No announcement yet.

Dak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we sign Dak, you can say goodbye to some of our homegrown talents with expiring deals coming up. We have cap flexibility for the next 3 years just because our starting QB is on a rookie contract. It becomes a “pick one” out of Bolles, Simmons, and Harris. It may also require parting ways with Bouye, Casey, KJax, Gordon, or Miller. In 2022, we’d probably have a difficult time extending Sutton and exercising the fifth year option for Chubb would be a huge cap hit (let alone what will probably be a huge extension in 2023). Don’t get me wrong, I think Dak is an elite QB and deserves every penny that he will get— I just don’t like the idea of competing for him in the market and not having the cap space to reward our in-house talents.
    2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
    Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

One way to slow the game down is by running the ball,
      especially if you have a superstar running back like Elliot and a mobile QB.

The thing about excuses is they work both ways.

People can continue to assert Dak had a mountain to climb,
      but guess what, so did Lock.

Drew hasn't even played a full season, yet Denver with Lock is (6 - 4),
      including the Pittsburgh loss, where he exited in Q1.

I get Dak is the flavor of the month, but I'd stick with Lock's winning record
      and his low salary-cap figure.

Denver needs to build its QB a stout OL.
      You can run the ball as much as you want but their run game hasn’t been that efficient this year, that idea gets thrown out the window. Zeke YAC are the lowest in his career. Currently ranked 18th in the league. I do not know where they were ranked when Dak went down. Since your defense can’t stop anyone that game plan gets thrown out pretty quickly. It’s not really an excuse it’s just how the cards have been handed to the Cowboys this year.

Comparing Lock comeback to Daks isn’t really fair. Lock is working with a defense that is giving him opportunities. Denver has made some key stops. Denver D is also a top 15 D, was a top 10 until this week. Dallas is ranked 28th.

I understand you want to stick with Lock and I would too so far. I’m just throwing this idea out there for if Lock shows us nothing. He has a great 4th quarter yesterday that was very promising. If he continues off that play then this thread is pointless. This is just a convo if we discover that Lock isn’t the guy after this year.

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
        If we sign Dak, you can say goodbye to some of our homegrown talents with expiring deals coming up. We have cap flexibility for the next 3 years just because our starting QB is on a rookie contract. It becomes a “pick one” out of Bolles, Simmons, and Harris. It may also require parting ways with Bouye, Casey, KJax, Gordon, or Miller. In 2022, we’d probably have a difficult time extending Sutton and exercising the fifth year option for Chubb would be a huge cap hit (let alone what will probably be a huge extension in 2023). Don’t get me wrong, I think Dak is an elite QB and deserves every penny that he will get— I just don’t like the idea of competing for him in the market and not having the cap space to reward our in-house talents.
        Good points.

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post

You can run the ball as much as you want but their run game hasn’t been that efficient this year, that idea gets thrown out the window. Zeke YAC are the lowest in his career. Currently ranked 18th in the league. I do not know where they were ranked when Dak went down. Since your defense can’t stop anyone that game plan gets thrown out pretty quickly. It’s not really an excuse it’s just how the cards have been handed to the Cowboys this year.

Comparing Lock comeback to Daks isn’t really fair. Lock is working with a defense that is giving him opportunities. Denver has made some key stops. Denver D is also a top 15 D, was a top 10 until this week. Dallas is ranked 28th.

I understand you want to stick with Lock and I would too so far. I’m just throwing this idea out there for if Lock shows us nothing. He has a great 4th quarter yesterday that was very promising. If he continues off that play then this thread is pointless. This is just a convo if we discover that Lock isn’t the guy after this year.
          I understand we live in an instant gratification era,
          but some people need to learn patience, especially with
          a young QB.

Lock has proven he can turn around a game in the fourth quarter by going
          14 of 18 passes for 155 yards and three touchdowns.

A solid OL helps young QBs thrive, just as Dak.
          Sadly, Dak would probably get hurt under Denver's OL too.

The reality is Dallas’ record is 1 – 4 with Dak, Elliot, Cooper, Lamb.
          ​​​​​​​
          You can scapegoat their defense (pass D 12th, run D 31st),
          but teams win and lose as a unit.

Comment

I'll address your first two points, as the rest is more of the same.

Lamb is a rookie, but so is Jeudy, Denver's current WR1.

This year, Dak with Amari and Zeke went 1 - 4.
            You blame their D, but veteran-QB Dak could have done a better job with game tempo.

