Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

    This team has been a franchise QB away from contending since Manning retired.
    this x100000000000000000000000000000000000000

    Comment


    • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

      That isn’t true, if he retires he still gets paid his signing bonus because it’s already paid out from when he signed the contract, teams just prorate it over the contract for salary cap reasonably. The Texans can ask for it back and probably file if he doesn’t but teams generally don’t do that because it’s seen as classless and after this whole Watson debacle they’re already in a hole with how players view them. The Colts didn’t with Luck, the Bills didn’t with Vontae Davis, etc. Calvin Johnson only paid back 1 mil, he still kept the rest.

      The Dolphins and jets can only offer picks and a QB. Denver may not have the picks but we have proven players on rookie contracts.
      The signing bonus has already been paid. What I said is true. He can’t get money he hasn’t already been paid, if he were to retire as you suggested.

      You even admit that the Texans could ask for the money back. They could get a portion of it back, if they wanted to go that route. No one outside of Watson fans would find it classless either, since they would know that Watson would be retiring out of spite. It’s not like he’s had a long illustrious career and would have decided it was time to move on.

      No matter how you slice it, the Jets and Dolphins have more fire power than the Broncos to get Watson. Denver cannot come up with a more attractive offer than either of those two teams. The only team that can is Jacksonville and that ain’t happening.
      My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
      You Mad Bro?
      Don’t Be A Mean Girl

      Comment


      • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

        We only have too many holes because we haven’t had a QB. Watson can offset many of those holes many of which are on defense. Our offense is ready to go. We can find talented players outside of the first round. We can create cap space to shore up some of those holes even while taking on Watson’s contract which would actually be incredibly cheap next year with only a 10.5 mil cap hit. There will never be a perfectly built team which is why having a franchise QB that can put up points is so important.

        This team has been a franchise QB away from contending since Manning retired.
        I think it's more complicated than you suggest.

        Houston's defense allowed (only) 18 points more than Denver's, yet the Watson-led Texans finished 4-12.

        If Denver's offense is "ready to go," then how would you describe Houston's offense given its additions of OT Tunsil, WRs Cook & Cobb?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

          I think it's more complicated than you suggest.

          Houston's defense allowed (only) 18 points more than Denver's, yet the Watson-led Texans finished 4-12.

          If Denver's offense is "ready to go," then how would you describe Houston's offense given its additions of OT Tunsil, WRs Cook & Cobb?
          Tunsil hasn’t played up to what they gave up for him or paid him. Cook is ok but not a feature WR, Cobb is massively overrated. Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler are a much better group even with Fuller in the mix. The Texans were 4-12 but lost 8 games by 1 score. Keeping Hopkins probably keeps them in the playoffs and he’d be gaining a Hopkins light WR in Sutton.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

            The signing bonus has already been paid. What I said is true. He can’t get money he hasn’t already been paid, if he were to retire as you suggested.

            You even admit that the Texans could ask for the money back. They could get a portion of it back, if they wanted to go that route. No one outside of Watson fans would find it classless either, since they would know that Watson would be retiring out of spite. It’s not like he’s had a long illustrious career and would have decided it was time to move on.

            No matter how you slice it, the Jets and Dolphins have more fire power than the Broncos to get Watson. Denver cannot come up with a more attractive offer than either of those two teams. The only team that can is Jacksonville and that ain’t happening.
            The signing bonus still counts against their cap and gets accelerated should he retire so it becomes a 20 mil dead cap charge should he retire. If the Texans chose to try and recoup that money, no FA would have any interest in them. Especially since then they’d likely have to cut JJ Watt if he refuses to restructure. What player would want to go to a team that just alienated their 25 year old top 5 franchise QB and cut the face of their franchise for a decade in the same offseason? That’s a massive red flag that the organization is not ran well.

            What do the Dolphins and Jets have that Denver doesn’t? The Jets won’t trade Becton, and that’d be the only reason Watson would pick them, they aren’t a real option. The Dolphins have Tua and nothing else intriguing. Parker costs too much, Baker plays the one position the Texans are good at, maybe Wilkins but we can top that easily. The 2 unproven 1st round picks this season is all they have over us but we can top that easily with young cheap proven players. They can’t top an offer that includes Chubb and Fant and even if they could we could just throw in Jones and Risner. Chubb gets replaced by Reed (team’s sack leader), Fant gets replaced by AOK who is almost identical to Fant, Risner gets replaced by Muti, Jones can be replaced by bringing back Walker and Harris who we can create cap space for by cutting Casey and Bouye.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

              The signing bonus still counts against their cap and gets accelerated should he retire so it becomes a 20 mil dead cap charge should he retire. If the Texans chose to try and recoup that money, no FA would have any interest in them. Especially since then they’d likely have to cut JJ Watt if he refuses to restructure. What player would want to go to a team that just alienated their 25 year old top 5 franchise QB and cut the face of their franchise for a decade in the same offseason? That’s a massive red flag that the organization is not ran well.

