Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Staffords 32. He works if these ding dongs can't get Watson
    Let’s say they try to get Watson, but can’t. How are they ding dongs?

Watson is trying to force his way to where he wants to go. Denver isn’t it.

Stafford is a better option, if for no other reason than to show Lock how to throw for gaudy stats without being a turnover machine.

With the Broncos defense and run game, Stafford can help win games and possibly compete for championships.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Stafford is the furthest thing from a Flacco 2.0. They aren’t even in the same spectrum of QB in their primes when healthy. There are 2 QBs all time with at least 45,000 passing yards and less than 150 interceptions. Rodgers and Stafford.

To say no to Stafford would be extremely foolish. Let’s say no to the best QB to potentially come to Denver since Manning. Make sense! Stafford is 32 and more than a “band aid,” considering we haven’t been able to stop the bleeding since Manning left. And yes that also includes your pride and joy, Drew Lock.

Stafford immediately makes us the second best team in the division, not the worst.
      2016 Adopt-A-Bronco: CB-Chris Harris Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mosk View Post
        Stafford is the furthest thing from a Flacco 2.0. They aren’t even in the same spectrum of QB in their primes when healthy. There are 2 QBs all time with at least 45,000 passing yards and less than 150 interceptions. Rodgers and Stafford.

To say no to Stafford would be extremely foolish. Let’s say no to the best QB to potentially come to Denver since Manning. Make sense! Stafford is 32 and more than a “band aid,” considering we haven’t been able to stop the bleeding since Manning left. And yes that also includes your pride and joy, Drew Lock.

Stafford immediately makes us the second best team in the division, not the worst.
        For all them yards and accolades you're handing out to Stafford. How many times has he won his division? I'll wait.
        :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

For all them yards and accolades you're handing out to Stafford. How many times has he won his division? I'll wait.
          Football is a team sport, and Detroit has been a dumpster fire for a while. To blame it all on Stafford means you don’t watch football. Stafford can sling the rock, with the young offense and the defense we have in place, we’re a Wild Card team.

Comment

Football is a team sport, and Detroit has been a dumpster fire for a while. To blame it all on Stafford means you don’t watch football. Stafford can sling the rock, with the young offense and the defense we have in place, we’re a Wild Card team.
            Very true . Watson is getting paid 150 million . They won 4 games . Not that I want Stafford. I want Lock to become the guy . I just hope he steps it up.

Comment

• Time will tell. Paton and Fangio, as adversaries, should be very familiar with Stafford.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post

Very true . Watson is getting paid 150 million . They won 4 games . Not that I want Stafford. I want Lock to become the guy . I just hope he steps it up.
                From everything I’m reading, I’m almost certain Watson ends up in New York. They have the draft capital and cap space to make it work, and they could even throw in Darnold.

Stafford is due 43 million over the next two seasons, and I believe that is a steal for a QB with his skill. I like the idea of trading for Stafford, then being able to use our first round pick on a CB or another defensive player. We also need to address the RT position, as I feel James has a lot of work to do to earn trust from coaches and teammates.

I was just about as big of a Lock supporter as there can be. I think not having a offseason player a part in his poor play, but he lead the league in turnovers for a reason. I was able to meet Lock in Miami last year during the Super Bowl week. Great kid, and was able to get his autograph.

Comment

From everything I’m reading, I’m almost certain Watson ends up in New York. They have the draft capital and cap space to make it work, and they could even throw in Darnold.

Stafford is due 43 million over the next two seasons, and I believe that is a steal for a QB with his skill. I like the idea of trading for Stafford, then being able to use our first round pick on a CB or another defensive player. We also need to address the RT position, as I feel James has a lot of work to do to earn trust from coaches and teammates.

I was just about as big of a Lock supporter as there can be. I think not having a offseason player a part in his poor play, but he lead the league in turnovers for a reason. I was able to meet Lock in Miami last year during the Super Bowl week. Great kid, and was able to get his autograph.
                  Stafford never had a running game. I think having Gordon as RB1 and the threat of Lindsy would be the best COMBO he's ever had.

