Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree it would be stupid not to do whatever to get him. Paton would be known as a genius if they pull this off and have a qb for next 10-15 years. The most IMPORTANT position. I dont care about draft picks bc it means nothing if you miss on them.
    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

Comment

• A veteran QB can groom young Drew Lock. And in the learn over in the tricks of trade. And show how the game is won and in the ropes there. On the field as well as off it. You need in a veteran QB!
      Ready for October Falls

Comment

• IMO the issue is there's 20 other teams you can make a case that they should trade the ranch to get Watson and a number of them are thinking the same thing. How would Watson look as a Colt behind their oline or 49ers playing with Shanny 2.0? How about New England or New Orleans or worse for Broncos fans, a Raider? He'd also help Philly, Rams and maybe Dallas, although these three have QB contract issues.

For me Plan A is Watson but it may get expensive.

Plan B is getting one of the top 3 QBs in the draft by making a solid trade up if needed. I wouldn't give up a lot to move up to get Fields but would pay for Lawrence or Wilson. Lawrence won't be available unless something strange happens, but have to put him on the list.

Plan C is go with Lock and build a run based O and OL and hope he'll improve. I think we can be a lot like the Browns and Mayfield with Lock and a solid OL/run game and we're pretty close.

Comment

• Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

The Dolphins WRs averaged the least amount of separation of any group in the NFL. Our offense is in a much better place than the Dolphins. The only thing they have is culture (which is fickle) and no state tax. Watson could just retire and not lose any money and the Texans would still have to pay him what they guaranteed. Denver can outdo any offer Miami can come up with and still be in a good spot. Watson makes us a Super Bowl contender for the next decade, there’s absolutely no reason not to make the trade.
          Watson can’t retire and get money he hasn’t already been paid. In fact, he would likely owe money like Calvin Johnson did.

Miami and the Jets have more fire power in trade offers.
          My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
          You Mad Bro?
          Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

The problem is this right here. Everyone else under the Sun is also trying to get D. Watson from the Texans however with their New GM I highly doubt they will even Trade Watson ever so yeah just another one of favorite fan pipe dreams. Not Going To Happen.
            Maybe, maybe not. But when a player like this even remotely becomes available, you have to try. We didn’t have a shot at Elway either, until he refused to play for the Colts. Granted, you’re point remains fair.

Think of it this way. You don’t buy a lottery ticket to win, you buy it to daydream what would happen if you did win. Our chances of landing Watson are far greater than any of us winning the lottery. So, given how awful our franchise is at the moment, I elect to daydream.

Comment

• Originally posted by lvbronx View Post

Rumors are we're one of the teams in talks for Watson, with a bunch of other teams I'm sure.

The Jets can offer the #2 plus Darnold and Miami has the #3 and Tua, just for starters. We start at #9 and Lock. We probably need to at least add an extra first just to be even with those two teams.

It may take us 3 first rounders, Lock and a choice of any player on our roster to get a deal done for Watson. I'd hate having to be Paton and have his first deal ever here potentially being the biggest in franchise history from a value given up POV. The guy's been here a week. LOL
              No kidding, jump into the fire so to speak! That’s what I’ve heard as well, that it would take 3 1st round picks. To get a player you know will play well at that position? Might be worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post

No kidding, jump into the fire so to speak! That’s what I’ve heard as well, that it would take 3 1st round picks. To get a player you know will play well at that position? Might be worth it.
                I’m heading Andy Daltons name tossed out there now. I’m not sure any GM is willing to part with 3 first for Watson therefore the Dalton rumors don’t sound too far fetched.

Comment

• We still can't rule out Prescott hitting the market as well. He has sort of become the forgotten man, but the Cowboys could very well use this season to make a move for a cheaper option and cap flexibility.

​​​​​​Its definitely going to be an interesting off season at the QB position.

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. But when a player like this even remotely becomes available, you have to try. We didn’t have a shot at Elway either, until he refused to play for the Colts. Granted, you’re point remains fair.

Think of it this way. You don’t buy a lottery ticket to win, you buy it to daydream what would happen if you did win. Our chances of landing Watson are far greater than any of us winning the lottery. So, given how awful our franchise is at the moment, I elect to daydream.

Now that is an Epic Dream. I dig it !!

