QB Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QB Options

Let’s go over some realistic( as of rn) chances of QBs that could become available either through trade, released/FA, or draft.

-Wentz: getting benched last game. Hasn’t looked good all year but is surrounded by a horrible team. Would the Eagles be willing to eat the cap if Hurts shows promise? It was only a couple years ago he was on a MVP pace type season. Maybe a new scenery does him good.

-Stafford: little dead cap. A lot of whispers that they may be moving on from Stafford after this year. We all heard his Wife wanting out of Detroit.

-Sam Darnold: another guy that wasn’t given much of a chance with the Jets. Horrible talent around him with possibly one of the worst Hc of all time. Do we take the chance on him?

- Going all in to draft Justin Fields or Wilson? Do we send the farm to possibly get the franchise guy? Do we go after one of these guys knowing Denver’s staff isn’t the greatest at helping/molding QBs?

-Lock: do we still with Lock knowing his cap is low, won’t cost us picks, and hope that he grows next year? One thing to keep in mind is we have Sutton, Lindsey, Simmons, Chubb, and Shelby all needing new contracts within the next year or two.

-Somebody else that I didn’t mentioned?

​​Maybe Daniel Jones could be added to the list. He's a guy who would be intriguing to me. He looked much better under Shurmer and his athleticism really surprises me.

The Giants may not even be considering a change but they are in a position like we are. This is a draft to make a move if your going to.

I have been really disappointed with Lock, but we are not invested a whole lot into him. A QB competition is probably the best thing for him and for us. Let's get another young guy in here via draft or FA and let's see who is the better QB. Maybe Lock makes a significant jump in year three, maybe he makes a fine backup. But imo we need to take advantage of the QB contract situation we have right now and go for another one under a rookie deal.

Comment

I've said it before that we shouldn't be against letting Josh Rosen compete for the starting job here. He's still only 23 and could be a player who just needs to be in the right location and given a chance. Him and Lock have very close career stats with Rosen playing 6 total games more than Drew.(He's only started 16 games, Drew has started 14) And it can be argued that Miami never gave Rosen a chance, and Cardinals were very bad, it was not a good mix. He went from Steve Wilks as his head coach to rookie head coach from College football, Kliff Kingsbury...whom didn't even want Rosen. He wanted Kyler, Rosen went to trash can Miami and didn't really get a chance. And now he's sitting under Tom Brady.

I'd say a healthy Broncos offense would be the best team Rosen would have the chance to QB for.

Will say Rosen is third on my list for NFL QB targets with Darnold and Dak ahead of him.
      sigpic
      Adopted Broncos:
      EmmanuelSanders

Comment

With all of our homegrown talent needing to be re-signed within the next few years, a QB on a rookie contract would be a blessing.

I don’t want a vet who will easily cost us $25-30M+ per year. Stafford has looked better since Patricia left but I don’t trust him with Denver long-term. Wentz looks like damaged goods. Darnold is cheap (probably would cost a mid-round pick) and would be interesting but he’s pretty much level with Lock statistically.

We’re on track to pick top 10. We’ve never taken a QB in the top half of the first round since Elway took over. Enough with the athletic projects that we’ve taken in the late 1st (Lynch), early 2nd (Lock), and late 2nd (Osweiler). Time to swing for the fences on a top talent (Wilson, Lance, Trask, or even Jones). I doubt we have the ammo to convince NYJ/JAX to trade with us. But even then just because we don’t land those Tier 1 guys like Lawrence and Fields, doesn’t mean that Wilson or Lance are “consolation prizes”. They are studs. They are stars. I think they could become franchise QBs sooner than later.
        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
        Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
          I've said it before that we shouldn't be against letting Josh Rosen compete for the starting job here. He's still only 23 and could be a player who just needs to be in the right location and given a chance. Him and Lock have very close career stats with Rosen playing 6 total games more than Drew.(He's only started 16 games, Drew has started 14) And it can be argued that Miami never gave Rosen a chance, and Cardinals were very bad, it was not a good mix. He went from Steve Wilks as his head coach to rookie head coach from College football, Kliff Kingsbury...whom didn't even want Rosen. He wanted Kyler, Rosen went to trash can Miami and didn't really get a chance. And now he's sitting under Tom Brady.

I'd say a healthy Broncos offense would be the best team Rosen would have the chance to QB for.

Will say Rosen is third on my list for NFL QB targets with Darnold and Dak ahead of him.
          Two more to go for a season's worth of experience.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
            With all of our homegrown talent needing to be re-signed within the next few years, a QB on a rookie contract would be a blessing.

I don’t want a vet who will easily cost us $25-30M+ per year. Stafford has looked better since Patricia left but I don’t trust him with Denver long-term. Wentz looks like damaged goods. Darnold is cheap (probably would cost a mid-round pick) and would be interesting but he’s pretty much level with Lock statistically.

