Block buster trade idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by montee2ball View Post

Fair? More like cheap. You might as throw in bottle caps. Third or fourth? Frugal.
    If you say so.....its my opinion not yours. "I" think its fair.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

If the trade does somehow happen expect the trade to be more than we are saying. While I said three 1st, 2nd, and a3rd. I fully expecting it to be a lot more.

Comment

Just an assumption. He’s going to New England. They’re not resigning Cam and the new GM is from New England. They’ll scratch each other’s back.
        NE is a sinking ship with no weapons for him. I don't know if he'll even be traded but imo it won't be to NE. Denver is way more attractive with our receiving group

Comment

My thoughts exactly!! Do whatever it takes to get this man wearing Denver orange and blue!!!

Instead of trading up, use all that draft capital to trade for Watson. Denver would be an immediate contender and would be for the next decade!!

Comment

Do the Broncos or Texans say no to this deal?

Broncos Send:
            Courtland Sutton
            2021 1st Round (#9 overall)
            2021 2nd Round
            2022 1st Round
            2022 3rd Round

Broncos Get:
            Deshaun Watson
            2021 3rd Round

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
              If you say so.....its my opinion not yours. "I" think its fair.
              lol yeah i agree. If im a gm im gonna get the best deal i can done at the best price for my team.

Nuet - they might both say no. if it were me i dont know if id be willing to trade my #1 wr. I dont think id be willing to trade juedy either.
              if im the texans sutton would be a ? due to coming off injury.
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Just an assumption. He’s going to New England. They’re not resigning Cam and the new GM is from New England. They’ll scratch each other’s back.
                Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

He wouldn't go there. He wouldn't have anyone to throw to. He would look good in Broncos jersey. He is 25, with these young wrs we would be set. He did split with Mahomes last year and if they had a defense would have beat them in the playoffs. He is extremely smart. We would be set at qb for more than a decade.
                I was doing a little draft analysis using the value chart, and The pats only have 1,633.5 value points this year, whereas we have 2,258.7. Neither of us have near what the top 3 draft teams have. Yes, they are highly weighted by their 1st picks, but they still have a lot of value afterward. Regardless, The pats entire total is barely half the value of the #1 pick in the draft. It is essentially a little more than the #6 pick overall! So their entire 2021 draft is peanuts. They would have to give multiple 1sts and other picks, maybe players, to get Watson. And as mentioned, their receivers are ordinary.

Saying that, we are not that stocked in draft cap this year, as our entire draft is a little better than the #3 pick overall. So yeah, we need to give up this year and lots of the future as well, though not as much. BUT, I think we can offer a player or two, along with a pretty hefty draft component, because Watson is one of the best young QBs in the game....hence, long term value!

My gut tells me this is the much faster route to the SB than the draft and develop methodology, given how special Watson is, and of course, in the most pivotal position.
                Last edited by CanDB; 01-08-2021, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by neutessa View Post

Broncos Send:
                  Courtland Sutton
                  2021 2nd Round
                  2022 1st Round
                  2022 3rd Round

Broncos Get:
                  Deshaun Watson
                  2021 3rd Round
                  I don't give up Sutton....part of the attraction for him coming to Denver.

Comment

Further....I think Houston can be had. Look at the maneuvers. Trading one of the key O threats in the league for a slightly worn down RB and a little draft value. The draft return may never counter the loss of their premier WR for David Johnson. And they probably never imagined that their trade with Miami would give The Dolphins the #3 and #36 picks overall this year. As you may imagine, Houston thought they'd be much higher in the standings! As a reminder the deal was:

Dolphins send Tunsil, wide receiver Kenny Stills, a 2020 fourth-round pick and a 2021 sixth-round selection to Houston in exchange for tackle Julién Davenport, cornerback Johnson Bademosi, a 2020 first-round pick, and first- and second-round picks in 2021.

Not sure how the rest of the deal is going, but this year's picks alone may be pivotal in Miami's ascension.

So, Houston is a good team to deal with. Odds are pretty sweet. So sweet that if Watson is available, there will be serious competition to acquire him. Given that potential, this might be Houston's best deal in a while. Then again....

