Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dak

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dak

    Should we be thinking Dak Prescott next offseason?

    Hear me out....

    Cowboys are in tank mode. Typically only go into tank mode for a QB or an elite Pass Rusher. There will be 3 QBs in the top ten this year.

    Cowboys were already on defense on giving Dak $35m+. Now they have a legit reason not to and let him walk.

    Rumors were Denver was high on Dak the year he came out but Denver went with Paxton instead.

    Elways obviously likes going after Vet QBs.

    The issues:

    This only is relevant if Lock shows us nothing this season.

    Tons of teams will be going after Dak

    Will he be healthy enough by next season.

    If Denver does sign Dak, that would be the end of Vons days in Denver.

  • #2
    Pass he is gonna get a massive contract i would rather find some one in the draft.

    If Dallas doesn't franchise him the Jones family is losing there minds more then I thought.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
      Pass he is gonna get a massive contract i would rather find some one in the draft.

      If Dallas doesn't franchise him the Jones family is losing there minds more then I thought.
      I’m not saying it’s something I’d like to see but I can see Elway making a move like this.

      The second franchise time would be worth $40m. They are sitting with $28m next year, as of now. That could be another factor why they move on. Should be interesting what he commands now and what the market will give him considering cap is possibly going down and him coming off an injury.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post

        I’m not saying it’s something I’d like to see but I can see Elway making a move like this.

        The second franchise time would be worth $40m. They are sitting with $28m next year, as of now. That could be another factor why they move on. Should be interesting what he commands now and what the market will give him considering cap is possibly going down and him coming off an injury.
        maybe it is i feel Prescott is a good QB in this league with Elite upside. i don't think you can give up on that.
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

        Comment


        • #5
          We should have drafted him originally. I wouldn't trade for him now with his huge contract.
          sigpic
          2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
            We should have drafted him originally. I wouldn't trade for him now with his huge contract.
            i don't think he is talking about trading for him. would you sign him to a huge contract if he hit FA cause Dallas can't/doesn't reup his contract
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

              i don't think he is talking about trading for him. would you sign him to a huge contract if he hit FA cause Dallas can't/doesn't reup his contract
              You're right. I just still wouldn't sign him for that much money.
              sigpic
              2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post

                You're right. I just still wouldn't sign him for that much money.
                I'd agree with this. It's nothing against Dak, but signing him would mean not having the money to improve the team where it really needs it. Regardless with how Drew looks this season, he is still an unknown with how meh the OL is and how bad the offensive coordinator is. Drew shows signs he can play, that he can be a leader. Success overall or a real teaching would be after he has all the tools around him to succeed, but doesn't.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

                Comment


                • #9
                  Pass.

                  Dak enjoyed Dallas' stout OL to begin his career.

                  Under a Dallas-OL that now resembles Denver's,
                  Dak went 1-4 before going on IR.

                  1-4 with RB Ezekiel Elliot, WR Amari Cooper, WR CeeDee Lamb, etc.

                  Meanwhile, Lock's arm just won Denver the game on the final play with a less talented team.

                  Enjoy the win, everyone!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post
                    Pass.

                    Dak enjoyed Dallas' stout OL to begin his career.

                    Under a Dallas-OL that now resembles Denver's,
                    Dak went 1-4 before going on IR.

                    1-4 with RB Ezekiel Elliot, WR Amari Cooper, WR CeeDee Lamb, etc.

                    Meanwhile, Lock's arm just won Denver the game on the final play with a less talented team.

                    Enjoy the win, everyone!
                    Lamb is a rookie, it's not like he's been there Dak's entire career. Zeke since Dak got hurt has been pretty bad, showing the importance of a solid QB that elevates the run game. Not saying we should get Dak, but everybody on Dallas offense looks even worst when he's not playing, and again Lamb is a rookie...whom with Dak had some serviceable games. Dak doesn't play defense, in which Dallas has one of the worst in the league. With at least an average defense, before his injury Dallas might be 5-2 this season.(4-1 in games Dak started). Loses that include allowing almost 50 to the Browns and almost 40 to Seattle.

