Block buster trade idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Recently things have gotten better but if we made a chart for the most amount of horrible plays by position I am pretty sure the OL would have two spots on the top 5 list. RT and C has a lot of bad plays this season. It would also surprise people how far the guards are up on that list.

The offense will not score if the OL is failing its job. Mobile QBs and quick thinking Qbs can ease some of the pain but the offense will always have limitations. Broncos fans from the 80s have seen what a great QB will be limited by with even average offensive talent with a lot of heart. If we had a great QB we may make the playoffs but until we fix this horrible offense a Ring is a pipe dream.

There are some coaches who would even make a case that until we get least average on the OL we will never be able to develop a QB.
    I will say this. Lock is so quick to leave the pocket. He doesn't trust his eyes either pre snap or post snap. The slightest bit of pressure he rolls out. Sometimes into pressure. He better stay in the pocket this week. The chargers got some good edge rushers and our line according to most is the weak point. I don't think it is but to each their own. That is my criticism of him. He needs to trust the pocket. This goes back to his college days he primarily worked out of the gun. I don't think he operated under center. So is the line really that bad or is Lock not trusting the protection? Either way it makes for an offense that seems out of sync with each other.

I'm not calling Lock a rookie I don't care if its only 8 starts. Hes in year 2. Some qbs sit for a year and come in and take off. Some don't sure but they are productive in some way. Lock with his 1 td isn't putting up huge confidence. He played 5 games last year so its not like he's that new to the nfl and he had an off-season and before you guys say well it was tainted and not normal well each of the qbs had to go through it so ya gotta be able to adjust.
    :go:

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Don't you know all QBs become HoFers in 9 starts or less! Time to throw Lock away he has had his 9 starts!

PM went 3-13 his first 16 games with a horrible rating and more Ints than TDs. Why did they let him keep playing another year!
      In fairness though he had more tds than what Lock has at this point. Lock is a second year vet who played 5 games his rookie season...Manning didn't get an off-season after 5 starts like Drew got. You want to see progression and at this point i can't say I see progression from Lock. Now that tape is out on him we will see how he adjust. If he is pressing and dcs know that I'm sure Lock will be in for long games going forward. He has to elevate his play and so far we have not seen it. He needs a signature game to shut people like myself up.

Say he comes in and throws 3tds 304 yards against LA and we lose i can live with that. Hey he improving but if we get waxed and his stat line is 1td 183 yds say 2 picks or worse 0 tds and that stat line I'm sorry the narrative will start to look like thats the qb he is. Rasheed use to say ball dont lie well the tape dont lie either. However for the sake of the broncos lets just put on record we all want Lock to succeed but hey waste time with a project if you can get a sure qb we need to get back competitive we aren't in the nfc east we got a tough division and they getting better. We don't want to sit in 4th year in and year out.
      :go:

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

In fairness though he had more tds than what Lock has at this point. Lock is a second year vet who played 5 games his rookie season...Manning didn't get an off-season after 5 starts like Drew got. You want to see progression and at this point i can't say I see progression from Lock. Now that tape is out on him we will see how he adjust. If he is pressing and dcs know that I'm sure Lock will be in for long games going forward. He has to elevate his play and so far we have not seen it. He needs a signature game to shut people like myself up.

Say he comes in and throws 3tds 304 yards against LA and we lose i can live with that. Hey he improving but if we get waxed and his stat line is 1td 183 yds say 2 picks or worse 0 tds and that stat line I'm sorry the narrative will start to look like thats the qb he is. Rasheed use to say ball dont lie well the tape dont lie either. However for the sake of the broncos lets just put on record we all want Lock to succeed but hey waste time with a project if you can get a sure qb we need to get back competitive we aren't in the nfc east we got a tough division and they getting better. We don't want to sit in 4th year in and year out.
        What off season? No OTAs, no preseason. I would say he is worse off then Manning going into year 2.

Comment

Well, who is coaching the offense? Who is staffing the offense? Players are short term issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Lol that entire piece was very comical. Please tell me how his he not good enough??? Please again 4 straight games with with 300 + yrd and 2 td....in that 4 game spand only 2 ints. 15 tds and 5 ints all year. With injuries too. The only pedestal I put him on is the one he rightfully deserves to be on. Now u don't want Watson but I'm not gonna let people down play him in any way. He is a top 7 qb in this league and you acting like he is a e bus joker. You "CLEARLY" A highlights on espn watcher that don't watch the entire game. But is ok. You will learn the game.
            Irrespective of what tantrums you throw and how you feel you should act, you simply don't comprehend that it does not matter how great Watson looks, if you loose every significant game.
            To get a QB of Watsons' quality you would have to give up a Herschel Walker kind of deal and Broncos would be stuck in the mud for years, and the Texans season shows that Watson does not elevate the team enough to win. If you give up more value than you get then you make the team worse!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Irrespective of what tantrums you throw and how you feel you should act, you simply don't comprehend that it does not matter how great Watson looks, if you loose every significant game.
              To get a QB of Watsons' quality you would have to give up a Herschel Walker kind of deal and Broncos would be stuck in the mud for years, and the Texans season shows that Watson does not elevate the team enough to win. If you give up more value than you get then you make the team worse!
              Or they'd be winning championships again.....

