2021 QB Draft/Free Agency Options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Butler By'Note View Post

Dane Brugler with The Athletic thinks Wilson will be the second overall pick. He's skyrocketing up boards.

I'm also not sure Denver ends up with a top 10 pick, they're currently in position to pick 12th and they'll probably win a couple of more games. There are too many bad teams in better draft position than Denver that it'll be too tough to pass.
    Yikes. That guy reminds me of a bigger, less accurate Johnny Manziel. He's probably got his stuff together though, unlike Johnny.

Comment

Rodger sis going nowhere for a few more seasons. Herbert is going nowhere for probably 5-10 years. Stafford is a decent option, but I'm not sure he's that much of an upgrade for $20+ million and the picks it'll cost. Matt Ryan would cost the Falcons more to trade than to keep, he's not going anywhere for another year, and he's not much of an upgrade for price in salary and picks.
      Yeah, I'm good on Stafford. If, for nothing else, the injury concerns. Plus, we'd have to give stuff away on top of paying him. Much rather give Lock a chance. Two years ago was a different story for me as far as Stafford goes. Ryan and Rodgers is a pipe dream. Herbert...please. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

Yikes. That guy reminds me of a bigger, less accurate Johnny Manziel. He's probably got his stuff together though, unlike Johnny.
        Less accurate? Have you watched him this year? Wilson is completing 74% of his passes this year. And he's making reads and putting the ball in tight windows while throwing with anticipation. Manziel just threw it up to Mike Evans all the time.

Although I'm certainly biased because I think Wilson will end up being the best QB in this draft relative to the hype. Lawrence may be the best QB, but he won't live up to the massive hype that's been built up around him. And I'm actually not even sure Lawrence enters this draft, I think he may go back for 2021 to avoid the Jets.

Comment

Less accurate? Have you watched him this year? Wilson is completing 74% of his passes this year. And he's making reads and putting the ball in tight windows while throwing with anticipation. Manziel just threw it up to Mike Evans all the time.

Although I'm certainly biased because I think Wilson will end up being the best QB in this draft relative to the hype. Lawrence may be the best QB, but he won't live up to the massive hype that's been built up around him. And I'm actually not even sure Lawrence enters this draft, I think he may go back for 2021 to avoid the Jets.
          I won't argue with the making reads and just throwing it up to Evans part. Manziel was the stare down king, and Evans bailed him out a lot. What I mean is, watch Manziel against SEC comp. It's still on YouTube. Watch him throw the ball downfield. Then watch Wilson throw it. Manziel's ball placement was more consistent, IMO. But, you know. That's just my opinion and stuff.

If I was Lawrence, I would contact the Jets somehow and tell them if they don't fire Gase, I'm out.
          Last edited by Spice 1; 12-01-2020, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

I won't argue with the making reads and just throwing it up to Evans part. Manziel was the stare down king, and Evans bailed him out a lot. What I mean is, watch Manziel against SEC comp. It's still on YouTube. Watch him throw the ball downfield. Then watch Wilson throw it. Manziel's ball placement was more consistent, IMO. But, you know. That's just my opinion and stuff.

If I was Lawrence, I would contact the Jets somehow and tell them if they don't fire Gase, I'm out.
            And it's a fair opinion you have, just one we disagree on.

I can't see any scenario where Gase is back in New York next year. But the dysfunction in that organization is strong, they're going to need to burn it to the ground and restart to get things going forward.

Comment

Rodger sis going nowhere for a few more seasons. Herbert is going nowhere for probably 5-10 years. Stafford is a decent option, but I'm not sure he's that much of an upgrade for $20+ million and the picks it'll cost. Matt Ryan would cost the Falcons more to trade than to keep, he's not going anywhere for another year, and he's not much of an upgrade for price in salary and picks.
              So it's this dude....

Poor guy. If you could read his mind on this play, it probably goes something like, "what the heck am I doing here?"

Comment

And it's a fair opinion you have, just one we disagree on.

I can't see any scenario where Gase is back in New York next year. But the dysfunction in that organization is strong, they're going to need to burn it to the ground and restart to get things going forward.
                I will say this though, the change from last year to this year is somewhat dramatic.

Too bad we don't need a tight end right now. I'm watching Wilson games, and Matt Bushman is killing people.

Comment

Not a good showing at all for zach....and a lot of people was saying BYU was good and they loss to cc....smh and he looked bad in doing it. Im NOT gonna write him off just yet but just saying not a good look.....wondering how he would look vs SEC def.....

"I'm E2DE2DS and I approve this message 👌"
                  Last edited by Ear2dastreets; 12-05-2020, 07:10 PM.
                  Until we get a TRUE qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message!

Comment

I don't want any QB in this draft after Lawrence and Fields.

We need a franchise QB prospect, not another project.

If we're stuck with Lock, build up the rest of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                      I don't want any QB in this draft after Lawrence and Fields.

We need a franchise QB prospect, not another project.

If we're stuck with Lock, build up the rest of the team.
                      No qb comes from college to the nfl as a finish prospect. Every one even the best franchise qbs where a project and had to improve things about there games.
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm
                      latavis murray trade bait

Comment

I think tonight's showing vs the Chiefs will determine Lock's fate.
                        I know COVID ruined alot of things with training camp and getting acclimated to a new playbook but we have yet to see progress on any front in his game this season which is very concerning.
                        I'd take Trey Lance or Zach Wilson over Lock right now for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by kapzk View Post
                          I think tonight's showing vs the Chiefs will determine Lock's fate.
                          I know COVID ruined alot of things with training camp and getting acclimated to a new playbook but we have yet to see progress on any front in his game this season which is very concerning.
                          I'd take Trey Lance or Zach Wilson over Lock right now for sure.
                          It wont and the broncos would not.

If we have a shot at TL or Fields, maybe. If not, it will be lock for next year. The broncos do not make rash decisions nor put the fate on any player with less than 16 games.

Be prepared for Lock next year even after we get destroyed tonight.
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

No qb comes from college to the nfl as a finish prospect. Every one even the best franchise qbs where a project and had to improve things about there games.
                            But there is a huge difference between a guy like Lawrence or Fields compared to the rest. They are way closer to being a finished product and they almost always don't have the poor mechanics and fundamentals that we're seeing in Lock, who is just like the rest of the QB prospects in this draft.

Comment

I'm sick of project QB's.

Lock, Tebow, Osweiler, Lynch, etc.

It's got to stop. This organization doesn't have the people in place to develop such a prospect.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by sra84 View Post

But there is a huge difference between a guy like Lawrence or Fields compared to the rest. They are way closer to being a finished product and they almost always don't have the poor mechanics and fundamentals that we're seeing in Lock, who is just like the rest of the QB prospects in this draft.
                                that is debatable. saying Wilson or Trask has poor Mechanics makes me think you never watched them or anything. the only knock on Wilson is the competition he plays. and Trask is an Average athlete with average arm strength. but there mechanics are pretty good.
                                sigpic
                                oakland raders gm
                                latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Working...
                                X