Dream a little dream! MOCK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream a little dream! MOCK

Ok, so I’m completely over this season and this teams current make up. So here is not what I think will happen but what I wish would happen. It’s not so far fetched but just imagine;

1. The NFL forces the sale of the team (why not, they forced them to play yesterday with no QB)

2. The new owner wants to clean house (not so much on the field but more in the front office) so he fires Ellis, Elway, and virtually everyone else including coaching staff (with one exception, which I’ll get to a little later.)

3. A while new front office gets put into place, won’t speculate on names but it gets done.

4. We hire a new coach, and that mans name is Lincoln Riley. I’m sick of inept offense, we’ve invested heavily on this side of the ball and need to quit wasting it with Fangio and Shurmur. Riley is a brilliant young mind and will give us an exciting offense to watch with all of the talent he has to work with.

5. Riley wants to retain Fangio as the DC. Denver pony’s up the greenbacks and makes Vic one of the top paid DCs in the league.

Roster;

Denver trades RB Melvin Gordon to Buffalo for a 6th round pick.

Denver signs and trades WR Tim Patrick for a 5th round pick.

Denver resigns the following pending Free Agents;

RB Philip Lindsay (2nd rd tender)
    RT Demar Dotson (1 year deal)
    LB A.J. Johnson (2nd rd tender)
    CB DeVante Bausby (1 year deal)
    S Justin Simmons (5 year 75 mill deal)

Denver let’s these players walk;

QB Jeff Driskel (cut)
    RT Juwuan James (cut)
    DT Shelby Harris (FA, can’t afford)
    DT DeMarcus Walker (FA)
    CB A.J. Bouye (cut, overpaid and overrated)

Denver Restructures DT Jurrell Casey’s contract to free up cap space.

Denver does NOT spend big in Free Agency, they make a handful of mid-tier signings mostly for depth and competition. Saving money for our big push in 2022.

Draft:

Riley will want his own cornerstone QB. So he trades up to nab QB Trey Lance. Right away there’s an open battle between Lance and Lock.

Rest of draft we add some Tackle help on offense and CB help on defense.

This roster has very few holes and after a season under their belts they can go big in 2022.

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Ok, so I’m completely over this season and this teams current make up. So here is not what I think will happen but what I wish would happen. It’s not so far fetched but just imagine;

1. The NFL forces the sale of the team (why not, they forced them to play yesterday with no QB)

2. The new owner wants to clean house (not so much on the field but more in the front office) so he fires Ellis, Elway, and virtually everyone else including coaching staff (with one exception, which I’ll get to a little later.)

3. A while new front office gets put into place, won’t speculate on names but it gets done.

4. We hire a new coach, and that mans name is Lincoln Riley. I’m sick of inept offense, we’ve invested heavily on this side of the ball and need to quit wasting it with Fangio and Shurmur. Riley is a brilliant young mind and will give us an exciting offense to watch with all of the talent he has to work with.

5. Riley wants to retain Fangio as the DC. Denver pony’s up the greenbacks and makes Vic one of the top paid DCs in the league.

Roster;

Denver trades RB Melvin Gordon to Buffalo for a 6th round pick.

Denver signs and trades WR Tim Patrick for a 5th round pick.

Denver resigns the following pending Free Agents;

RB Philip Lindsay (2nd rd tender)
    RT Demar Dotson (1 year deal)
    LB A.J. Johnson (2nd rd tender)
    CB DeVante Bausby (1 year deal)
    S Justin Simmons (5 year 75 mill deal)

Denver let’s these players walk;

QB Jeff Driskel (cut)
    RT Juwuan James (cut)
    DT Shelby Harris (FA, can’t afford)
    DT DeMarcus Walker (FA)
    CB A.J. Bouye (cut, overpaid and overrated)

Denver Restructures DT Jurrell Casey’s contract to free up cap space.

Denver does NOT spend big in Free Agency, they make a handful of mid-tier signings mostly for depth and competition. Saving money for our big push in 2022.

Draft:

Riley will want his own cornerstone QB. So he trades up to nab QB Trey Lance. Right away there’s an open battle between Lance and Lock.

Rest of draft we add some Tackle help on offense and CB help on defense.

This roster has very few holes and after a season under their belts they can go big in 2022.
    While I wouldn't mind getting rid of James, the dead cap for cutting him next year is $19M so he'll probably have one last chance to play. They really should draft a tackle too though.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Couple of things:
      -You’re not cutting James because you’d have to eat $19m.
      -Von Miller contract needs to be extended to lower his cap because he’s due something around $22m but only has $4m guaranteed. If not, I can see a scenario where he is traded.
      - I can see Bouye getting cut or traded but we would have to replace him somehow.

In my dream world, Denver tries to extend Sutton cheap now.

Comment

Working...
      X