Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post

Fangio is probably not going to risk a transition year where in 2022 he could be fired on a rookie QB, he's going to want either Lock in year 3 or a seasoned vet.
    I'd hope Paton would step in. Fangio isn't exactly the offensive guy, and he's not much of a head coach, IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Talk on ESPN Get Up this morning is that Watson may go to the Jets, Rodgers to the 49's, his home state and Wentz to Colts.

And I still say Watson will NEVER become a Denver Bronco.

Leave a comment:

• TheAsianPA
    replied
    Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
    This summarizes many of the reasons I think the Broncos should go for a QB in the 1st round this year. It doesn't talk about the odds themselves or that I think playing the odds is better than letting this crew evaluate a QB (they've failed much in the past), but other than that, it pretty much hits on all points.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/...-the-nfl-draft
    Fangio is probably not going to risk a transition year where in 2022 he could be fired on a rookie QB, he's going to want either Lock in year 3 or a seasoned vet.

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    If Kareem Jackson somehow gets us Deshaun Watson it'll be the biggest recruit since Elway recruited Manning and Jackson would be my new fav bronco. I'm still holding out hope for the Watson deal. Seems it's us and 49ers as potential intrigued teams for Watson.
    Talk on ESPN Get Up this morning is that Watson may go to the Jets, Rodgers to the 49's, his home state and Wentz to Colts.

And I still say Watson will NEVER become a Denver Bronco.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoyearound
    replied
    If Kareem Jackson somehow gets us Deshaun Watson it'll be the biggest recruit since Elway recruited Manning and Jackson would be my new fav bronco. I'm still holding out hope for the Watson deal. Seems it's us and 49ers as potential intrigued teams for Watson.

Leave a comment:

• colowoz01
    replied
    This summarizes many of the reasons I think the Broncos should go for a QB in the 1st round this year. It doesn't talk about the odds themselves or that I think playing the odds is better than letting this crew evaluate a QB (they've failed much in the past), but other than that, it pretty much hits on all points.

Totally agree, and at # 9 ( not giving up draft picks to move up ) draft Mac Jones. Pay some Veterans and move on from others, but give lock some competition. Let the Best fit play.

Leave a comment:

• Joshua2585
    replied
    I hate to be negative, but nobody WANTS to come here. One of the greatest franchises in NFL/Sports history has been turned into a dumpster fire. The fall has been meteoric.

I can't even explain how excited I am that Matt Russell is gone. Nobody in the world can be THAT bad at their job for that long and keep it. John taking a demotion-promotion and allowing a GM to come in hopefully helps. We'll see. However, I think the good name the Broncos had in the league for decades has been tarnished. It's going to need to be rebuilt. We need to hit on a drafted QB to make this work.
    Last edited by Joshua2585; 02-11-2021, 05:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mojo0730
    replied
    For me, the options are very simple:

Option A - Bring in an established, elite quarterback and cut ties with Drew Lock.

Option B - Draft a quarterback in the first round, bring in a veteran free agent (Dalton, Fitzpatrick, Taylor, etc.), and cut ties with Drew Lock.

Option C - Go all in on Drew Lock again for 2021.

I'm not in favor of bringing in someone just to compete with Lock. If you have to go that route then IMO you just need to move on from Lock altogether. In fact, given that they mad a move for Stafford and some of the comments his teammates have made, I think they already need to move on from Lock. But regardless, I don't want to see an Andy Dalton/Drew Lock or Mitch Trubisky/Lock quarterback room. That has no appeal to me whatsoever. I wouldn't go after a veteran at all unless that veteran is one of the coveted (Watson, Rodgers, Wilson) or you're doing it in combination with a new, drafted quarterback.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jonny_Quest
    replied
    All in for Watson!

Let's bet the farm!

Leave a comment:

• Jonny_Quest
    replied

(have a laugh!)
    Such an amazing show

Leave a comment:

• WYBRONCO
    replied

Yep. Even when they're obviously lame. Life is full of people who frequently respond with the exact opposite during a conversation.

You say "up" they say "down", you say "over" they say "under", you say around they say through, you say "black" they say "white".
    They need to be right and they need you to be wrong. Topic dominators no matter what.
    "Always to blame it's just a shame that's all."

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied

Yep. Even when they're obviously lame. Life is full of people who frequently respond with the exact opposite during a conversation.

You say "up" they say "down", you say "over" they say "under", you say around they say through, you say "black" they say "white".
    They need to be right and they need you to be wrong. Topic dominators no matter what.

(have a laugh!)

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post

Those opinions all cool too. The Broncos welcome all kinds of fans as long as we all follow the forums rules.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    I would not be upset if the Broncos traded for Wentz.

I can understand why Wentz is upset.

He’s not pissing and moaning because he wasn’t included in decisions that are none of his business.

He’s upset about something quarterbacks have always gotten upset about.

He was also playing at a MVP level prior to getting injured on a team that eventually won the Super Bowl.

I don’t think the Broncos will get him, but I wouldn’t be overly disappointed if they did.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X