Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smilin'assassin View Post
    Stay with Lock and add Jacoby Brissett as a veteran backup. Tough as nails, good team mate, can win games, relativel cheap
    That idea leads to another 5-11 season at best
    :go:

Comment

• Hopefully we will find a decent QB in the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

That idea leads to another 5-11 season at best
        I'm good with that and then let Brittany come in and fire everyone Elway hired and start fresh.
        Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• Trade for Watson or go all in with Lock.
          Get a vet like Fitzmagic to back up whoever the starter is. Dont trade good assets for another lock.

Comment

• Rumors are that the Broncos are sticking with Lock next season and bringing in a Vet QB. Could you imagine Phillip Rivers as a Vet Back up QB in Denver?????

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
              Rumors are that the Broncos are sticking with Lock next season and bringing in a Vet QB. Could you imagine Phillip Rivers as a Vet Back up QB in Denver?????
              Rivers would never accept a backup role, nor would I expect him to
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post

Absolutely disagree with this train of thought. I'm in no way paying a Qb 100 million to get 4 wins .
                Seems like hyperbole here. With the one of the worst QBs in the league we earned 6 wins. So with a top tier QB we lose 2 more games? I don’t agree with the logic. With a top tier QB, chances to making the playoffs and maybe competing with the Chiefs improve significantly.

I see it like home prices in Denver, heck even northern Colorado. Who would pay $400 for a old 1500 sq ft house? Well, if you want to live in Fort Collins, everyone. Is it insanely overpriced? Absolutely. But that’s the market.

If you want it, you have to pay for it. You can find a rare gem, but that takes a lot of luck and keen insight. Neither of which the Broncos clearly have. This is not a franchise can draft talent at the QB position right now. So if we want a winning season for a change, you either pay a QB or draft again. The past 5 years do not give me confidence this group will draft the diamond in the rough.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

Rivers would never accept a backup role, nor would I expect him to
                  (I saw it on my google news feed?) Philip Rivers is getting close to retirement. I'm not sure how many teams would want him to be a starter, or if he wants that? I remember years ago, teams had a lot of old veterans backing up the young developing quarterbacks?

Plus, We don't really need anybody anyway, we have Drew Lock!

Comment

• We need to address qb.....let's go get waston Paton make a splash your 1st year as gm....
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

Rumors are that the Broncos are sticking with Lock next season and bringing in a Vet QB. Could you imagine Phillip Rivers as a Vet Back up QB in Denver?????
                      Rivers is a starter. Lock can hold his jock for 2 years and learn

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post

Seems like hyperbole here. With the one of the worst QBs in the league we earned 6 wins. So with a top tier QB we lose 2 more games? I don’t agree with the logic. With a top tier QB, chances to making the playoffs and maybe competing with the Chiefs improve significantly.

I see it like home prices in Denver, heck even northern Colorado. Who would pay $400 for a old 1500 sq ft house? Well, if you want to live in Fort Collins, everyone. Is it insanely overpriced? Absolutely. But that’s the market.

If you want it, you have to pay for it. You can find a rare gem, but that takes a lot of luck and keen insight. Neither of which the Broncos clearly have. This is not a franchise can draft talent at the QB position right now. So if we want a winning season for a change, you either pay a QB or draft again. The past 5 years do not give me confidence this group will draft the diamond in the rough.

my whole point is Qbs make too much . They are the only player to get paid based on their position, where everyone else gets paid on productivity. If most of the chunck is allotted to 1 position what kind of players can you afford to put around that 1 player .

Then again I'm one for giving giving other year with the same OC and all the pre season workouts to see if he steps up. Most want to cut ties when the kids had 2 different OCs and no OTAs ect....
                        Last edited by orange crush75; 01-18-2021, 09:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

Rivers is a starter. Lock can hold his jock for 2 years and learn
                          In that case we don't need him then, cause I think management wants to see if Drew Lock will develop more next season?

Comment

(I saw it on my google news feed?) Philip Rivers is getting close to retirement. I'm not sure how many teams would want him to be a starter, or if he wants that? I remember years ago, teams had a lot of old veterans backing up the young developing quarterbacks?

Plus, We don't really need anybody anyway, we have Drew Lock!
                            Yup let's discuss that, you do realize he's ranked 31st amongst starting qbs right? So you would be content in a division with a bottom tier qb against the likes of Mahomes and Herbert? Both of whome I think will be top 10 or better. Mahomes is top Qb. I'd give Carr maybe 14th-17th ranked qb. I expect Gruene to make a move to get Carr gone he won't tie his rep to Carr. Fact is we have the worst qb in the division which is evident of that 1-5 divisional record Drew wowed us with this year.

He played in all of those divisional games to by the way so thats all him. He really should have been 0-6 had it not been for Hamilton at the end of the LAC game. Sorry but not a lot of fans want to get behind that. Kudos to you for wanting that me and I'm sure a few others hope we move on from this. Its not like we didn't give the guy a chance but film don't lie. Lock should be further in his development by now given the fact he has a whole year on Herbert and played last season.

I saw a lot of people giving Shurmur the business this year, well he had to dumb down his playbook to help simplify Locks reads. Down the stretch so if that doesn't tell you guys much about Lock i don't know what will. If you guys want to be the 4th ranked team in the division for a few years you guys hope Denver keep trotting Lock out year after year and singing his praises. Kid is below average and thats his ceiling in my opinion.
                            :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

Yup let's discuss that, you do realize he's ranked 31st amongst starting qbs right? So you would be content in a division with a bottom tier qb against the likes of Mahomes and Herbert? Both of whome I think will be top 10 or better. Mahomes is top Qb. I'd give Carr maybe 14th-17th ranked qb. I expect Gruene to make a move to get Carr gone he won't tie his rep to Carr. Fact is we have the worst qb in the division which is evident of that 1-5 divisional record Drew wowed us with this year.

He played in all of those divisional games to by the way so thats all him. He really should have been 0-6 had it not been for Hamilton at the end of the LAC game. Sorry but not a lot of fans want to get behind that. Kudos to you for wanting that me and I'm sure a few others hope we move on from this. Its not like we didn't give the guy a chance but film don't lie. Lock should be further in his development by now given the fact he has a whole year on Herbert and played last season.

I saw a lot of people giving Shurmur the business this year, well he had to dumb down his playbook to help simplify Locks reads. Down the stretch so if that doesn't tell you guys much about Lock i don't know what will. If you guys want to be the 4th ranked team in the division for a few years you guys hope Denver keep trotting Lock out year after year and singing his praises. Kid is below average and thats his ceiling in my opinion.
                              But the good part is,, he can't get any worse???? Maybe he can show improvement next year?? So, hopefully we draft a decent young QB And sign a quality vet.

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post

my whole point is Qbs make too much . They are the only player to get paid based on their position, where everyone else gets paid on productivity. If most of the chunck is allotted to 1 position what kind of players can you afford to put around that 1 player .

Then again I'm one for giving giving other year with the same OC and all the pre season workouts to see if he steps up. Most want to cut ties when the kids had 2 different OCs and no OTAs ect....
                                Well no argument there! I misunderstood. Thx for clarifying.

Comment

Working...
                                X