No announcement yet.

Block buster trade idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately the dolphins and Jets are in a better position to offer a more appealing package to the Texans. I speculate they would be more keen on receiving picks over players considering the horrible cap situation.

I think the only way we have a chance, is if Watson had the urge to come here and be with the young offensive weapons. That would have to happen, then the Texans would have to be willing to take what we have to offer. An aging pass rusher, a under achieving top 5 pick? 3 first rounders likely to be in the 20's? I know I'm probably being dramatic, sure maybe they would like Fant, or Sutton plus the 1sy rounders.

The sad reality (IMO), Miami seems like they are an ascending club, they can offer more... And I donr see any pictures of Watson in the mountains or plains. I see him on tropical beaches, and on Yachts lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diggs4 View Post
      Unfortunately the dolphins and Jets are in a better position to offer a more appealing package to the Texans. I speculate they would be more keen on receiving picks over players considering the horrible cap situation.

I think the only way we have a chance, is if Watson had the urge to come here and be with the young offensive weapons. That would have to happen, then the Texans would have to be willing to take what we have to offer. An aging pass rusher, a under achieving top 5 pick? 3 first rounders likely to be in the 20's? I know I'm probably being dramatic, sure maybe they would like Fant, or Sutton plus the 1sy rounders.

The sad reality (IMO), Miami seems like they are an ascending club, they can offer more... And I donr see any pictures of Watson in the mountains or plains. I see him on tropical beaches, and on Yachts lol.
      They might be in a better position but Deshaun has the ultimate say where he goes since he has a no trade claus in his contract. Imo, Denver is way more appealing than either of the 2. Broncos have built up on offense 2 straight years and are ready to explode....(if they have a capable QB)

Comment

• When you look at Watson's stats in 2020 alone, without Hopkins, he has a legit case to be considered one of the best QBs in football:

#1 in passing yardage

#2 in passer rate

over 70% completion rate

444 rushing yards

These are just a few reminders of how special this guy would look in a Broncos uniform!

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          When you look at Watson's stats in 2020 alone, without Hopkins, he has a legit case to be considered one of the best QBs in football:

#1 in passing yardage

#2 in passer rate

over 70% completion rate

444 rushing yards

These are just a few reminders of how special this guy would look in a Broncos uniform!
          100% agree, regardless of how much our new GM likes Lock or not he should put something together and try very very hard to get him. This type of opportunity probably won't ever happen again. To land a super talented franchise QB early in his prime!!! I will be upset if there at least isn't an attempt

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

100% agree, regardless of how much our new GM likes Lock or not he should put something together and try very very hard to get him. This type of opportunity probably won't ever happen again. To land a super talented franchise QB early in his prime!!! I will be upset if there at least isn't an attempt
            Agreed!!!! At least make an attempt.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Agreed!!!! At least make an attempt.
              I 2nd that motion.
              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• The Jets are Deshaun Watson's preferred trade partner.
                The rightfully disgruntled franchise QB prefers the Jets "because they hired Robert Saleh to be their coach and Watson values Saleh so much he wanted the Texans to interview him for their vacant head coach job," according to the Miami Herald's Armando Salguero. The Dolphins, per Salguero, rank second on Watson's trade wish list. Recent reports out of Houston indicate it's a matter of when -- not if -- Watson is dealt away after the team's string of management mishaps that alienated the cornerstone of the franchise. Saleh has been complimentary of Sam Darnold, lauding the QB's "unbelievable arm talent," but has stopped short of naming him the Jets' 2021 starter. Darnold's shot at the starting gig would vanish the minute Watson is dealt to New York. Watson -- who has yet to officially request a trade -- would be a giant upgrade for all Jets pass catchers, including Jamison Crowder, Chris Herndon, and Denzel Mims.

rotoworld

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                  The Jets are Deshaun Watson's preferred trade partner.
                  The rightfully disgruntled franchise QB prefers the Jets "because they hired Robert Saleh to be their coach and Watson values Saleh so much he wanted the Texans to interview him for their vacant head coach job," according to the Miami Herald's Armando Salguero. The Dolphins, per Salguero, rank second on Watson's trade wish list. Recent reports out of Houston indicate it's a matter of when -- not if -- Watson is dealt away after the team's string of management mishaps that alienated the cornerstone of the franchise. Saleh has been complimentary of Sam Darnold, lauding the QB's "unbelievable arm talent," but has stopped short of naming him the Jets' 2021 starter. Darnold's shot at the starting gig would vanish the minute Watson is dealt to New York. Watson -- who has yet to officially request a trade -- would be a giant upgrade for all Jets pass catchers, including Jamison Crowder, Chris Herndon, and Denzel Mims.

rotoworld
                  I saw that too.... certainly deflated my Watson balloon

Comment

• Originally posted by fraguela09 View Post
                    The Jets are Deshaun Watson's preferred trade partner.

rotoworld
                    Find that very very hard to believe especially from a qb perspective. No wr, no running game, no def....its gonna take a couple of years for them to compete... I dont see the allure of him dying to go they just bc of a coach and a defensive one at that. Watson has been very quiet. Its gonna be a team we least expect just watch.
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Find that very very hard to believe especially from a qb perspective. No wr, no running game, no def....its gonna take a couple of years for them to compete... I dont see the allure of him dying to go they just bc of a coach and a defensive one at that. Watson has been very quiet. Its gonna be a team we least expect just watch.
                      Reading between the lines, he seems to want to play for a coach of color. I think he also wants to play for a young coach.

Our weapons might be enough to sway him. I think it would be a hill to climb for us, though.

Keeping my fingers crossed that we can crowbar our way into the conversation, but it's not looking good.

Comment

• This year is shaping up to be another real QB adventure. Watson and Stafford possibly being available. Possibly 4 going in the top 10 in the draft. Some teams holding their cards close, who have yet to signal if they are in the search for a new starter. Could be a lot of team's sporting a new face at the helm next year. Can't wait to see what's happened when the smoke clears. And some moves will create a domino effect, as those teams have to either draft one or look for another trade....unless FA has any inventory.

I love the offseason...so many possibilities!! Hope we're part of the excitement.

Comment

• I think if this actually happens I should be awarded the Bronco message board piece prize for bringing stability to the region

Comment

• 2021 1st and 2nd
                            2022 1st and 2nd
                            Drew Lock
                            Josey Jewell
                            Jurrell Casey

Offer that to them, some other defensive starters I’d consider trading: Mike Purcell, A.J. Johnson, Michael Ojemudia, AJ Bouye.

4 picks, Lock, and 2 defensive starters. Make it happen!

Comment

• Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                              2021 1st and 2nd
                              2022 1st and 2nd
                              Drew Lock
                              Josey Jewell
                              Jurrell Casey

Offer that to them, some other defensive starters I’d consider trading: Mike Purcell, A.J. Johnson, Michael Ojemudia, AJ Bouye.

4 picks, Lock, and 2 defensive starters. Make it happen!
                              Wasn’t Bouye already a Texan once?

I think Miller would have to be one of the defensive players to go, not Jewell.

It would be a trade that results in regret when Watson proves not to be the difference maker people think he is.
                              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Wasn’t Bouye already a Texan once?

I think Miller would have to be one of the defensive players to go, not Jewell.

It would be a trade that results in regret when Watson proves not to be the difference maker people think he is.

ITs all a dream until it actually happens. Imo, he has already proven he is a superstar so the suggested trade proposal is more than fair

Comment

Working...
                                X