                    My point being you can't just say Dak record is X and not factor in the other side of the ball. It's not like Dak was costing games.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

                      Lamb is a rookie, it's not like he's been there Dak's entire career. Zeke since Dak got hurt has been pretty bad, showing the importance of a solid QB that elevates the run game. Not saying we should get Dak, but everybody on Dallas offense looks even worst when he's not playing, and again Lamb is a rookie...whom with Dak had some serviceable games. Dak doesn't play defense, in which Dallas has one of the worst in the league. With at least an average defense, before his injury Dallas might be 5-2 this season.(4-1 in games Dak started). Loses that include allowing almost 50 to the Browns and almost 40 to Seattle.

                      My point being you can't just say Dak record is X and not factor in the other side of the ball. It's not like Dak was costing games.
                      I'll address your first two points, as the rest is more of the same.

                      Lamb is a rookie, but so is Jeudy, Denver's current WR1.

                      This year, Dak with Amari and Zeke went 1 - 4.
                      You blame their D, but veteran-QB Dak could have done a better job with game tempo.

                      It appears you value Dak more than Jerry Jones.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

                        I'll address your first two points, as the rest is more of the same.

                        Lamb is a rookie, but so is Jeudy, Denver's current WR1.

                        This year, Dak with Amari and Zeke went 1 - 4.
                        You blame their D, but veteran-QB Dak could have done a better job with game tempo.

                        It appears you value Dak more than Jerry Jones.

                        I am not sure if you watched any of the games but you can’t really control the tempo when your defense doesn’t stop anyone. Besides the Rams game, Cowboys were forced to change their game plan pretty quickly. Their defense has allowed 30+ in 4 of the 5 games. Dak has kept that team close in the games with his arm but up a record number of yards throwing during that timeframe and put up 30+points in 4 of those 5 games as well. Plus, their oline is pretty banged up and I believe is missing pieces.

                        Now I am not valuing Dak higher than Jones. I don’t want to see $35m+ spent on him. With cap space prob going down I don’t know if anyone will be spending $35+ on him. If his cost was lower I think it’s a no brainer to grab him. Assuming Lock isn’t our guy by the end of the year.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post


                          I am not sure if you watched any of the games but you can’t really control the tempo when your defense doesn’t stop anyone. Besides the Rams game, Cowboys were forced to change their game plan pretty quickly. Their defense has allowed 30+ in 4 of the 5 games. Dak has kept that team close in the games with his arm but up a record number of yards throwing during that timeframe and put up 30+points in 4 of those 5 games as well. Plus, their oline is pretty banged up and I believe is missing pieces.

                          Now I am not valuing Dak higher than Jones. I don’t want to see $35m+ spent on him. With cap space prob going down I don’t know if anyone will be spending $35+ on him. If his cost was lower I think it’s a no brainer to grab him. Assuming Lock isn’t our guy by the end of the year.
                          One way to slow the game down is by running the ball,
                          especially if you have a superstar running back like Elliot and a mobile QB.

                          The thing about excuses is they work both ways.

                          People can continue to assert Dak had a mountain to climb,
                          but guess what, so did Lock.

                          Drew hasn't even played a full season, yet Denver with Lock is (6 - 4),
                          including the Pittsburgh loss, where he exited in Q1.

                          I get Dak is the flavor of the month, but I'd stick with Lock's winning record
                          and his low salary-cap figure.

                          Denver needs to build its QB a stout OL.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            They should,have dumped dak to a trade for a fortune in draft picks this spring .. then signed bridgewater to a 25ish per year for a few year contract.

                            I think that would have served them better than doing this 40/year dance with dak.

                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
                              They should,have dumped dak to a trade for a fortune in draft picks this spring .. then signed bridgewater to a 25ish per year for a few year contract.

                              I think that would have served them better than doing this 40/year dance with dak.
                              But... Jerry Jones

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X