              What do the Dolphins and Jets have that Denver doesn’t? The Jets won’t trade Becton, and that’d be the only reason Watson would pick them, they aren’t a real option. The Dolphins have Tua and nothing else intriguing. Parker costs too much, Baker plays the one position the Texans are good at, maybe Wilkins but we can top that easily. The 2 unproven 1st round picks this season is all they have over us but we can top that easily with young cheap proven players. They can’t top an offer that includes Chubb and Fant and even if they could we could just throw in Jones and Risner. Chubb gets replaced by Reed (team’s sack leader), Fant gets replaced by AOK who is almost identical to Fant, Risner gets replaced by Muti, Jones can be replaced by bringing back Walker and Harris who we can create cap space for by cutting Casey and Bouye.
              Players aren’t going to just not take money.

              None of them are going to refuse to go to Houston just because they would have made Watson pay back money if he were to retire.

              He’s not going to retire.

              The organization already suffers from the perception that it isn’t run well.

              It’s up to Caserio to change that perception and it doesn’t necessarily mean appeasing Watson.

              All good organizations have their limits when it comes to appeasing high maintenance performers.

              McNair screwed up by saying Watson could have input on the GM hire. He never should have promised that since he clearly had his mind set on Caserio.

              That doesn’t obligate the Texans to appease Watson beyond reason.
              My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
              You Mad Bro?
              Don’t Be A Mean Girl

              Comment


              • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post

                Tunsil hasn’t played up to what they gave up for him or paid him. Cook is ok but not a feature WR, Cobb is massively overrated. Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler are a much better group even with Fuller in the mix. The Texans were 4-12 but lost 8 games by 1 score. Keeping Hopkins probably keeps them in the playoffs and he’d be gaining a Hopkins light WR in Sutton.
                "Tunsil hasn’t played up to what they gave up for him or paid him."
                The same excuse can be applied to several offensive linemen in Denver.

                "Cook is ok but not a feature WR."
                Cook's 81 catches for 1115 yards with 6 TDs seems more than "ok."

                "Cobb is massively overrated."
                A 6M cap hit for 38 catches totaling 441 yards with 3 TDs isn't "massively overrated."
                given Cobb played 10 games, starting two.

                "Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler are a much better group even with Fuller in the mix."
                As of today, I'd take Fuller over both Jeudy and Hamler.

                "The Texans were 4-12 but lost 8 games by 1 score."
                I'm surprised superstar Watson couldn't turn those 1-score losses into wins.

                "Keeping Hopkins probably keeps them in the playoffs."
                Murray and Hopkins were dynamic in Arizona, yet their record was 8-8.

                "he’d be gaining a Hopkins light WR in Sutton."
                If Lock had his "Hopkins-lite WR," then perhaps his and the team's numbers would have been better.

                Comment


                • I don’t understand how this is even an argument. There is a possibility of a 25 year old franchise being available and some people don’t want to try and get him. It doesn’t make any sense. And Watson isn’t just any young franchise QB, he’s an elite franchise QB, he’s a top 5 QB in the NFL right now. He’s arguably the best young QB in the game right now. He has the highest completion percentage in league history, he’s the youngest QB ever to post a 70% completion rate. We’d have the Peyton Manning Star Wars offense for the next 7-10 years, why would you not want that?

                  Instead I hear names of old retreads who’s prime are way behind them or young project QBs that just reset the timer from our current project QB.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

                    The signing bonus has already been paid. What I said is true. He can’t get money he hasn’t already been paid, if he were to retire as you suggested.

                    You even admit that the Texans could ask for the money back. They could get a portion of it back, if they wanted to go that route. No one outside of Watson fans would find it classless either, since they would know that Watson would be retiring out of spite. It’s not like he’s had a long illustrious career and would have decided it was time to move on.