Comment

• Originally posted by neutessa View Post

Broncos Send:
                      Courtland Sutton
                      2021 2nd Round
                      2022 1st Round
                      2022 3rd Round

Broncos Get:
                      Deshaun Watson
                      2021 3rd Round
                      I think Sutton is a keeper. I would expect them to show some interest in Lock, so he's part of the deal instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I think Sutton is a keeper. I would expect them to show some interest in Lock, so he's part of the deal instead.
                        Lock is likely a throw in. I don't think he has much value. I've read that the league in general is not anywhere near as high on Lock as the Broncos (primarily Elway) are. I'd add Lock to this deal and be happy.

My thinking on Sutton is that you're going to have to give something of value. As much as we'd like it to be a 1st and a 2nd - that just isn't enough - it would have to include a valuable player like Sutton or Chubb. Although the injury is a concern, Sutton is likely the most valuable of the Bronco receivers but that's a position where the Broncos have a lot of talent. Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick, Fant, and Okwuegbunam as receiving threats would all be even better with a top QB. (Could even add in the potential of Cleveland.)

Add in the near long term considerations. It will likely be difficult financially, regardless of who the QB is, to keep Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Fant, and Okwuegbunam if you want to pay a decent offensive line plus have cap space for quality Defensive players. Patrick, while not a true Sutton replacement, was very good this year and is more similar in style to Sutton than he is to Jeudy or Hamler.

Comment

• Not gonna lie, the more I think about this, the more excited I get. Acquiring Manning gave me a huge positive jolt. So would this. Sure, Manning came without loss, but if you are like me, who believe Watson has MVP capability, and you can package a deal that does not hamper our progress, I say go all in!!

My premise is that there is little guarantee that the road we are on now leads us to long term playoff stature. Lock showed promise, and still does, but I can not be too confident that he is a sure thing anymore. And lets be honest, we have an Oline that has progressed, especially Bolles, and we have a handful of seriously good weapons. For me, it's time to solidify the QB position, and take more care on the other side, with D reinforcement via FA and the Draft. Watson is a sure thing, and a young man as well. The O has plenty of talent. Sutton, Jeudy, Patrick, Hamler, Fant could be extremely hard to defend against, along with our RB tandem, with a star like Watson, who can throw and use his athleticism as good as pretty much any other QB.

So yes.....I'm on the train! Count me in!

(Without going overboard) LET'S MAKE A DEAL!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post

I don't give up Sutton....part of the attraction for him coming to Denver.
                            Correct!!!!
                            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Lock is likely a throw in. I don't think he has much value. I've read that the league in general is not anywhere near as high on Lock as the Broncos (primarily Elway) are. I'd add Lock to this deal and be happy.

My thinking on Sutton is that you're going to have to give something of value. As much as we'd like it to be a 1st and a 2nd - that just isn't enough - it would have to include a valuable player like Sutton or Chubb. Although the injury is a concern, Sutton is likely the most valuable of the Bronco receivers but that's a position where the Broncos have a lot of talent. Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick, Fant, and Okwuegbunam as receiving threats would all be even better with a top QB. (Could even add in the potential of Cleveland.)

Add in the near long term considerations. It will likely be difficult financially, regardless of who the QB is, to keep Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Fant, and Okwuegbunam if you want to pay a decent offensive line plus have cap space for quality Defensive players. Patrick, while not a true Sutton replacement, was very good this year and is more similar in style to Sutton than he is to Jeudy or Hamler.
                              I see what you mean....just might not be keen to go that way. As you know, Sutton has pro bowl written all over him, and could be a top 5 WR for years. I understand that we have a good, young core group, which makes that sort of deal a little more palatable. But I'd hate to lose a star along with a lot of draft capital.

Let me ask, would you be ok with offering Jeudy instead, but with a high equivalent value? In other words, we add Jeudy but only at his predicted level of play, a year or two from now.

Comment

Broncos Send:
                                Courtland Sutton
                                2021 2nd Round
                                2022 1st Round
                                2022 3rd Round

Broncos Get:
                                Deshaun Watson
                                2021 3rd Round
                                I wouldn't mind it except I would rather keep Sutton. I know I'll get shot down on here but maybe Lock & Patrick or Patrick and Von. Von's salary traded should help offset Watson's. My gut tells me they Broncs likely aren't even going to make the phone call though.

Comment

Working...
                                X