Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ear2dastreets
    Ring of Famer
    • Oct 2017

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    Watson would be a great acquisition, but at a great cost. He has MVP potential.

I think we should be looking at the top QBs in the draft, but not to move up to get one. Too expensive. Maybe Zach Wilson if he is still there. But we need to be sure, because too many QB draft picks for my money. Do not want to use a first, but as long as we don't trade up I'm ok.

The backup I would love is Fitz, but Miami won't let him go. He's one of the few backups I can truly say that could win you a game any time he steps on the field. Plus he's a great mentor.

Bottom line....still not sure what we have in Lock, and believe me, I was buying in this time last year.
    A lot of people fell for the fools gold. Sadly some still are. Don't matter if he those another 4 ints vs the Raiders this Sunday. You will still have people say

"He has shown enough to give him another year."
    Smh.
    Again UNTIL WE DRAFT A QB IN THE TOP 10....we will not be a contender. Plz stop taking other team garbage qbs and late 1st rounders Qbs. We have NEVER selected a qb top 10

Comment

• johnlimburg
      Ring of Famer
      • Sep 2009

Realistically it is going to be Lock, a rookie, or a veteran free agent. I don't see any big name being traded like Ryan or Watson, why would an incoming coach get rid of the most important position in football making their job harder ? Fantasy land. Now, look at the veteran free-agent market and ask are any of them going to be better than Lock potentially in the long-term ? I don't see it. What about where we will pick in the draft ? Do you have a shot at a guy more talented and potentially better than Lock ? I don't see it right now, but who knows how the draft plays out.

Now, the big hurdle here is John Elway, he will be here, will he admit wrong again by picking another quarterback ? I doubt it. I think status quo remains this off-season, Lock gets another run at it, and we hope that things get better. Elway will be gone at the end of next year and if a full reset occurs then it would be a good time to look for a new quarterback for the new regime, because you would assume Lock didn't show he can be the guy. But right now, I think like I said last off-season, get ready for disappointment, I think you all hoping for this grand replacement for Lock are again going to be disappointed.

Comment

• CanDB
        Football Immortal
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
        Realistically it is going to be Lock, a rookie, or a veteran free agent. I don't see any big name being traded like Ryan or Watson, why would an incoming coach get rid of the most important position in football making their job harder ? Fantasy land. Now, look at the veteran free-agent market and ask are any of them going to be better than Lock potentially in the long-term ? I don't see it. What about where we will pick in the draft ? Do you have a shot at a guy more talented and potentially better than Lock ? I don't see it right now, but who knows how the draft plays out.

Now, the big hurdle here is John Elway, he will be here, will he admit wrong again by picking another quarterback ? I doubt it. I think status quo remains this off-season, Lock gets another run at it, and we hope that things get better. Elway will be gone at the end of next year and if a full reset occurs then it would be a good time to look for a new quarterback for the new regime, because you would assume Lock didn't show he can be the guy. But right now, I think like I said last off-season, get ready for disappointment, I think you all hoping for this grand replacement for Lock are again going to be disappointed.
        My personal interest will be to know what cards Elway plays to secure the position. Will he prove that he is good to go with Lock with some minor enhancement, as in a lower draft pick or acquiring another so so backup vet? OR will he reset the deck and play hard ball in trying to secure a franchise QB? Or maybe something else, though I am not sure what that might be, other than staying with the group he has now and keep the competition going. So my attention will be on how he addresses the new season. And that will of course include FAs and draft choices other than at the QB position.

I guess I am saying that, although I can take my best guesses at which direction he goes for the entire lineup, I am looking forward to the cards he plays, which will give us a thorough reading of where he thinks this team is.

Comment

• Bronco51
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2005

If we're faced with another 'The Decision' situation, to me it signals that the organization already has 1 foot out the door and Lock will be gone sooner rather than later.