                    No matter how you slice it, the Jets and Dolphins have more fire power than the Broncos to get Watson. Denver cannot come up with a more attractive offer than either of those two teams. The only team that can is Jacksonville and that ain’t happening.
                    Its funny as hell how you think you know what Denver is gonna do... what you fail to realize is he has a NO trade clause so it doesn't matter what team can "offer" the most he has to approve the trade...

                    Jets, 2nd pick tons of money....no wrs, no t.e, no running game, no def....ummmmm yeah if I'm Deshaun I wanna go there

                    Miami 3rd pick ok wrs, good t.e ok run game good def but no oline...now this may be attractive I can't lie

                    Denver- has a better overall offense than both teams Sutton, Judy, fant, and a good line.

                    I personally think Denver has just as good of chance as any team to land him.

                    Bottom line its up to Deshaun to approve the trade.....and least 25 other teams will be looking at him too be he is a GREAT qb thats only 25.
                    Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by broncolee View Post

                      Players aren’t going to just not take money.

                      None of them are going to refuse to go to Houston just because they would have made Watson pay back money if he were to retire.

                      He’s not going to retire.

                      The organization already suffers from the perception that it isn’t run well.

                      It’s up to Caserio to change that perception and it doesn’t necessarily mean appeasing Watson.

                      All good organizations have their limits when it comes to appeasing high maintenance performers.

                      McNair screwed up by saying Watson could have input on the GM hire. He never should have promised that since he clearly had his mind set on Caserio.

                      That doesn’t obligate the Texans to appease Watson beyond reason.
                      Rather you like it/believe or not I bet they ass trying to appease him now...

                      Funny if Watson 4-12 record is sooo bad and he's not a game changer then why in the hell can you not turn on any sport channel without hearing about waston....NO ONE is judging his character, in fact many is saying how is he a high character guy.....the texans has already said they have already received many calls already for this basic Nothing special qb....So what Deshaun is doing doesn't seem to bother any other team or gm.

                      I have gone on about 20 different teams message over and EVERY ONE of them has at least 1 "get Watson" thread...
                      but yea he's nothing special lol. Some people have not clue about football.
                      Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                        I don’t understand how this is even an argument. There is a possibility of a 25 year old franchise being available and some people don’t want to try and get him. It doesn’t make any sense. And Watson isn’t just any young franchise QB, he’s an elite franchise QB, he’s a top 5 QB in the NFL right now. He’s arguably the best young QB in the game right now. He has the highest completion percentage in league history, he’s the youngest QB ever to post a 70% completion rate. We’d have the Peyton Manning Star Wars offense for the next 7-10 years, why would you not want that?

                        Instead I hear names of old retreads who’s prime are way behind them or young project QBs that just reset the timer from our current project QB.
                        "I don’t understand how this is even an argument."
                        Imagine a world without debate.
                        Instead of shaming others into thinking like you, try arguing your position better.

                        "We’d have the Peyton Manning Star Wars offense for the next 7-10 years,"
                        Ironically, the last time Denver won its Lombardi (12-4), Manning went 7-2, and Osweiler went 5-2.

                        "why would you not want that?"
                        Because apparently, defense wins championships.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
                          I don’t understand how this is even an argument. There is a possibility of a 25 year old franchise being available and some people don’t want to try and get him. It doesn’t make any sense. And Watson isn’t just any young franchise QB, he’s an elite franchise QB, he’s a top 5 QB in the NFL right now. He’s arguably the best young QB in the game right now. He has the highest completion percentage in league history, he’s the youngest QB ever to post a 70% completion rate. We’d have the Peyton Manning Star Wars offense for the next 7-10 years, why would you not want that?

                          Instead I hear names of old retreads who’s prime are way behind them or young project QBs that just reset the timer from our current project QB.
                          Oh we know why its an agreement about not wanting Deshaun Watson and it is absolutely nothing to with his game play.

                          Most of cooks stats came after they lost Fuller. The texan had one of the toughest schedules

                          He lost hop, Fuller, cobb....Johnson for 3 or 4 games and still throw 33 td and 6 int 70% with no run game...3 straight pro bowls got the 2nd highest contract of all time but we are talking about reasons on not to "try" to get him.....I wonder why....well not that much.
                          Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

                            "I don’t understand how this is even an argument."
                            Imagine a world without debate.
                            Instead of shaming others into thinking like you, try arguing your position better.

                            "We’d have the Peyton Manning Star Wars offense for the next 7-10 years,"
                            Ironically, the last time Denver won its Lombardi (12-4), Manning went 7-2, and Osweiler went 5-2.