Since 2010 Staffords RB:

ABDULLAH
                  BUSH
                  LESHOURE
                  BEST
                  BLOUNT
                  JOHNSON
                  PETERSON (washed)

If Stafford came I would love to see one VET WR added to solidify this group for 1-2 years like Stokley did with DT and Decker. Not sure if Sanders has anything left to prove but a Rod smith mentor roll on the field would solidify him in Denver. If not here's some other options with im sure Hilton being the most expensive.

SANDERS
                  SANU
                  GREEN
                  HILTON
                  WATKINS

Comment

Only problem with your scenario is Detroit’s reported asking price for Stafford is a 1st round pick.
                    sigpic

Comment

I watch more than you think. In big time games Stafford folds. Hes like a kirk cousins just can't win big time meaningful games. Also Stafford made the playoffs once. Tebow couldn't play at the nfl level but he made the playoffs as many times as Stafford has. If you're truly a great qb 10 wins shouldn't be hard to get or at least be a wild card contender. The lions has been dead last in their divsion for the last few seasons.
                      :go:

Comment

Stafford is the furthest thing from a Flacco 2.0. They aren’t even in the same spectrum of QB in their primes when healthy. There are 2 QBs all time with at least 45,000 passing yards and less than 150 interceptions. Rodgers and Stafford.

I'm saying NO.

Where are the playoffs....he is injury prone.....beside he not coming here. HE too has a no trade clause. He said he was to go to a team that can compete for a title....5-11 Denver team does seem attractive. One with 5 losing seasons. Just don't see matt wanting to come here.
                        My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post

You dont pay a qb that much bases off one year...what he did before this year is why he got paid. Please understand that. Just last year he was one game away from conference championship game.
                          My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

You dont pay a qb that much bases off one year...what he did before this year is why he got paid. Please understand that. Just last year he was one game away from conference championship game.

my reference was to Stafford not having playmakers on his team. Just like Watson last year. I'd take Watson over Stafford in a heart beat . I'm Watson or just roll with Lock . Now with Watson coming out and saying he wants to be a Jet its pretty much a done deal , we ain't getting him.

Comment

• Originally posted by qbronco View Post

Only problem with your scenario is Detroit’s reported asking price for Stafford is a 1st round pick.
                              Maybe 2021 1st and swap 2022 1st?

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

Winston aint leaving New Orleans especially if Brees retire. Even if he doesn't why would you want to bring Winston of all people here? That dude aint win nothing in this league either. If that was the case at least they should have made a play for Haskins.

Winston has proven who he is in the league. You draft a Qb. Yes our coaching staff stinks but you act like they'll be here beyond this season. The new Gm will eventually bring in his own coach so I say stand pat with Lock. Let him either surprise or fail either way when its time you pull the plug on him, trade him or waive him and start fresh with Wilson or Fields or someone you draft this year.

Only Veteran I would kind of listen to or want is either Darnold or Watson. Watson costs way to much though.
                                Winston has shown enough that he can potentially be a franchise QB. And there's no certainty that he's staying in New Orleans.

Winston at least throws for way more yardage and touchdowns than Lock. He threw for 5000 yards and 30 TD's last year. And yes, I know about the picks, but at least you get TD's to go along with them, unlike Lock who rarely puts the ball in the end zone. If Winston was our QB, we would have beaten Tennessee and the Chargers, Chiefs and Raiders the second time around each. He's a much better QB than Lock.

And drafting a QB if this staff won't be around long is pointless because the next staff will probably want their own QB.

At this point it makes sense to roll with Lock.

No to an old, injury prone Stafford.
                                No to Andy Dalton or Mitch Trubisky or anyone of that kind.

​​​​​
                                Last edited by sra84; 01-24-2021, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X