2021 QB Draft/Free Agency Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 QB Draft/Free Agency Options?

So who are the QB prospects for the 2021 Draft?

Who are the prospects for a Blockbuster Trade?

This team is going to have to do SOMETHING.

Could we trade for a Matt Ryan? Justin Herbert?
    and would the asking price be worth it at this point?

I could part with a pair of #1’s for Herbert. Maybe Von too.

If we don’t do a trade for a QB we are gonna have to facilitate moving up to take someone. The past 5 years can’t keep repeating themselves.
    Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Why would the chargers part with a kid that looks like a franchise qb to a division rival, that wont ever happen.

Ryan may be a bit more realistic but he is an Alanta Falcon icon. and probably the best QB they have had. i doubt we could get him.

best we could probably do in a trade is Stafford or Darnold and i don't think either would be for sure an upgrade to Lock. Darnold has looked outright bad this season. he has not developed or grown much, now he has had a terrible coach and no weapons or anything really around. his offense players are probably some of the worst in the league. plus i hear he may take a second or third round pick to get. which i don't feel would be worth it at all. he is young and could turn it around, but he is a huge risk. Stafford 5-6 years ago i would love. i think he can still be a good qB in this league. he has been good for the Lions with a terrible supporting cast. terrible coaching. but he is and looks like he is on the down side of his career. so he would probably be at best a Stopgap option. this move would remind me of when we traded for Flacco. Stafford is better then Flacco, but this year he has looked to decline.

We could look into the draft but that would probably require us to trade up for a top prospect or take a guy like Lance Trask Jones or Daniels. 2 i don't believe are first round talents in Daniels and Jones. Lance looks like he could be a real deal but he is a project player at QB, he has all the tools you want in a QB, but he comes from an offense thats for him is he takes the first read and if it s not open run with it. the offense also cuts the field in half, so he reads half the field and then takes of and runs with it. this wont be sucessful for the nfl. i like Trask the most out of these guys at this point. the real problem is how high is upside. he has an Average arm by nfl standards, his Accuracy looks around the same. he is a okay Athlete but not a great one. he reminds me alot of the first round busts out there. outside of Justin Fields and Trevor Lawrence i am not convinced there is an upgrade to him. and to get either of those 2 we would have to hope that the bengals can jump Jacksonville and then offer them probably 3 first rounders to get him. also there is Wilson who has looked the part at BYU but has played against competition that worst them him currently and we would probably have to jump to like 3 to get him which would cost a lot.

right now i kind of like the idea of taking a high upside guy in the mid round and running another year with lock. if he under-preforms, or plays like this season then we can move on from him. there are a lot of talented QB prospects through these next 2-3 drafts i like and i don't feel trading up for QB would be the move. it feels like hitting the panic button. and if we don't take the time develop QB. most will fail here.

Either way i am not sure this team is 1 piece away from being a Legit contender so i think trading up would be a best move. plus this looks like it will be a strong class for OT so i would rather go there. get some one that can act as an insurance policy for James maybe even push him for a starting spot.
    sigpic
    oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Comment

If we go the veteran route I think trading multiple 1st's for Rodgers might be what we end up doing. I think Matt Ryan would be Flacco 2.0. Probably not the biggest upgrade over what we've seen from Lock.

My gut says we still roll with Lock next season but we will draft a QB in rounds 2-5 that will legitimately push Lock. We did a bad job getting a quality backup this season, we can't afford to go into next year with subpar options at QB 2 if Lock continues to be below average.

Really disappointed in what I've seen from Lock this season. Thought he was going to take step towards the top tier of QB's in the league and right now I honestly see some scenarios where he isn't on the roster after this upcoming off season. Who knows, hopefully he turns it around.

A book I wrote

Comment

If we go the aging veteran QB route again, I might just cry. Ask Lions fans, ask Falcons fans— they know their QB is past their prime. Another stopgap solution or “bridge” vet is just hurting this young, talented team’s long-term outlook.

IMO, the QBs that could end up going in the first round (so far) are Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Kyle Trask, and Mac Jones. I personally think the first four of these guys could end up going Top 10– and just so happen to be the trade-up worthy prospects (again, IMO).

We are not trading Von Miller.

But I agree though, we need to be aggressive this upcoming offseason. So far Drew Lock has had a bigger sample size to evaluate from than Paxton Lynch. He’s shown more promise and flashes of talent, yes, but can we win consistently because of him going forward? I don’t think so. I do hope Lock plays well to finish out the season. It’s just that being in the AFC West with the league MVP Patrick Mahomes and rising rookie star Justin Herbert, we can’t settle for someone who is so inconsistent as a starter in the NFL. And even if Lock does improve, the question is “how much?”— to me, “good enough” isn’t good enough to beat our division rivals.