                            "why would you not want that?"
                            Because apparently, defense wins championships.
                            Tell that to the cheifs.
                            Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

                              Rather you like it/believe or not I bet they ass trying to appease him now...

                              Funny if Watson 4-12 record is sooo bad and he's not a game changer then why in the hell can you not turn on any sport channel without hearing about waston....NO ONE is judging his character, in fact many is saying how is he a high character guy.....the texans has already said they have already received many calls already for this basic Nothing special qb....So what Deshaun is doing doesn't seem to bother any other team or gm.

                              I have gone on about 20 different teams message over and EVERY ONE of them has at least 1 "get Watson" thread...
                              but yea he's nothing special lol. Some people have not clue about football.
                              "Rather you like it/believe or not I bet they ass trying to appease him now..."
                              If Watson truly wants out, then I'd trade him to the highest bidder.
                              (Hopefully, it's not Denver).

                              "Funny if Watson 4-12 record is sooo bad and he's not a game changer"
                              According to Beastlykronk, this year alone, Watson failed to "game change" eight one-score losses into wins.

                              "why in the hell can you not turn on any sport channel without hearing about waston"
                              Haven't you noticed by now, sensationalism sells.

                              "NO ONE is judging his character,"
                              No one, really? You'd be hardpressed to find 100% agreement on any given topic.

                              "in fact many is saying how is he a high character guy"
                              Are people judging his character, or not?

                              "the texans has already said they have already received many calls"
                              I would be surprised if Paton hasn't toe-tested the water.

                              "for this basic Nothing special qb"
                              Who has referred to Watson as a "basic-nothing special QB"?

                              "So what Deshaun is doing doesn't seem to bother any other team or gm."
                              Unless all 31 NFL teams inquired about Watson, then your statement is untrue.

                              "I have gone on about 20 different teams message over and EVERY ONE of them has at least 1 "get Watson" thread"
                              We Denver fans alone have made threads on lesser players.

                              "but yea he's nothing special lol."


                              "Some people have not clue about football."
                              Maybe you can teach them?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

                                "Rather you like it/believe or not I bet they ass trying to appease him now..."
                                If Watson truly wants out, then I'd trade him to the highest bidder.
                                (Hopefully, it's not Denver).

                                "Funny if Watson 4-12 record is sooo bad and he's not a game changer"
                                According to Beastlykronk, this year alone, Watson failed to "game change" eight one-score losses into wins.

                                "why in the hell can you not turn on any sport channel without hearing about waston"
                                Haven't you noticed by now, sensationalism sells.

                                "NO ONE is judging his character,"
                                No one, really? You'd be hardpressed to find 100% agreement on any given topic.

                                "in fact many is saying how is he a high character guy"
                                Are people judging his character, or not?

                                "the texans has already said they have already received many calls"
                                I would be surprised if Paton hasn't toe-tested the water.

                                "for this basic Nothing special qb"
                                Who has referred to Watson as a "basic-nothing special QB"?

                                "So what Deshaun is doing doesn't seem to bother any other team or gm."
                                Unless all 31 NFL teams inquired about Watson, then your statement is untrue.

                                "I have gone on about 20 different teams message over and EVERY ONE of them has at least 1 "get Watson" thread"
                                We Denver fans alone have made threads on lesser players.

                                "but yea he's nothing special lol."


                                "Some people have not clue about football."
                                Maybe you can teach them?
                                Putting things in bold makes you feel better...you point is not getting across any better...

                                Again texans can do that because Watson has to approve and team can say ill give you 5 first rd picks and it will be a no go...sucks for you if you were the gm

                                That's not what beast said you twisted his word....it could be the def blew the lead and lost the game....Doesn’t matter what we think either the league is speaking...

                                Espn talking about Watson trade is not making them no more money if the topic was changed..

                                It's doesn't have to be 100%... bc everyone will have their opinions. But people in the leage and know him...know his character and from what I'm hearing is great...Doesn’t matter what people this board thinks.

                                Yes I lock threads all the time can't get much lesser than that..

                                You're are entitled to your opinion....

                                I already prepared myself for a 6th straight losing seasons if the qb position is not addressed and not with not old ass vet or late rd draft pick.
                                Until we get a TRUE not name "Lock" qb we will miss the playoffs and be average at best! I'm E2DS and I approve this message! "AND IF YOU DON'T KNOW, NOW YA KNOW."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X