We’re on track to pick top 10. We’ve never taken a QB in the top half of the first round since Elway took over. Enough with the athletic projects that we’ve taken in the late 1st (Lynch), early 2nd (Lock), and late 2nd (Osweiler). Time to swing for the fences on a top talent (Wilson, Lance, Trask, or even Jones). I doubt we have the ammo to convince NYJ/JAX to trade with us. But even then just because we don’t land those Tier 1 guys like Lawrence and Fields, doesn’t mean that Wilson or Lance are “consolation prizes”. They are studs. They are stars. I think they could become franchise QBs sooner than later.
            I get it. I expect Lock to be our quarterback next season though. Give me Jaycee Horn. I get why people like Wilson. He does some things that Murray, Wilson, and Mahomes do, and it's easy to get excited about that. I actually like Lance's unique upside, and I get visions of what he could be. I hate to say it, but Jones actually impresses me a little more than I want an Alabama quarterback to. I just don't see the them trying to replace Lock this offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post

Two more to go for a season's worth of experience.
              Personally, I'm waiting three, because one of those games (@PITT) was just two series in the 1st quarter before he went out –not much to write home to momma about on that one.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

Stafford - no will be looking for another qb in three years.

Wentz- don't want hi. And he won't be available the would be 60 mil va their cap...he $100 will be playing for the eagles even if he is a back up.

Darnold- idk... he may can work. He had no offense to be fair but he makes bad decisions too.

Lock- if we want another top 10 pick sure keep him next year too.

Daniel jones- really???? Ima act like i didn't see that nonsense .

Drafr- all for it but only two is worth top ten pick. kyle, Wilson, and trey will all be true projects "as of now"

" I'm E2DS and I approve this message 👌"
                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Wentz- don't want hi. And he won't be available the would be 60 mil va their cap...he $100 will be playing for the eagles even if he is a back up.

Darnold- idk... he may can work. He had no offense to be fair but he makes bad decisions too.

Drafr- all for it but only two is worth top ten pick. kyle, Wilson, and trey will all be true projects "as of now"

i don't know how much Trask is a Project, i feel more he is a really good QB that is limited by his average arm strength and ball placement.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm
                  latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by L.M. View Post

Personally, I'm waiting three, because one of those games (@PITT) was just two series in the 1st quarter before he went out –not much to write home to momma about on that one.
                    Good point.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

i don't know how much Trask is a Project, i feel more he is a really good QB that is limited by his average arm strength and ball placement.
                      He is a project. He needs to be with a system that heavily utilize their rbs in the passing game. If not avg qb.

"I'm E2DS and I approve this message 👌"
                      Last edited by Ear2dastreets; 12-07-2020, 05:08 PM.
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post

I get it. I expect Lock to be our quarterback next season though. Give me Jaycee Horn. I get why people like Wilson. He does some things that Murray, Wilson, and Mahomes do, and it's easy to get excited about that. I actually like Lance's unique upside, and I get visions of what he could be. I hate to say it, but Jones actually impresses me a little more than I want an Alabama quarterback to. I just don't see the them trying to replace Lock this offseason.
                        I have an underlying feeling that it will likely play out this way, so I should probably not be disappointed when it does. I’m talking more about Lock as our starting QB in 2021 than I am about Horn. I think Horn is a stud and he’s my favorite corner in this draft in front of Adebo (who I think we may target in the 2nd). The emergence of Herbert for LAC this season has made me rethink how I look at QBs. I didn’t think he was pro-ready coming into this season, but he’s been brilliant. It makes me think high ceiling guys like Lance or Wilson could have success immediately. I love those two prospects in Shurmur’s offense, honestly.
                        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
                        Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
                          I have an underlying feeling that it will likely play out this way, so I should probably not be disappointed when it does. I’m talking more about Lock as our starting QB in 2021 than I am about Horn. I think Horn is a stud and he’s my favorite corner in this draft in front of Adebo (who I think we may target in the 2nd). The emergence of Herbert for LAC this season has made me rethink how I look at QBs. I didn’t think he was pro-ready coming into this season, but he’s been brilliant. It makes me think high ceiling guys like Lance or Wilson could have success immediately. I love those two prospects in Shurmur’s offense, honestly.
                          I really do like Lance, because I think you can manufacture an offense for him to have success while he develops. Not really like Prescott, because I think Prescott was way more polished, but more like Jackson. The big hang up for me on these guys is the competition.

I talked myself out of Herbert, because I put too much stock in him and not Oregon sucking. I really liked him coming out as a junior, but after watching him as a senior, I just assumed that he was always going to make these bad reads/decisions with the ball. I think it was more about how bad Oregon was. Now that he's in the NFL, and has elite route runner in Allen, really good TE in Henry, and a great contested catch receiver in Williams, I see the things I really liked about him. Primarily his pocket awareness and ability to negotiate the pocket with his eyes downfield. He's very accurate, can throw with anticipation, and has a good arm. He's a good athlete who's not a statue, and he can kill you if you blitz him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

So your solution? Or there isn’t a solution this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Murph2432 View Post

So your solution? Or there isn’t a solution this year?
                              I can say yet it all depends on where we draft. I honestly can say yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X