Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GMTD
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Wentz is still in what should be his prime. He might be able to get some or even most of it back under the right conditions.

The Eagles screwed up by not knowing who they had in Wentz. They shouldn’t have drafted Hurts after signing Wentz to a big deal.
    I don't think he'll ever return to what he was pre-injury, but he is cheap for someone of his potential. I heard the best offer so far was from Indy, 2 second round picks. At that price, we should consider it.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

How often do the solid skills of very good QB start to diminish (injuries don't count) and they get traded and then totally rebound to have the basically the same success for SEVERAL YEARS as they did with their previous team? If it happens I believe it's extremely rare.
    Wentz is still in what should be his prime. He might be able to get some or even most of it back under the right conditions.

The Eagles screwed up by not knowing who they had in Wentz. They shouldn’t have drafted Hurts after signing Wentz to a big deal.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

How often do the solid skills of very good QB start to diminish (injuries don't count) and they get traded and then totally rebound to have the basically the same success for SEVERAL YEARS as they did with their previous team? If it happens I believe it's extremely rare.
    Ok, well then it wouldn't be worth it!

GO BRONCOS, GO DREW LOCK!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post

If Wentz could be as good as he was, it would be great. I wouldn't want to overpay for him. But if the price is right, it may be worth the gamble?

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Sorry but that is really far out! Do you REALLY think that it would have benefitted Brady and Manning if they were in the same division as they were in 2001?
    Brady for most of his career took a pay cut of roughly 30% to have a stronget team around him. Do you think that Peyton would have had the status he has if he was paid as he was and had to face Brady twice a year loosing the majority? Those paycuts equilavalent to two elite players do you really think that Manning could have made up for that, or that Manning would have had to drop his salary to stay competitive.
    While having tough competition will help the winner prepare, it is really bad for the Deshaun Watsons' of this world when facing the likes of Patrick Mahomes, and it is huge career risk that could totally undermine his future earnings. Back when Manning always lost to Brady his star fell fast. It changed a lot later when it was more even.
    I'm having a hard time following your post. I don't agree that a lot of what you say is relevant to good QB's facing good defenses. If good QB's allow the other teams QB to get inside their head, shame on them.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied

If Wentz could be as good as he was, it would be great. I wouldn't want to overpay for him. But if the price is right, it may be worth the gamble?
    I agree....whatever options are being considered, that might be one of them. I've said before, which is not exactly genius of me, but I see him with Reich in Indy. But you're point is well taken. It's definitely a reasonable option, if we don't come up with something better.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    If we are unable to make a deal for Watson I personally would be ok with 1 more year out of Lock. I think fans are a bit over dramatic on his ability to develop.

He absolutely showed signs of someone who can put it together at some point and anyone saying otherwise is trying too hard to hate on the kid.

Josh Allen was still moderately mediocre in year two when he didn’t have Diggs though he was better than Lock was this year. But he came across more as a game manager with a very good defense.

Lock had limited to no offseason due to COVID leading into year two and has still barely started more games than 1 full season. He lost arguably his best weapon in week 2 or 3 and had two rookie WRs in Sutton’s place. He also lost what appears to be a flashy rookie tight end.

We all know we struggled with the health of a lot of key weapons this year and no some of who we went with were weapons that were also garbage with other QBs. But we still want to blame Lock for not making them look great.

Sure there are accuracy issues at times. Sure there are mind boggling picks that make you wonder what the heck he saw in the defense. But he’s also still very young and not everyone is a Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen.

Still give me a healthy Sutton, a healthy Albert O and Fant along with Juedy and Hamler coming into year two and it’s possible light bulbs could finally click for Lock.

Would I predict it? No I mean we’ve sucked for 5 years straight. But is it possible? Sure it is.
    I believe this as well.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    If we are unable to make a deal for Watson I personally would be ok with 1 more year out of Lock. I think fans are a bit over dramatic on his ability to develop.

He absolutely showed signs of someone who can put it together at some point and anyone saying otherwise is trying too hard to hate on the kid.

Josh Allen was still moderately mediocre in year two when he didn’t have Diggs though he was better than Lock was this year. But he came across more as a game manager with a very good defense.

Lock had limited to no offseason due to COVID leading into year two and has still barely started more games than 1 full season. He lost arguably his best weapon in week 2 or 3 and had two rookie WRs in Sutton’s place. He also lost what appears to be a flashy rookie tight end.

