As I say, it's D time after that.
                              Last edited by CanDB; 01-19-2021, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Thats why we can't win....NO bold moves or trades since we traded Portis for champ baily....
                                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Working...
                                X