Moving onto Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving onto Free Agency

With one game left in the season I got sad once again for the 5th season in a row. This is the time I usually look at potential free agents that could come in and help. Lots of good names this year. With some hits here and another solid draft we might do a lot better than we might expect. By position I’ll name some of the guys who I think would upgrade there respective positions if signed. Don’t know any of the cap situation or anything but I’ll go in order by need.

2021 Free Agent Wishlist

CB: Shaquil Griffin, Kevin King, William Jackson III, (RFA) J.C. Jackson

SS: Keanu Neal, Marcus Maye

MLB: Lavonte David, Rueben Foster, Denzel Perryman

DL: Leonard Williams, Solomon Thomas, Larry Ogunjobi

WR: Curtis Samuel, Will Fuller, Corey Davis, Kenny Golladay

These are just 5 needs I think should be filled. Would be ideal to get 2-3 of these positions filled with some of these guys. Obviously I prefer defensive free agent signings because I feel we are older on that side of the ball.
    "Dwight Howard On The Post Dog!!"

Feel free to post your thoughts and opinions. Gonna be a long off season.

Comment

I honestly haven’t even looked at the impending FA market just because we have some guys of our own to make important decisions on.

FS Justin Simmons - UFA
      DL Shelby Harris - UFA
      LB Alexander Johnson - RFA
      RB Phillip Lindsay - RFA
      WR Tim Patrick - RFA

Also keep an eye on these potential cap casualties:

CB AJ Bouye - saves $13.3M
      DL Jurrell Casey - saves $11.8M
      SS Kareem Jackson - saves $10.0M

I don’t even want to mention Von Miller here but for those that are curious, we would save $18.0M if we don’t pick up his option for next year.

With that being said, a few of the names you listed do intrigue me. Fuller would be a match-made in heaven with Lock in Shurmur’s offense— but I think the staff is keen on developing our rookies, which is fine because they have higher long-term upside and cost much, much less than Fuller.
      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

We need to lock up Harris and Sutton and with Sutton, fuller wouldn’t be needed.

We should also allow Von, Lindsay and Simmons walk. No need yo break the bank when we have so many holes to fill however as many of you know, free agency comes and goes in Denver and its nothing but doldrums. Then Elway will sign all the lefts over about three weeks later.
        Geez I hope Jeff Heuerman, Adam Gotsis, and Cody Lattimer aren’t available at that time.
        sigpic

Comment

Starting with our FA:
          Simmons will get a long term deal even though I don’t like the idea.

Von should restructure his deal to lower his cap. In all honestly, Von doesn’t have much leverage considering he has very little dead cap and no other team is going to offer him $20+ next season. I’m think in the range of $10-15m

I really want Shelby back but I def can see him getting paid this offseason. More than we are willing to pay.

I think Lindsey will be back on $4m per year.

Bouye should be cut.

Jackson will prob be cut( assuming we re-sign Simmons. If not, I think he’d be cut. )

I think we play out Casey contract. We are going to need the bodies on the front line this year. Especially if Shelby leaves.

Depending on where we draft. If we lose we are guaranteed top 10 pick. You would have to think we go CB here. CB, MLB, and T would be my biggest needs in order. If we can somehow get a top 6 pick, something tells me we much send a package to move up for a QB like Fields. Just a gut feeling.

Comment

Kareem has been really good at ss and I think we keep work on developing our young wrs
            sigpic
            oakland raders gm
            latavis murray trade bait

Comment

Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
              I honestly haven’t even looked at the impending FA market just because we have some guys of our own to make important decisions on.

FS Justin Simmons - UFA
              DL Shelby Harris - UFA
              LB Alexander Johnson - RFA
              RB Phillip Lindsay - RFA
              WR Tim Patrick - RFA

Also keep an eye on these potential cap casualties:

CB AJ Bouye - saves $13.3M
              DL Jurrell Casey - saves $11.8M
              SS Kareem Jackson - saves $10.0M

I don’t even want to mention Von Miller here but for those that are curious, we would save $18.0M if we don’t pick up his option for next year.

With that being said, a few of the names you listed do intrigue me. Fuller would be a match-made in heaven with Lock in Shurmur’s offense— but I think the staff is keen on developing our rookies, which is fine because they have higher long-term upside and cost much, much less than Fuller.
              Very true need to worry about our guys first..

I would be fine with cutting Jackson and Bouye. Possibly keeping Casey. Getting Von to lower his cap could be key.

In my opinion we should resign Simmons, Patrick, Lindsay, Harris. Hopefully make some moves this offseason to improve the football team because as of right now we do not have enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post
                We need to lock up Harris and Sutton and with Sutton, fuller wouldn’t be needed.

