Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Good that you pointed out Wilson CJ and he should definitely be considered by most NFL teams if they are in the market for a back-up or project QB. I don't follow college football very much but I live in Salt Lake City so of course there is always a lot of BYU coverage. It appears he could very much be the real deal for

I'll assume Denver like all teams seeking a QB have a shopping list of collage QB's to evaluate and if he's available he could be a the guy to grab. Or, if another team takes him before our pick they might use him as trade bait....you never know. This years draft / trade deadline action should be very interesting, no doubt.
    He's young, He's mobile, accurate, he could be the back up for our Starter.

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    What about Zach Wilson from BYU? Nobody on here seems to be talking about him. He is young, and he can back up Lock and possibly win the starting job.
    Good that you pointed out Wilson CJ and he should definitely be considered by most NFL teams if they are in the market for a back-up or project QB. I don't follow college football very much but I live in Salt Lake City so of course there is always a lot of BYU coverage. It appears he could very much be the real deal for some team.

I'll assume Denver like all teams seeking a QB have a shopping list of collage QB's to evaluate and if he's available he could be a the guy to grab. Or, if another team takes him before our pick they might use him as trade bait....you never know. This years draft / trade deadline action should be very interesting, no doubt.
    Last edited by jazzbodog; 02-05-2021, 08:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post

Wow great observation there!

I can conclude from this that there isn't anybody on the team worth a damn....

You really should be in the front office working for the broncos
    Next time I'll check with you before I post my opinion on a fan opinion board. Direct number, please...

Leave a comment:

• BroncosFanInPA
    replied
    Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Seriously? Honestly? What exactly tells you the team is improving? Certainly not its record over the past few years. The staff? A HC with a record that rivals Vance Joseph and a garbage OC. Please.

The defensive secondary is pretty much broken, the LB position lacks an LB that can cover, the D-line has one edge rusher that's been injured off and on since being acquired as #5, the other edge (LB) is on the downside of his career and coming off a season he didn't play because of injury, and the interior is mediocre. On the offense, you have a center that gets blown off the ball, a hole at RT, one RB who's ok but likely facing a few games suspension, a second RB that's broken half of the time and limited in skills, and young TE's/WR's where there's injuries and an inability to block. Oh, let's not forget the worst QB in the league, with no signs of a franchise/HOF QB in sight.

This team shows promise? Talk about drinking the orange kool-aid.
    Wow great observation there!

I can conclude from this that there isn't anybody on the team worth a damn....

You really should be in the front office working for the broncos

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied

I know what it means. If you find my criticisms annoying, then there are either one of two reasons: 1) I'm making a bunch of b.s. up to complain, or 2) I'm citing fact and you don't want to hear it. In this case, it's definitely #2. Broncos being "young" doesn't mean they're good and will succeed. My criticisms from the coaching staff down are accurate. It annoying you is your problem, not mine.
    Very good!
    Carry on now.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Whinge means to complain or whine. Whinge is primarily Like whine, whinge can mean to make a whining noise (often as part of complaining), or to complain with such a tone, or simply to complain in a way that's considered annoying.

I know what it means. If you find my criticisms annoying, then there are either one of two reasons: 1) I'm making a bunch of b.s. up to complain, or 2) I'm citing fact and you don't want to hear it. In this case, it's definitely #2. Broncos being "young" doesn't mean they're good and will succeed. My criticisms from the coaching staff down are accurate. It annoying you is your problem, not mine.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Whinge means to complain or whine. Whinge is primarily Like whine, whinge can mean to make a whining noise (often as part of complaining), or to complain with such a tone, or simply to complain in a way that's considered annoying.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied

Nice Whinge on your part!

We have a very young team at this point, and it takes a couple of years to get it together.

Whinge? Pfft. Tell me where I said something that was inaccurate. Oh, and without that QB, get used to the Broncos being irrelevant, as they've been since SB50.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied

Seriously? Honestly? What exactly tells you the team is improving? Certainly not its record over the past few years. The staff? A HC with a record that rivals Vance Joseph and a garbage OC. Please.

