Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonny_Quest
    replied
    I still fantasize about an alternate reality where Kubiak stays healthy, and we convince KC to trade Alex Smith to us.

Smith with that defense would have been godly.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

Urban Meyer coached him at Utah I believe.
    Yes. Alex Smith quarterbacked Urban Meyer's Spread Option Offense at Utah in 2003 & 2004 when Utah was in the Mountain West Conference.

Utah was 10-2 in 2003 with their only losses coming on the road at Texas A&M and at home to New Mexico. As MW Champions they defeated Southern Mississippi in the Liberty Bowl. They finished the season ranked 21st. Urban Meyer was The Sporting News National Coach of the Year and MW COTY.

Utah was undefeated in 2004 and defeated Pittsburgh in the Fiesta Bowl. Utah finished the season ranked 4th in AP and 5th by the Coaches. Alex Smith was Mountain West Conference Player of the Year and First Team All-American. Urban Meyer was the recipient of the Woody Hayes Trophy, Eddie Robinson COTY Award, George Munger Award, Home Depot COTY Award, Pro Football Weekly COTY, the Victor Award and MW COTY.

Who knows? Maybe Urban will get Alex to join him in Carolina?

Leave a comment:

• WYBRONCO
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    I like Alex a lot. I think he will end up in Jacksonville. He would be a fabulous support for Lawrence, and he could play some too.
    Urban Meyer coached him at Utah I believe.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I like Alex a lot. I think he will end up in Jacksonville. He would be a fabulous support for Lawrence, and he could play some too.

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post

He's also a Utah Ute, so he'd be back in the Mountain West.
    Yep. We enjoyed watching him play here in Salt Lake City. Excellent school and super strong fan base like the Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

I would absolutely love Alex Smith - for the past 10 years he has won close to 70% of his starts.
    He knows KC and how to game plan. He has a chip on his shoulder and I am sure that he go in 100% to beat KC
    He is a great mentor and player, and what is mode in terms of maybe developing Lock - he is smart and plays based on intelligence - not insane physical ability.
    He's also a Utah Ute, so he'd be back in the Mountain West.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post

I would prefer Smith I am just not sure if we will be able to get him.

Broncos Beat was saying on a video I was watching this morning that the Broncos are going to reach out to Fitz. He is not as good but I think he could work.

They also brought up the idea of Tyrod Taylor. I need to think on that idea. They like how he is a Pro and how he protects the ball.
    I would absolutely love Alex Smith - for the past 10 years he has won close to 70% of his starts.
    He knows KC and how to game plan. He has a chip on his shoulder and I am sure that he go in 100% to beat KC
    He is a great mentor and player, and what is mode in terms of maybe developing Lock - he is smart and plays based on intelligence - not insane physical ability.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

I really like the idea of Alex Smith, especially his "game management" experience, but Fitz as a role model for Lock... Heavens, Air Coryell on Acid.
    I would prefer Smith I am just not sure if we will be able to get him.

Broncos Beat was saying on a video I was watching this morning that the Broncos are going to reach out to Fitz. He is not as good but I think he could work.

They also brought up the idea of Tyrod Taylor. I need to think on that idea. They like how he is a Pro and how he protects the ball.

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

Alex would win the starting Job from Lock
    Especially if we do acquire Smith and Lock does a Watson impersonation.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Denver may not be the spot for Alex Smith, but I hope he gets signed up and soon. One of the really good folks in sports, and one heck of a role model!!!

Leave a comment:

• CTM
    replied

I'm good with that too. If he's healthy and we have a good defense and strong running game we could be competitive.

Leave a comment:

• WYBRONCO
    replied

Especially if he is healthy.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Originally posted by CTM View Post

Agreed, I like Smith because I think hes a better option if we need him off the bench to rely on strong D and running game, but also because he's known as someone who is always prepared and can help Lock with week to week preparation.

Leave a comment:

• CTM
    replied
    Originally posted by BiscuitBronco View Post

I really like the idea of Alex Smith, especially his "game management" experience, but Fitz as a role model for Lock... Heavens, Air Coryell on Acid.
    Agreed, I like Smith because I think hes a better option if we need him off the bench to rely on strong D and running game, but also because he's known as someone who is always prepared and can help Lock with week to week preparation.

Leave a comment:

• BiscuitBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post

For the first time in a long time I think we can say the OL will look much better in 2021. I still have question mark about James and Cush but we better off coming into this offseason than we have been in as long as I can remember. Knock on wood hope unexpected things do not come up like injuries and someone opting out for the year.

The real question mark to me is NOT Lock's ability. He has show he can play the way he needs to be successful. My question marks for Lock are 1. His ability to stay healthy and 2. Can he consistently be the guy who makes the good plays.

I would really like to get a vet in here like Fitz or Alex Smith to help show Lock how to be a Pro on a day to day....week to week basis. I think that would help his consistency.

Assuming we can not pull off a trade for Wilson or Watson obviously.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X