The bottom-line is that 2021 is looking to be a very strong QB class at the top. This may be the last time we pick this high. It’s time to swing for the fences. Since Elway took over, we’ve drafted Osweiler in the late 2nd, Lynch in the late 1st, and Lock with an early 2nd. We’ve never invested a top-15 pick in a QB. We need genuine star power at the most important position in football. We don’t need another Day 2 QB project with “tools”.
        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
        Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

sure. We are within range of fields or trev we will. If not, maybe a mid round qb.

Expect them to keep building around lock.

Look for a LB, cb, de/olb, T, C.

Those are our biggest needs (which is remarkably low). If we land 2 of those in FA, the first 3 licks can be had on the others.

Casey and likely bouye will be gone freeing up about 20mil.
          So far:
          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Not feeling any of the QBs outside of Fields and Lawrence as far as first round grades. The next batch is being pushed up by virtue of position and untapped potential. None of them offer an immediate upgrade to Lock in my eyes so it’d probably be more beneficial to build the rest of the team.

Although I will say Jamie Newman is a guy I like in the middle of the draft as well as D’Eriq King late in the draft.

Comment

What’s the downside to Mac Jones?
              Super Bowl XXXII, XXXIII & 50 Champs

Comment

We will probably get a top 10 pick in the draft. Get in position to take Zach Wilson, he already looks better than Lock in terms of proper mechanics and reads.

Comment

Originally posted by Safety View Post
                  What’s the downside to Mac Jones?
                  1 year starter and average arm strength. He has alot to still learn
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by kapzk View Post
                    We will probably get a top 10 pick in the draft. Get in position to take Zach Wilson, he already looks better than Lock in terms of proper mechanics and reads.
                    Dane Brugler with The Athletic thinks Wilson will be the second overall pick. He's skyrocketing up boards.

I'm also not sure Denver ends up with a top 10 pick, they're currently in position to pick 12th and they'll probably win a couple of more games. There are too many bad teams in better draft position than Denver that it'll be too tough to pass.

Comment

Just my own personal thoughts based on nothing but what I'd love to see, but the QB the Broncos should be talking to (through back channels) is Andrew Luck. Get Peyton to start working him over, talking about the benefits of playing in Denver and coming back after getting fully healthy.

It would take Denver trading for his rights, and it's unlikely that he'll actually entertain coming back to the NFL, but that's the one high quality veteran that could change the fortunes of a team overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post
                        Just my own personal thoughts based on nothing but what I'd love to see, but the QB the Broncos should be talking to (through back channels) is Andrew Luck. Get Peyton to start working him over, talking about the benefits of playing in Denver and coming back after getting fully healthy.

It would take Denver trading for his rights, and it's unlikely that he'll actually entertain coming back to the NFL, but that's the one high quality veteran that could change the fortunes of a team overnight.
                        I don't see us in the top QB draftees category, as there are several teams who will draft ahead (it appears) and they will go QB - Jets, Jags, Washington. So it's at least round two and beyond if we want to max our draft value.

Of the current NFLers, I would not go with Ryan or Stafford.....both on the downside, And I don't see Rodgers coming here. Herbert will NOT be available. But your choice of Luck is interesting to me, even though I doubt he comes back, and to us. But yeah, he'd be a nice "prospect".

Comment

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

There’s also the Stanford connection between him and Elway. If he does come back outside of the Colts I think we make the most sense. But at that point it’ll just extend this game of kick the can. Luck will be 32 next season and wasn’t the picture of health when he did play. He would definitely vault us into contender status however

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

There’s also the Stanford connection between him and Elway. If he does come back outside of the Colts I think we make the most sense. But at that point it’ll just extend this game of kick the can. Luck will be 32 next season and wasn’t the picture of health when he did play. He would definitely vault us into contender status however
                            Oh there are connections, but Denver needs to people not associated with the team in any official position working him and trying to make it work.

I don't think he'd be kicking the can down the road because he'd probably play for 4 or 5 more years. That's a full contract for a 1st round pick, so I think of it as buying a generation of good QB play.

But again I don't think there's any chance it actually happens. I think he's going to stay retired.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I don't see us in the top QB draftees category, as there are several teams who will draft ahead (it appears) and they will go QB - Jets, Jags, Washington. So it's at least round two and beyond if we want to max our draft value.

Of the current NFLers, I would not go with Ryan or Stafford.....both on the downside, And I don't see Rodgers coming here. Herbert will NOT be available. But your choice of Luck is interesting to me, even though I doubt he comes back, and to us. But yeah, he'd be a nice "prospect".
                              Rodger sis going nowhere for a few more seasons. Herbert is going nowhere for probably 5-10 years. Stafford is a decent option, but I'm not sure he's that much of an upgrade for $20+ million and the picks it'll cost. Matt Ryan would cost the Falcons more to trade than to keep, he's not going anywhere for another year, and he's not much of an upgrade for price in salary and picks.

Comment

Working...
                              X