We should also allow Von, Lindsay and Simmons walk. No need yo break the bank when we have so many holes to fill however as many of you know, free agency comes and goes in Denver and its nothing but doldrums. Then Elway will sign all the lefts over about three weeks later.
                Geez I hope Jeff Heuerman, Adam Gotsis, and Cody Lattimer aren’t available at that time.
                So true man... Elway always sleeping in on the first round of free agency. Go spend some money and make us better!!!

Comment

Looks like we can sign Dewayne Haskins now.

Comment

Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post
                    Looks like we can sign Dewayne Haskins now.
                    I actually wanted us to draft him lol

Comment

Man that draft class was horrible compared to this last year. Murray looks good, but Lock, Jones, Haskins, not a strong group. I wonder if Haskins had something else going on behind the scenes, because I don't think his play warranted him being cut, especially when you have no other potential future options. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                        Man that draft class was horrible compared to this last year. Murray looks good, but Lock, Jones, Haskins, not a strong group. I wonder if Haskins had something else going on behind the scenes, because I don't think his play warranted him being cut, especially when you have no other potential future options. Interesting.
                        Yeah the dude had strippers at a house party without a mask. He should’ve known there was gonna be photos. Then played bad with division on the line. I wouldn’t mind bringing him in for competition. I’m sure he would do better throwing to our guys compared to Washington. All they really have is Mclaurin and a couple RBs.
                        Last edited by JSwint22; 12-28-2020, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Haskins is Jrussel 2.0 so I think we should steer clear of that one. I do whatever it takes to keep Harris in our building. Hes earned it and dude is selfless. Guys can learn a lot about him. Aka you Mr James. Dude played for us even when expecting his son. If our goal is to keep high character guys we don't let him walk.

I'm of the mind of letting Simmons go and if Vin won't restructure id let him go. Lroblem would be who you replace them with. Now I think its long over due for us to get a top notch LB who can cover TEs sideline to sideline and command the middle of our defense. We have some good TEs in this division and we can't keep ignoring that part of the Def.

On offense yes I'm of the came that I want to move on from Lock but given his play the last few weeks I'm kind of turning around. I still think he's bad but he isn't going to be the absolute worst option we can have going into next year. However if a Qb is to be had and you can get him I strongly consider going in that direction.

Rbs I've been impressed with Gordon, Lindsey is proving that he will get banged up consistently year in and year out. So depending on what he wants I will wait and see what the nfl values him for and base my decision off of that.

Tough choices to be made all around but we really are in the middle of good and bad but I think a few solid moves can tilt us in either way. We better figure out Qb though because our 13-19 point performances will not get us far against the other Qbs in our division.
                          :go:

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
                            Haskins is Jrussel 2.0 so I think we should steer clear of that one. I do whatever it takes to keep Harris in our building. Hes earned it and dude is selfless. Guys can learn a lot about him. Aka you Mr James. Dude played for us even when expecting his son. If our goal is to keep high character guys we don't let him walk.

I'm of the mind of letting Simmons go and if Vin won't restructure id let him go. Lroblem would be who you replace them with. Now I think its long over due for us to get a top notch LB who can cover TEs sideline to sideline and command the middle of our defense. We have some good TEs in this division and we can't keep ignoring that part of the Def.

On offense yes I'm of the came that I want to move on from Lock but given his play the last few weeks I'm kind of turning around. I still think he's bad but he isn't going to be the absolute worst option we can have going into next year. However if a Qb is to be had and you can get him I strongly consider going in that direction.

Rbs I've been impressed with Gordon, Lindsey is proving that he will get banged up consistently year in and year out. So depending on what he wants I will wait and see what the nfl values him for and base my decision off of that.

Tough choices to be made all around but we really are in the middle of good and bad but I think a few solid moves can tilt us in either way. We better figure out Qb though because our 13-19 point performances will not get us far against the other Qbs in our division.
                            I’m kinda on the fence with Lock just because no offseason or #1 target Sutton. We have a lot of holes to fill it would be nice to somehow bring some competition for Lock without sacrificing too much...

But your right. Tough choices to made...

Comment

Originally posted by JSwint22 View Post

I’m kinda on the fence with Lock just because no offseason or #1 target Sutton. We have a lot of holes to fill it would be nice to somehow bring some competition for Lock without sacrificing too much...

But your right. Tough choices to made...
                              It's a easy choice he sucks...look good over the last games. We are 1-2 and he beat the Panthers with Moore and Chris mac...and by less than a td....

My signature says it call.

We have superbowl champs to player twice
                              Chargers Twice- he look good....they will have bosa, dewrin, and Engram back on def.

Raiders get some more def they will be even better.. right now we are at the bottom of our division.
                              Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Working...
                              X