The defensive secondary is pretty much broken, the LB position lacks an LB that can cover, the D-line has one edge rusher that's been injured off and on since being acquired as #5, the other edge (LB) is on the downside of his career and coming off a season he didn't play because of injury, and the interior is mediocre. On the offense, you have a center that gets blown off the ball, a hole at RT, one RB who's ok but likely facing a few games suspension, a second RB that's broken half of the time and limited in skills, and young TE's/WR's where there's injuries and an inability to block. Oh, let's not forget the worst QB in the league, with no signs of a franchise/HOF QB in sight.

Nice Whinge on your part!

We have a very young team at this point, and it takes a couple of years to get it together.

Last edited by Capt. Jack; 02-04-2021, 09:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied

Some people on the board like to Whinge about John Elway, when In fact he has done great things in Denver!!!!
    I think we have things set up for the future with lots of young talent acquired in the last few drafts.
    ( Now the team just needs to get it all together, and learn how to win NFL games as a team.)

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by WYBRONCO View Post

You said Kaepernick, That is funny .

I totally agree with you He threw Elway under the bus for underbidding him and he hasn't played a down since. I have no problem with Darnold as long as we give up very little to get him.

Someone suggested Lance in the 2nd. We would be idiots to not take him if he fell that far. I wouldn't be mad if we took him at #9 but that is above my pay grade which is free.
    Some people on the board like to Whinge about John Elway, when In fact he has done great things in Denver!!!!
    I think we have things set up for the future with lots of young talent acquired in the last few drafts.
    ( Now the team just needs to get it all together, and learn how to win NFL games as a team.)

Leave a comment:

• WYBRONCO
    replied
    Kaepernick had his chance, John Elway was willing to help resurrect that guy's career. (It was unwise for Kaepernick not to come to Denver when he had the chance)

I think we should stay the course, and just try to develop young quarterbacks from here on out, until we find the right one.

You said Kaepernick, That is funny .

I totally agree with you He threw Elway under the bus for underbidding him and he hasn't played a down since. I have no problem with Darnold as long as we give up very little to get him.

Someone suggested Lance in the 2nd. We would be idiots to not take him if he fell that far. I wouldn't be mad if we took him at #9 but that is above my pay grade which is free.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Kaepernick had his chance, John Elway was willing to help resurrect that guy's career. (It was unwise for Kaepernick not to come to Denver when he had the chance)

I think we should stay the course, and just try to develop young quarterbacks from here on out, until we find the right one.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam_Z View Post

I still think we’re signing Dalton or trading for Darnold!
    I can see trading for Darnold as he has underutilised skills that might be unlocked, but Dalton would be a bad move as he clearly does not have upside to do anything relevant in the division. Darnold does flash things that could give hope (as does Lock actually but it does not seem we have the key to unlock his potential)

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

Kyle also got 10mil a year to play back up for the cowboys. Elway was only willing to offer Collin 7mil to be a starter and tried to squeeze another 4.9m from the 9ers to cover his base.

Heres some stats.......

Kaep 2016

1-10 Record

59.2% Comp

2241 passing

16/4 TD/INT

468/2 RUS/TD

Lock 2020

4-9 Record

57.3 Comp

2933 passing

16/15 TD/INT

160/3 RUS/TD

PS. Weren't you a founding member of the Kyle Orton Army?
    Kyle Orton Army - maybe you should look at my signup date that is a few years before yours!
    Plummer and Tebow are the ones that were a whole lot more special than many give them credit for.

Why would you even replace Lock with Kaepernick?
    At least Lock was able to score more than the opponents a few times.
    From mid 2014 season Colin Kaepernick was a turd with even Blaine Gabbert winning at a higher clip.
    In Quarterback rating CK was as low as Lock. There is no football argument for CK as I see it - why should Elway pay for the worst QB in NFL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X