Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jameis Winston

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jameis Winston

    If we can't get Lawrence or Fields, and Lock continues to struggle with his play and staying healthy, I have to admit, I'd take a serious look at Jameis Winston.

    Yes, he has a knack for turnovers, but, Lock isn't exactly protecting the ball, and, at least, Winston throws touchdowns at a much higher rate. Plus, he's only 26. Still very young.

    Now, I would prefer a new, better head coach and OC, but, if Lock doesn't show any improvement, and there's no chance of getting a top QB prospect, I would definitely be willing to take a shot with Winston.

  • #2
    I'm not sure he'll be available. Brees is done after this season and I seriously doubt the Saints will actually turn the team over to Taysom Hill, he's a gadget player, not a QB. So if they see something worth keeping in Winston I think they'll try to hold onto him.

    Although that could all be undone because the Saints are currently $94 million over the projected cap for 2021. So they may not have the ability to keep him since they're going to be headed into a pretty thorough tear down and rebuild.

    Comment


    • #3
      No thank you... we already have a cheaper turnover machine..
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Pass if that is the case I am looking into Zach Wilson. Either way I do really like this ot class.
        sigpic
        oakland raders gm
        latavis murray trade bait

        Comment


        • #5
          After Lawrence and Fields, there is no QB worth it in this draft. The rest are projects and we don't have the coaching to develop a QB who needs a lot of work.

          I know Winston throws picks, but he also puts the ball in the end zone unlike Lock.

          To be clear, I don't think we must get him, but I think it wouldn't hurt to take a look and consider if Lock continues to struggle.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by sra84 View Post
            After Lawrence and Fields, there is no QB worth it in this draft. The rest are projects and we don't have the coaching to develop a QB who needs a lot of work.

            I know Winston throws picks, but he also puts the ball in the end zone unlike Lock.

            To be clear, I don't think we must get him, but I think it wouldn't hurt to take a look and consider if Lock continues to struggle.
            i think that is debatable. from what i have seen of Winston. his picks are to painful. you can't expect to keep a job throwing 30 ints., ya he may have pop off moments. but they are not enough to consistantly win in the nfl. he was also surrounded by one of the more talented WR groups in the nfl. and had better weapons then lock. so i don't thjink this is fair. i also think in a different offense with less weapons or developing weapons he would not have had as many TDs. I think i would for sure take Wilson or Trask over Winston. Winston will have to get into a position as a back up and earn it back as a starter. i am definitelly not bringing him in to start any where. he has not really grown sense he left college.
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

            Comment


            • #7
              I would bring Winston in for sure 100% if not for anything to push Drew for the Starting Job.

              Comment


              • #8
                Not at all there will be better options, options that would tell what Elway's plans are overall.
                sigpic
                Adopted Broncos:
                EmmanuelSanders

                Comment


                • #9
                  There’s no way we would be able to sign Winston to the extremely-cheap deal he took with the Saints. With that being said, I think he is definitely a starting-caliber QB in the NFL and I believe he would actually be a good fit for Shurmur’s vertical scheme.
                  2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                  Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    After Lawrence and Fields, there is no QB in this draft worth us taking.

                    If we're rolling with Lock, build the rest of the team.

                    Winston was just an option I'd consider, price depending. And I'd rather have him than any of the project QB's in the draft.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                      After Lawrence and Fields, there is no QB in this draft worth us taking.

                      If we're rolling with Lock, build the rest of the team.

                      Winston was just an option I'd consider, price depending. And I'd rather have him than any of the project QB's in the draft.
                      I think Zach Wilson looks worth taking. He is gonna be a good qb in the nfl.
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If the eagles let wentz up for auction. That is the play
                        So far:
                        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by underrated29 View Post
                          If the eagles let wentz up for auction. That is the play
                          Wentz looks absolutely awful. I don’t think the 2017 MVP-caliber version of him is ever coming back.

                          I would rather give up a mid-round pick and take a chance on salvaging Sam Darnold’s career than taking on a massive contract in Wentz.
                          2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                          Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                            Wentz looks absolutely awful. I don’t think the 2017 MVP-caliber version of him is ever coming back.

                            I would rather give up a mid-round pick and take a chance on salvaging Sam Darnold’s career than taking on a massive contract in Wentz.
                            His current numbers look about as bad as his rookie year for sure, but the previous three years are decent. For OC's he has had Frank Reich, Al Groh, and this year a new system split under Press Taylor as Passing game coordinator/quarterbacks and T. J. Paganetti as running game coordinator.

                            Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Again if we trade for a QB, would rather it be Darnold or Rosen(would be a very cheap option). Would they challenge Lock than bring in Winston and just be ok with a QB who throws as many picks as touchdowns, and Wentz is just not good anymore for whatever reason. Maybe a change in scenery would help. But I still think Darnold could be the best option for Denver as a whole. Jets finish last, they will shop him and take Trevor.
                              sigpic
                              Adopted Broncos:
                              EmmanuelSanders

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X