It appears you value Dak more than Jerry Jones.
            Jeudy is the number 1 wide for Denver because of injury to Courtland, not because he's the default number one. Also that's a meh response, comparing a rookie to another rookie doesn't change what it fact about Dallas as a team and their situation.
            Dak kept them in games with with an injured OL, inexperienced offensive coordinator, and defense that couldn't stop a small child.
            I don't value anyone over anyone. My points aren't about value, they are about the facts of the 2020 Dallas Cowboys.
            sigpic
            Adopted Broncos:
            EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Jeudy is the number 1 wide for Denver because of injury to Courtland, not because he's the default number one. Also that's a meh response, comparing a rookie to another rookie doesn't change what it fact about Dallas as a team and their situation.
              Dak kept them in games with with an injured OL, inexperienced offensive coordinator, and defense that couldn't stop a small child.
              I don't value anyone over anyone. My points aren't about value, they are about the facts of the 2020 Dallas Cowboys.
              You seem more charitable with excuses for Dak and the Cowboys than you are with Lock and the Broncos.

The highest bidding team will receive Dak's veteran services. I hope it's not Denver.

Comment

You seem more charitable with excuses for Dak and the Cowboys than you are with Lock and the Broncos.

The highest bidding team will receive Dak's veteran services. I hope it's not Denver.
                How do you even come to that conclusion when I haven't even been mentioning Lock and Denver at all in my post, other than saying, I don't myself want Dak to be a Bronco? Sunday itself was the first time I've posted on the forum in almost 2yrs....So it's not like I often talk about Lock. In my return to the forums I defended Lock and made excuses for him being young, injured, having a bang up team, a buns offensive coordinator.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

Comment

How do you even come to that conclusion when I haven't even been mentioning Lock and Denver at all in my post, other than saying, I don't myself want Dak to be a Bronco? Sunday itself was the first time I've posted on the forum in almost 2yrs....So it's not like I often talk about Lock. In my return to the forums I defended Lock and made excuses for him being young, injured, having a bang up team, a buns offensive coordinator.
                  You may or may not have defended Lock upon your glorious return to this board,
                  but I don't actively lookout or read your posts.

Your response to my post initiated our interaction.

I took your responses as if you preferred Dak over Lock, given the thread.

Is Dak an elite QB? Conceivably.

Can Lock be an elite QB? Perhaps.
                  I want to find out.

Comment

You may or may not have defended Lock upon your glorious return to this board,
                    but I don't actively lookout or read your posts.

Your response to my post initiated our interaction.

I took your responses as if you preferred Dak over Lock, given the thread.

Is Dak an elite QB? Conceivably.

Can Lock be an elite QB? Perhaps.
                    I want to find out.
                    Never assume.
                    sigpic
                    Adopted Broncos:
                    EmmanuelSanders

Comment

Never assume.
                      Never assume people read your other posts, thus automatically understand your POV in a different thread.

Comment

Lol this conversation went sour real fast. Was never that deep. This wasn’t something I was hoping Denver would do this offseason. This wasn’t me saying replace Lock because I think he stinks. I just see Elway making a move like this. Especially if Lock doesn’t show Elway and the team enough by the end of the year. Not saying it will happen. Just something we should keep our eye on.

Comment

Never assume people read your other posts, thus automatically understand your POV in a different thread.
                          I didn't assume you read my other post, I simply stated I haven't been on the forum, so saying what I think of Lock is an assumption.
                          sigpic
                          Adopted Broncos:
                          EmmanuelSanders

Comment

I do not want Dak in Denver now. Dak was/is when healthy a good QB. Don't get me wrong I really dislike the Dallas Cowboys. Dak is a little overrated, but he does deserve to get paid what Dallas offered him this off-season based on his overall performance

If Drew Lock puts up Prescott numbers from the previous 3 years we are going to need to pay him a ton of money also.

Comment

I didn't assume you read my other post, I simply stated I haven't been on the forum, so saying what I think of Lock is an assumption.
                              Context is everything.

Welcome back after your hiatus.

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                                I do not want Dak in Denver now. Dak was/is when healthy a good QB. Don't get me wrong I really dislike the Dallas Cowboys. Dak is a little overrated, but he does deserve to get paid what Dallas offered him this off-season based on his overall performance

If Drew Lock puts up Prescott numbers from the previous 3 years we are going to need to pay him a ton of money also.
                                Dak's injury was pretty gruesome.

I wonder about any lingering issues and contract implications.

Comment

Working...
                                X