Comment

• DiveInstructor
            Starter
            • Dec 2020

Sounds like Trask is having a Drew Lock kinda game. Not watching it, so don't know how they happened, but the first pick sounded like the defender just read the route. LOL

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
              Football Immortal
              • May 2010

Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
              Sounds like Trask is having a Drew Lock kinda game. Not watching it, so don't know how they happened, but the first pick sounded like the defender just read the route. LOL
              with the GEorgia game and now his bowl game he has had 2 of his worst games of the year last 2 i think it will knock him out of hte first round
              sigpic
              oakland raders gm
              latavis murray trade bait

Comment

• DiveInstructor
                Starter
                • Dec 2020

Originally posted by Kyousukeneko View Post

with the GEorgia game and now his bowl game he has had 2 of his worst games of the year last 2 i think it will knock him out of hte first round
                Pretty sure he wasn't projected as a first round pick. I heard 2nd through 4th, with mocks putting him at best in the 2nd. Definitely not a first round pick.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                  Football Immortal
                  • May 2010

Pretty sure he wasn't projected as a first round pick. I heard 2nd through 4th, with mocks putting him at best in the 2nd. Definitely not a first round pick.
                  earlier in the season he was definitely being toted as a first round pick. i think it dropped off due to the fact he has an average skill set. nothing really jumps out about him and his game.

to be honest i am more interested in the QB on the other side in that game. i feel Spencer Rattler will end up as the first over all pick next year if he declears. he looks really good.
                  Last edited by Kyousukeneko; 12-30-2020, 07:11 PM.
                  sigpic
                  oakland raders gm

Comment

• DiveInstructor
                    Starter
                    • Dec 2020

earlier in the season he was definitely being toted as a first round pick. i think it dropped off due to the fact he has an average skill set. nothing really jumps out about him and his game.
                    The games I watched he was actually very good at drawing the defense with his eyes and creating opportunities for his receivers. Also, his passes had a great touch to them, which gave them one of the best passing games. Just found out his two main receivers opted out of the bowl game. That's huge, since he essentially had little more than those two receivers to go to. No wonder the game is a train wreck. When the receivers opted out, the spread went from 3 points in favor of Florida, to 7 points in favor of Oklahoma.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                      Football Immortal
                      • May 2010

The games I watched he was actually very good at drawing the defense with his eyes and creating opportunities for his receivers. Also, his passes had a great touch to them, which gave them one of the best passing games. Just found out his two main receivers opted out of the bowl game. That's huge, since he essentially had little more than those two receivers to go to. No wonder the game is a train wreck. When the receivers opted out, the spread went from 3 points in favor of Florida, to 7 points in favor of Oklahoma.
                      most scouting reports i have read says he has average accuracy and an average arm.
                      sigpic
                      oakland raders gm

Comment

• DiveInstructor
                        Starter
                        • Dec 2020

most scouting reports i have read says he has average accuracy and an average arm.
                        Watch the games.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                          Football Immortal
                          • May 2010

Watch the games.
                          Trask just doesn't interests me. i want more mobility in a QB then he offers. i like watching more the Dual threat guys.
                          sigpic
                          oakland raders gm

Comment

• JSwint22
                            Ring of Famer
                            • Feb 2010

Trask just doesn't interests me. i want more mobility in a QB then he offers. i like watching more the Dual threat guys.
                            I second this... Give me some dual threat
                            "Dwight Howard On The Post Dog!!"

Comment

• mozzerpete
                              All-Pro
                              • May 2008

If I am trying to replace Lock and Prescott becomes a free agent he would be my number 1 target taking I don't think the broncos will have a shot for a top qb that could actually replace Lock in the draft.

If we are looking for competition for Lock i would be in Winston cause i think he has the highest upside of any fa qb not named Dak Prescott.

Ps there's a draft and free agent area this probably belongs there.
                              There's a rumor circulating about a Mack for Dak trade,
                              which would complicate your scenario.

If Wintson is on the Broncos' radar, I hear he's fond of crab legs.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
                                Football Immortal
                                • May 2010

Originally posted by mozzerpete View Post

There's a rumor circulating about a Mack for Dak trade,
                                which would complicate your scenario.

If Wintson is on the Broncos' radar, I hear he's fond of crab legs.
                                Ya my scenario only works if dak hits fa. Which he should not
                                sigpic
                                oakland raders gm

Comment

Working...
                                X