Block buster trade idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    Give them Lock and our first this year and maybe our 2nd next year and then we got the qb solved. With the weapons we have our offense will start to average over 25 a game I feel. Im not good on gm stuff but make that happen. With Watson I feel we can compete against any team in the division
    Ya that is no where near enough they would hang up the phone before we finished that offer.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
      2 firsts and Drew Lock for Watson. They traded the best receiver in the nfl for a second and a washed david johnson so it's more than fair
      As beast mentioned the person responsible for the Hopkins move is no longer employed by the team. It would cost more.
      It's gonna cost a couple first a second and Von to land him. Anything less would be them just settling for what they think is all they could get. Which happens.
      What plays in our favor is the fact that they don't even have a first round pick to begin with. But what goes against us is how low we are in the order, to where a trade with Denver might not get them Lawrence, Wilson, nor Fields. Kyle Trask and Tray Lance would be in their reality if they traded for Denver's first round pick.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by roushmartin6 View Post
        2 firsts and Drew Lock for Watson. They traded the best receiver in the nfl for a second and a washed david johnson so it's more than fair
        Wishful thinking
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Houston is also 20 mil over the projected cap next season and they don’t have very many options to clear space. Cooks and Johnson will just barely put them over and Roby would give them about 9 mil in cap space. Any high priced players are likely off the table for them.

Comment

Send them Lock, three 1st, and a second this year, and 3rd next year. They are not going to take any high priced players as they are -$17m in cap space.

Two problems to think about though:
            - Watson has a no trade clause. We would have to be appealing to him to want to come here.
            - Texans most likely wouldn’t trade him until June 1st. Post June 1st they save $10m vs they eat $21m in dead cap before June 1st. Which means our high first round pick this year wouldn’t apply to the trade.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post
              Send them Lock, three 1st, and a second this year, and 3rd next year. They are not going to take any high priced players as they are -$17m in cap space.

Two problems to think about though:
              - Watson has a no trade clause. We would have to be appealing to him to want to come here.
              - Texans most likely wouldn’t trade him until June 1st. Post June 1st they save $10m vs they eat $21m in dead cap before June 1st. Which means our high first round pick this year wouldn’t apply to the trade.
              This is a fair trade, but I would try to drop the 2nd round to a 3rd or 4th.

Comment

Just an assumption. He’s going to New England. They’re not resigning Cam and the new GM is from New England. They’ll scratch each other’s back.

Comment

Originally posted by montee2ball View Post
                  Just an assumption. He’s going to New England. They’re not resigning Cam and the new GM is from New England. They’ll scratch each other’s back.
                  He wouldn't go there. He wouldn't have anyone to throw to. He would look good in Broncos jersey. He is 25, with these young wrs we would be set. He did split with Mahomes last year and if they had a defense would have beat them in the playoffs. He is extremely smart. We would be set at qb for more than a decade.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

He wouldn't go there. He wouldn't have anyone to throw to. He would look good in Broncos jersey. He is 25, with these young wrs we would be set. He did split with Mahomes last year and if they had a defense would have beat them in the playoffs. He is extremely smart. We would be set at qb for more than a decade.
                    Houston is not going to trade him to where he wants to go. They are going to trade him where they will get the most draft capital.

Comment

Any offer would have to include at least a couple value contracts that could go a long way in helping the Texans bridge a gap. So my stab at it would be 2 1st Patrick and Reed for Watson. It may not be enough but it's a start

Its actually a pretty decent haul and gives them instant cap relief and starters.

Comment

Houston is not going to trade him to where he wants to go. They are going to trade him where they will get the most draft capital.
                        That isn’t true, he has a no trade clause in his contract so he’s going to have to sign off on a trade partner to waive that clause. Plus he’s clearly not happy they went with another guy with Patriot ties after the O’Brien fiasco

Comment

He has a no trade clause so I think you're wrong buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

This is a fair trade, but I would try to drop the 2nd round to a 3rd or 4th.
                            Fair? More like cheap. You might as throw in bottle caps. Third or fourth? Frugal.

Comment

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.den...ge-kiszla/amp/

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
                                Give them Lock and our first this year and maybe our 2nd next year and then we got the qb solved. With the weapons we have our offense will start to average over 25 a game I feel. Im not good on gm stuff but make that happen. With Watson I feel we can compete against any team in the division
                                gonna go ahead and assume it takes much much more than that to land watson. Then again houston traded away hopkins for like nothing so you never know.

Comment

Working...
                                X