It's all irrelevant because Houston isn't trading Watson. They just come out and said everyone minus JJ, Tunsil and Deshaun are open for trade. I knew it was a pipe dream but it's just fun to have that what if discussion. Watson with our Young offense would be insanely good and with a defensive HC like Fangio we'd be in the playoffs competing every year

Comment

I don't want Watson for the 3rd time.....im just talking about how you are down playing him as a qb and that's not true.
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

It's all irrelevant because Houston isn't trading Watson. They just come out and said everyone minus JJ, Tunsil and Deshaun are open for trade. I knew it was a pipe dream but it's just fun to have that what if discussion. Watson with our Young offense would be insanely good and with a defensive HC like Fangio we'd be in the playoffs competing every year
                  I would 100% agree.
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

I don't want Watson for the 3rd time.....im just talking about how you are down playing him as a qb and that's not true.
                    I am not down playing Watson's skills - I am just saying that he clearly does not make a bad team an SB contender. If compared to Brock Osweiler with the Texans, Watson has been a +2-+3 win difference maker, and that is aboat load for a 9-7 team, but worth next to nothing for a 6-10 team

Comment

Who has ever traded a boat load of picks for an established upper level QB and then gone on to win a championship?
                      Dallas Cowboys did it the opposite way and became dominant.
                      Bears traded for a great Pro Bowl QB in Cutler and got teased. Otherwise it does not happen and there is a reason

Comment

I am not down playing Watson's skills - I am just saying that he clearly does not make a bad team an SB contender. If compared to Brock Osweiler with the Texans, Watson has been a +2-+3 win difference maker, and that is aboat load for a 9-7 team, but worth next to nothing for a 6-10 team
                        Wait you sound weird name one qb that makes a bad team a sb contender....and ima answer the question for you. NO ONE. NO one person in the nfl now past or future will do that bc its a TEAM sport. K.C. won the sb last year with a future HOF coach, hill, waking, kelce, and a very good oline. Sb before that patriots with all def...Brady was pretty much terrible all that year. Im down replying to you bc clearly you don't watch him play. Lock got a win and we didn't score a td....Watson drops 30 pts on a team bit they loss and you want to bring up wins and loss???? Whatever, just give him a any kind of good defense and this is a different story.

Jvdub...sees the same thing with our def and young talent we will always be able to be in the convo of sb.....Watson did go into k.c. and beat pat a home not many qbs can say that. You may not like him outside of pat there is Watson is the next best qb in the afc hands down.

Comment

Who has ever traded a boat load of picks for an established upper level QB and then gone on to win a championship?
                          Dallas Cowboys did it the opposite way and became dominant.
                          Bears traded for a great Pro Bowl QB in Cutler and got teased. Otherwise it does not happen and there is a reason
                          What???? First culter was never great.....name a top qb thay was ever trade the was still in there prime? I'll wait....

Comment

I absolutely love what pieces we have on offense. Our team is young and ready to break out!! All we need? A QB to piece it all together. I like Lock but I am starting to have doubts he can put it all together. If I'm Elway I get on the phone with Houston and offer my absolute best offer and try to pry Watson away from them.

Houston is in some big trouble with zero draft capital and cap hell issues. One move they can look to rebuild and start over. What would it take? I would think that we could send Lock, James and 2 1st round picks? I would gladly give up 2 1st round picks for him all day long. Would we be able to afford him?' Von may have to be a casualty but again worth it. Realistically they wouldn't move on from him but I certainly would try.
                            Trade away any future you have to get a QB that will demand the biggest contract in NFL history if he's even remotely good, when it's his turn.

Nah, no thanks. Especially a mobile qb. We'd trade the moon and stars for him and all it would take is Bud Dupree coming free on a stunt to end his season.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

What???? First culter was never great.....name a top qb thay was ever trade the was still in there prime? I'll wait....
                              You're quoting one of the only Tebow fans left.

And if you like Tebow as much as he does, I could see why he thinks Cutler is a good QB.
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

You're quoting one of the only Tebow fans left.

And if you like Tebow as much as he does, I could see why he thinks Cutler is a good QB.
                                Wow enough said thanks for the update bc he is talking true craziness. Now that I know he is a Tebow fan "yet another qb that I said would be trash and was elated when manning came and he got kicked." Proves all i need to know.....carry on everyone. Sorry I discussed this with a Tebow fan this long.

Comment

Working...
                                X