We all know we struggled with the health of a lot of key weapons this year and no some of who we went with were weapons that were also garbage with other QBs. But we still want to blame Lock for not making them look great.

Sure there are accuracy issues at times. Sure there are mind boggling picks that make you wonder what the heck he saw in the defense. But he’s also still very young and not everyone is a Patrick Mahomes or Josh Allen.

Still give me a healthy Sutton, a healthy Albert O and Fant along with Juedy and Hamler coming into year two and it’s possible light bulbs could finally click for Lock.

Would I predict it? No I mean we’ve sucked for 5 years straight. But is it possible? Sure it is.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post

I like Wentz, but I almost think there's a better chance that Lock will improve rather than Wentz regaining his old form. I think he needs some positive therapy to erase whatever is going on regarding his changed style of play, pretty much since the injuries. He is not as accurate and seems to get lost in plays too often.

Maybe a change of scenery will help, but if I had my way, it would a better situation than Lock and Wentz. Had you offered that possibility a few years ago, assuming we knew more about Lock then, I would have liked it a lot!!!

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Imagine the confusion if we could get Luck back, and keep Lock. Luck/Lock, or Lock/Luck....it would be interesting. Did he say, "Luck or Lock is starting?". Then they would switch and it would take me a few plays to notice, as I move away for a snack. Lots of luck, it's a lock, Lock or Luck...maybe acquire Love as part of the stable. Or, "he took quite a lick...Luck or Lock".

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    I think It may be good to consider Carson Wentz, if the price is right.
    I like Wentz, but I almost think there's a better chance that Lock will improve rather than Wentz regaining his old form. I think he needs some positive therapy to erase whatever is going on regarding his changed style of play, pretty much since the injuries. He is not as accurate and seems to get lost in plays too often.

Maybe a change of scenery will help, but if I had my way, it would a better situation than Lock and Wentz. Had you offered that possibility a few years ago, assuming we knew more about Lock then, I would have liked it a lot!!!

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    I would be okay with Wentz, but I think he wants to reunite with Reich. It’s been reported that he prefers the Colts over the Bears. Some of that might have to do with possible instability with the Bears coaching staff and GM. The same concerns would exist for the Broncos coaching staff.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    I think It may be good to consider Carson Wentz, if the price is right.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied

Sorry but that is really far out! Do you REALLY think that it would have benefitted Brady and Manning if they were in the same division as they were in 2001?
    Brady for most of his career took a pay cut of roughly 30% to have a stronget team around him. Do you think that Peyton would have had the status he has if he was paid as he was and had to face Brady twice a year loosing the majority? Those paycuts equilavalent to two elite players do you really think that Manning could have made up for that, or that Manning would have had to drop his salary to stay competitive.
    While having tough competition will help the winner prepare, it is really bad for the Deshaun Watsons' of this world when facing the likes of Patrick Mahomes, and it is huge career risk that could totally undermine his future earnings. Back when Manning always lost to Brady his star fell fast. It changed a lot later when it was more even.
    I’m sorry but you completely lost me here. No clue what you’re talking about in terms of salary and risk to it based on who they play.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied

Depends on how one interprets "benefit". Now, if you're just looking to get trophies, then no, of course it wouldn't. You'd want your best competition as far away from you as possible so the system hopefully filters them out before you have to play them.

Now, I can't speak for Brady, Manning, or pretty much anyone else at the amateur or pro level, but I know when I raced and practiced for racing, I always wanted to face the fastest guys. When practicing, it taught me how to become faster. But, when racing, it was a natural, competitive desire to beat everyone, particularly the best I faced (the wins against those did not happen often). I think that's the competitive spirit. I knew Kyle Lewis and Ty Davis (not close friends, but riding acquaintances), and those guys didn't give a **** about trophies....they just wanted to beat everyone's asses around them. I felt the same. Oh, and I want to make clear I didn't race at the level of Ty Davis or Kyle Lewis. They were light years faster than me and paid factory pros. I was just a peon in the amateur circuits. But, I did have a similar desire to win...just not the experience and talent they did...lol.

I imagine many NFL pro athletes have that competitive desire, particularly when they're young. To them, it's probably more important than having a trophy. Maybe as they get older that changes for those individuals, though. So, maybe a young Watson actually does want to face Mahomes twice. It wouldn't surprise me at all.
    Last edited by DiveInstructor; 02-14-2021, 05:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X