Yes finally done with the season.
    "Dwight Howard On The Post Dog!!"

Comment

Originally posted by JSwint22 View Post
      Yes finally done with the season.
      Hahaha Seriously
      New England Patriots GM

Comment

If we could sign Keanu Neal, Shaquill Griffin, and draft Michah Parsons our defense would be top 5

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31 View Post

Hahaha Seriously
          And the wait til free agency begins.... So bored

Comment

With one game left in the season I got sad once again for the 5th season in a row. This is the time I usually look at potential free agents that could come in and help. Lots of good names this year. With some hits here and another solid draft we might do a lot better than we might expect. By position I’ll name some of the guys who I think would upgrade there respective positions if signed. Don’t know any of the cap situation or anything but I’ll go in order by need.

2021 Free Agent Wishlist

CB: Shaquil Griffin, Kevin King, William Jackson III, (RFA) J.C. Jackson

SS: Keanu Neal, Marcus Maye

MLB: Lavonte David, Rueben Foster, Denzel Perryman

DL: Leonard Williams, Solomon Thomas, Larry Ogunjobi

WR: Curtis Samuel, Will Fuller, Corey Davis, Kenny Golladay

These are just 5 needs I think should be filled. Would be ideal to get 2-3 of these positions filled with some of these guys. Obviously I prefer defensive free agent signings because I feel we are older on that side of the ball.
            Just curious why you would want Rueben Foster. He has a long injury history and a history of trouble. He has not taken a snap in 2 years and when he did play did not look very good. I would take a hard pass on him. I also don't see much reason to bring in a wide receiver, IMO, there are better places to spend free agent money.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_Bubba View Post

Just curious why you would want Rueben Foster. He has a long injury history and a history of trouble. He has not taken a snap in 2 years and when he did play did not look very good. I would take a hard pass on him. I also don't see much reason to bring in a wide receiver, IMO, there are better places to spend free agent money.
              I guess I put him on there because I always liked his game coming out of college. I agree though he has no place here with all his troubles..

Im curious.. Where would you like to see the money spent in FA?

Comment

I guess I put him on there because I always liked his game coming out of college. I agree though he has no place here with all his troubles..

Im curious.. Where would you like to see the money spent in FA?

I believe you usually overpay in free agency - that just tends to be the market. First I would look at the Broncos own free agents and see who I want to keep.

My opinion -

Justin Simmons - you have to keep him as he is one of the teams better players and you do not improve your roster by letting your better players leave. Yes you will probably overpay him.

Shelby Harris - another good player who the Broncos should try to keep but not over pay. This one might be hard to do since he will be 30 and looking for a payday but interest in him was low last year so they may be able to work it out. Look at a 3 year deal worth $15 Million with $10 Million guaranteed.

Elijah Wilkerson - Definitely need to bring him back. You see a lot of Oline that take a few years to develop (Billy Turner). He is young with a good upside plus you cannot rely on James. I think his cost will be reasonable as he has not been a full time starter yet.

Tim Patrick and Alex Johnson are RFAs and I would second round tender them both.

After that most of Denver's free agents are depth guys who they can decide if they want to keep or move one (Parks, Fumaglli, Bausby, Attaochu are some I might be more interested in).

The holes in the Broncos Roster are QB, CB, ILB, Edge, RB,

QB - if either Deshaun Watson, Dak Prescott, or Matt Stafford are available then you have to make a strong play for them. Watson is a top 5 QB IMO, and I disagree with others about Stafford, he will be 33 next year and we are seeing QBs in the NFL playing longer so you can probably get 5 years out of him. He won't carry a team like Watson can but he is better than a lot of starters in the NFL.
                Winston is also someone who interests me, he would be affordable and is better than Drew Lock is today.

No other mentioned QBs are of interest to me - Wentz, Darnold, Turbisky are all guys on the scrap heap and Wentz's contract is a no go. Ryan is too old and too expensive.

I do know that Lock has not earned the right to go into next year as the starter.

After that I would be opportunistic - maybe try to bring Derek Wolfe back on a two year contract. His family lives here and may want to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_Bubba View Post

I believe you usually overpay in free agency - that just tends to be the market. First I would look at the Broncos own free agents and see who I want to keep.

My opinion -

Justin Simmons - you have to keep him as he is one of the teams better players and you do not improve your roster by letting your better players leave. Yes you will probably overpay him.

Shelby Harris - another good player who the Broncos should try to keep but not over pay. This one might be hard to do since he will be 30 and looking for a payday but interest in him was low last year so they may be able to work it out. Look at a 3 year deal worth $15 Million with $10 Million guaranteed.

Elijah Wilkerson - Definitely need to bring him back. You see a lot of Oline that take a few years to develop (Billy Turner). He is young with a good upside plus you cannot rely on James. I think his cost will be reasonable as he has not been a full time starter yet.

Tim Patrick and Alex Johnson are RFAs and I would second round tender them both.

After that most of Denver's free agents are depth guys who they can decide if they want to keep or move one (Parks, Fumaglli, Bausby, Attaochu are some I might be more interested in).

The holes in the Broncos Roster are QB, CB, ILB, Edge, RB,

QB - if either Deshaun Watson, Dak Prescott, or Matt Stafford are available then you have to make a strong play for them. Watson is a top 5 QB IMO, and I disagree with others about Stafford, he will be 33 next year and we are seeing QBs in the NFL playing longer so you can probably get 5 years out of him. He won't carry a team like Watson can but he is better than a lot of starters in the NFL.
                  Winston is also someone who interests me, he would be affordable and is better than Drew Lock is today.

No other mentioned QBs are of interest to me - Wentz, Darnold, Turbisky are all guys on the scrap heap and Wentz's contract is a no go. Ryan is too old and too expensive.

I do know that Lock has not earned the right to go into next year as the starter.

After that I would be opportunistic - maybe try to bring Derek Wolfe back on a two year contract. His family lives here and may want to come back.
                  Interesting... Would love to see Watson in Denver for the next 10 years. I agree on keeping Simmons and Harris they earned a spot here.

I also agree that FA is usually the period of overspending, but we still need to upgrade the roster. Would be happy if we could get a starting CB and maybe a starting SS opposite of Simmons. If we trade for Watson our best picks would obviously be gone so FA would be best choice to upgrade roster.

Comment

Working...
                  X