Block buster trade idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AZBobalu View Post

I wouldn't mind it except I would rather keep Sutton. I know I'll get shot down on here but maybe Lock & Patrick or Patrick and Von. Von's salary traded should help offset Watson's. My gut tells me they Broncs likely aren't even going to make the phone call though.
    I have no issue if you package Lock and Patrick. None. I would be sort of ok with Von leaving, but only if he sees Texas as a place for him to be.

Comment

• Listening to part of a statement from a Houston Texans FO person(could have been the owner for all I know), it doesn’t seem like the Texans are going to trade Watson.

I sure hope he isn’t being a baby because he’s not part of the hiring process. Wouldn’t want him in Denver, if that’s the case.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
        Listening to part of a statement from a Houston Texans FO person(could have been the owner for all I know), it doesn’t seem like the Texans are going to trade Watson.

I sure hope he isn’t being a baby because he’s not part of the hiring process. Wouldn’t want him in Denver, if that’s the case.
        Although this could be true, it is not the first or last time that folks will try to sugar coat a situation before something major takes place.

And if he's available, I am not going to dissect his opinion. Houston's team is in disarray, and he is an adult.

Comment

Listening to part of a statement from a Houston Texans FO person(could have been the owner for all I know), it doesn’t seem like the Texans are going to trade Watson.

....i mean all you had to do was google watson to find this. considering the dumpster fire that was bill obrien i would give watson some leeway

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• IF... Watson was indeed traded Houston will ask for a kings ransom for him. They will probably want him to go to the NFC so any AFC team will have to give more than they want. Denver should absolutely be all in and offer whatever it takes!! Just not Sutton

Comment

• Originally posted by CanDB View Post

Although this could be true, it is not the first or last time that folks will try to sugar coat a situation before something major takes place.

And if he's available, I am not going to dissect his opinion. Houston's team is in disarray, and he is an adult.
              It would appear he’s being a baby adult or an adult baby.

Don’t really want a guy who’s going to get pissy about not being apart of a process that isn’t even his responsibility to begin with.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by armedequation View Post

....i mean all you had to do was google watson to find this. considering the dumpster fire that was bill obrien i would give watson some leeway

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp
                Watson deserves no leeway on this matter.

Never let the inmates run the asylum.

He knew from the Hopkins trade that the organization doesn’t feel it necessary to consult with him on organizational decisions, nor should they.
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

It would appear he’s being a baby adult or an adult baby.

Don’t really want a guy who’s going to get pissy about not being apart of a process that isn’t even his responsibility to begin with.
                  Dude it's so much bigger than that. If its your franchise qb and you trade away his #1 wr and then tell him that he would be apart of the process and then start it without him. Its just not the players that need to keep their word but the owners too. Its about being a man of your word. He was blind sided twice....
                  no way greenbay would trade adams without tell Rodgers 1st.

No way saints trade Thomas without telling Brees 1st

Don't try to make it seem like he is a baby.. all the crap he has endured with that sorry franchise. So its ok for owners to do what the hell they want and lie but expect the players to just sit there and take it...that damn team is 0-16 with him...and they need to respect him as such or trade him and watch them suck for the next 5 years.
                  Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Watson deserves no leeway on this matter.

Never let the inmates run the asylum.

He knew from the Hopkins trade that the organization doesn’t feel it necessary to consult with him on organizational decisions, nor should they.
                    Well it really doesn't matter what either of us think. He is a grown man and made the decision "he" thought was right. From what I have seen by player or the media "no one" has call him a baby.. in fact they agree and are blasting the texans.
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Dude it's so much bigger than that. If its your franchise qb and you trade away his #1 wr and then tell him that he would be apart of the process and then start it without him. Its just not the players that need to keep their word but the owners too. Its about being a man of your word. He was blind sided twice....

Don't try to make it seem like he is a baby.. all the crap he has endured with that sorry franchise. So its ok for owners to do what the hell they want and lie but expect the players to just sit there and take it...that damn team is 0-16 with him...and they need to respect him as such or trade him and watch them suck for the next 5 years.
                      yeah you dont make him the 2nd highest paid player....basically saying hes the cornerstone of the franchise and then disregard any input he has and expect him to be okay with it. It doesnt appear like lee even read the article or he would have seen that watson is representing a group of players and their opinions not just his own. Watt has been saying similar things for a long time now. Watson didnt even have unrealistic expectations....he just wanted to be heard and i cant blame him for that
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

• just saw this from bleacher report:

"The Denver Broncos are still conducting a search for their next general manager, so it's tough to tell where they'll go with the quarterback position in 2021. That said, even though executive John Elway still has "high hopes" for Drew Lock, the 2019 second-round pick completed just 57.3 percent of his passes and was the league's fourth-lowest-rated qualified passer in 2020.

They have the No. 9 overall pick in the draft and should have enough cap space to easily afford Watson in 2021. They won't be as flush with cash if they pay up to keep impending free-agent safety Justin Simmons, but they might also decide to move on from veteran pass-rusher Von Miller in order to save $18 million.

Let's call it Lock, the 2021 No. 9 overall pick, a 2021 second-round pick and a 2022 first-rounder for Watson. The Texans would again save money and add a ton of draft capital, they'd take a low-cost flier on Lock, and they'd have a shot at Zach Wilson or Trey Lance in the draft. Meanwhile, Watson would likely jump at a chance to team up with Jerry Jeudy, Courtland Sutton, Noah Fant and a talented offensive line in Denver.

This one makes quite a lot of sense, although I'm sure the Texans would rather trade Watson out of the conference"

so

drew lock
                        2021 1st round
                        2021 2nd round
                        2021 first round

for

watson

Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Green Bay fired a quarterbacks coach without telling Rodgers.
                          You Mad Bro?
                          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Its not that you don't know....you just don't want to know....No one is looking at Watson how you are so it really doesn’t matter. Im done with this conversation.

Comment

Its not that you don't know....you just don't want to know....No one is looking at Watson how you are so it really doesn’t matter. Im done with this conversation.
                              You make no sense anyway, so don’t talk to me again about anything.
                              You Mad Bro?
                              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

he was fired by mccarthy if i remember correctly and what happened to mccarthy after it took place?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports....184644438.html
                                Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X