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Watson can’t retire and get money he hasn’t already been paid. In fact, he would likely owe money like Calvin Johnson did.

Miami and the Jets have more fire power in trade offers.
                      That isn’t true, if he retires he still gets paid his signing bonus because it’s already paid out from when he signed the contract, teams just prorate it over the contract for salary cap reasonably. The Texans can ask for it back and probably file if he doesn’t but teams generally don’t do that because it’s seen as classless and after this whole Watson debacle they’re already in a hole with how players view them. The Colts didn’t with Luck, the Bills didn’t with Vontae Davis, etc. Calvin Johnson only paid back 1 mil, he still kept the rest.

The Dolphins and jets can only offer picks and a QB. Denver may not have the picks but we have proven players on rookie contracts.
                      Last edited by beastlyskronk; 01-20-2021, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                        We still can't rule out Prescott hitting the market as well. He has sort of become the forgotten man, but the Cowboys could very well use this season to make a move for a cheaper option and cap flexibility.

Jerry Jones said Dak holds all the leverage so that signals to me he’s going to give Dak whatever he wants. But yes if he hits the market we should be in the mix

Comment

• Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

If you wanna win you make those kind of moves. As a Tigers fan I know what it's like to go from bad to good overnight, because one day the GM said screw it, we're gonna aggressively go after players and try to win games. And for a stretch of time the Tigers were a world series favorite every season...though they never won it during that time.
                          In 2012 the Tigers signed Prince Fielder, partnering him with Miguel Cabrera. That year the team also traded for an ace caliber at the time pitcher in Anibal Sanchez. After sweeping the Yankees, they got swept by the Giants.
                          The following offseason they signed Torii Hunter. 2014 they signed Joba Chamberlain, Joe Nathan, and also traded for David Price.

From 2012 throu 2014 they were favorites. They aggressively went for and in the end it didn't end with a title. But a small market team like the Tigers and the fanbase enjoyed that success after being so bad for soooo long.

My point is going after players like Watson puts you in position to be good for years, even if it ends with 1 championship appearance, being a contender for a period of time is good, and the picks given up won't hurt much if you drafting between 28-32.
                          Exactly. Look at what Manning did for us, even at the latter part of his career. Look what a fairly small market team like Edmonton, who were dominant for a period in The NHL, thanks to their signings. Even Brady's acquisition by Tampa has turned them into a contender, at his age. There is risk in big signings/trades, but the rewards are often realized in multiples, including fan support/spending, ability to entice other quality players to join the team, and obviously, the instant value add in terms of players being even more motivated and confident knowing they have a real chance with a star joining forces.

Comment

3 firsts and von miller sounds about right.

Broncos have the youth. Team can fill the needed gaps in FA.

Comment

• Originally posted by atwaterandstir View Post
                              We still can't rule out Prescott hitting the market as well. He has sort of become the forgotten man, but the Cowboys could very well use this season to make a move for a cheaper option and cap flexibility.

There has been speculation of a Mack-for-Prescott trade.

Interestingly, in 2017, Bears' HC John Fox was talked out of drafting Deshaun Watson for Mitch Trubisky.

Unfortunately, Denver has too many holes to fill, placing the team out of the Trevor Lawrence/Deshaun Watson/Dak Prescott sweepstakes.
                              Broncos' GM Paton would be wise to solidify the OL while allowing Fangio to fortify the D, preferable trading Von Miller for draft ammunition.

Comment

• Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

There has been speculation of a Mack-for-Prescott trade.

Interestingly, in 2017, Bears' HC John Fox was talked out of drafting Deshaun Watson for Mitch Trubisky.

Unfortunately, Denver has too many holes to fill, placing the team out of the Trevor Lawrence/Deshaun Watson/Dak Prescott sweepstakes.
                                Broncos' GM Paton would be wise to solidify the OL while allowing Fangio to fortify the D, preferable trading Von Miller for draft ammunition.
                                We only have too many holes because we haven’t had a QB. Watson can offset many of those holes many of which are on defense. Our offense is ready to go. We can find talented players outside of the first round. We can create cap space to shore up some of those holes even while taking on Watson’s contract which would actually be incredibly cheap next year with only a 10.5 mil cap hit. There will never be a perfectly built team which is why having a franchise QB that can put up points is so important.

This team has been a franchise QB away from contending since Manning retired.

Comment

Working...
                                X