Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post

Maybe 2021 1st and swap 2022 1st?
    I wouldn’t mind using a 1st round pick on an established NFL starting quarterback. To me, the draft is always a gamble. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. This is true for all players and not just quarterbacks.

I prefer Watson to Stafford for a couple of reasons. One is age. Watson is younger and would potentially stabilize the position for the Broncos over a longer period of time. The second is Watson’s ability to be a dual threat. I think this is preferable in today’s NFL. A mobile quarterback helps makes up for poor Oline play and also changes the way a defense schemes and reacts. The RPO is gaining popularity in the game.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post

Winston has shown enough that he can potentially be a franchise QB. And there's no certainty that he's staying in New Orleans.

Winston at least throws for way more yardage and touchdowns than Lock. He threw for 5000 yards and 30 TD's last year. And yes, I know about the picks, but at least you get TD's to go along with them, unlike Lock who rarely puts the ball in the end zone. If Winston was our QB, we would have beaten Tennessee and the Chargers, Chiefs and Raiders the second time around each. He's a much better QB than Lock.

And drafting a QB if this staff won't be around long is pointless because the next staff will probably want their own QB.

At this point it makes sense to roll with Lock.

No to an old, injury prone Stafford.
      No to Andy Dalton or Mitch Trubisky or anyone of that kind.

​​​​​
      I agree on the no to Stafford Dalton...tribisky id be curious about. He took a bears team with no weapons hardly well Robinson is good but maybe id entertain him depending on how expensive he may be. Id be curious with Mitch wont lie.
      :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post

my reference was to Stafford not having playmakers on his team. Just like Watson last year. I'd take Watson over Stafford in a heart beat . I'm Watson or just roll with Lock . Now with Watson coming out and saying he wants to be a Jet its pretty much a done deal , we ain't getting him.
        Show me where "Deshaun" has said he wants to go to the Jets and "not" someone else.
        My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

• Not surprising to me, but just saw another report that Watson is expected to request a trade. Where there's smoke there's fire, and my gut says he's about 85% gone. We may not be in the running, but as we have noted, at least kick the tires of possibility.

Comment

• Say Watson goes to The Jets....in a way it would be karma given how they lost the #1 pick by winning games. Would be ok with me, if not us.

Comment

• [QUOTE=qbronco;n8347891]
              Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

Yes, I strongly believe their defense won Super Bowl 50 for the Broncos. Other than being inspirational, Peyton Manning did not do much that game.

As far as the whole 2015 season goes, yes, Manning had his moments but he was also benched in favor of Osweiler. I think recognition of his diminishing skills played a big part in Peyton’s decision to retire afterwards. Even by his own admission, I think Manning would admit to having a subpar season.
              Absolutely Miller and company went out there and grabbed SB 50 and yes, Manning did a good job of not losing the game with any bone head plays. However, no matter who's on the bench and who's on the field as the QB, they pulled off 15 wins + SB. I understand your opinion, I would rate the quarterbacking at a little ABOVE average, not below average.

Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by Mosk View Post
                Stafford is the furthest thing from a Flacco 2.0. They aren’t even in the same spectrum of QB in their primes when healthy. There are 2 QBs all time with at least 45,000 passing yards and less than 150 interceptions. Rodgers and Stafford.

To say no to Stafford would be extremely foolish. Let’s say no to the best QB to potentially come to Denver since Manning. Make sense! Stafford is 32 and more than a “band aid,” considering we haven’t been able to stop the bleeding since Manning left. And yes that also includes your pride and joy, Drew Lock.

Stafford immediately makes us the second best team in the division, not the worst.
                I had previously mentioned Stafford = Flacco 2.0 because in 2019,
                Denver's OL was a big reason why Flacco went on IR after going 2-6.

I don't trust Stafford under Denver's current OL.

Hopefully, I'm wrong but I just don't see Stafford working out in Denver as people hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Show me where "Deshaun" has said he wants to go to the Jets and "not" someone else.

I didn't say he didn't want to play for anyone except the Jets , I said he wants to be a Jet.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ts/ar-BB1d3fBF

Comment

• Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post

I didn't say he didn't want to play for anyone except the Jets , I said he wants to be a Jet.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ts/ar-BB1d3fBF
                    Again...I want to see Deshaun say it...thats just a reporter.... but hey we look at this in different ways.
                    My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

Again...I want to see Deshaun say it...thats just a reporter.... but hey we look at this in different ways.
                      https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...248718210.html

Unless they are lying he confirmed it..... and of course its always a possibility.

Comment

• Watson is impossible. Only 2 teams have enough capital to get him, and that’s the Jets and Dolphins, it’ll be between those 2 teams, end of story there.

Now, Stafford is a bit more likely. That will probably come down to the 49ers, WFT, Colts, and Broncos. Of those, 49ers can offer the best package, then probably the Broncos.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                          Watson is impossible. Only 2 teams have enough capital to get him, and that’s the Jets and Dolphins, it’ll be between those 2 teams, end of story there.

Now, Stafford is a bit more likely. That will probably come down to the 49ers, WFT, Colts, and Broncos. Of those, 49ers can offer the best package, then probably the Broncos.
                          Oh god, not another "we hope he'll be great here" QB. If they can't get a guy who shows he'll be great (Stafford is not that guy), then work through the first round draft to get the best you can, until you find your HOF QB, and don't let up until you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Oh god, not another "we hope he'll be great here" QB. If they can't get a guy who shows he'll be great (Stafford is not that guy), then work through the first round draft to get the best you can, until you find your HOF QB, and don't let up until you do.
                            Yes sorry to say its another one...im like you I don't get it. Say he players 5 years....we will need another qb...and mahomes will only be 30 years old....like what the hell we need a young qb....this is crazy...why some can't see this

Oh wait you will have the media heads say

"JETS and Miami are the only teams that can get him or thats where Deshaun said he wants to go.. like he's gonna sit there and name ALL the teams he is willing to go to."

If the qb is not addressed 6 straight losing seasons on the way.

Comment

• I hate to say it but we’ll have to suffer through another season of Drew Lock football because Elway “THINKS” Drew can be better. We all know the truth and that is that John is stubborn and really fears being wrong.

Eventually a new owner will named and that’s when we will get a new QB and who knows if that QB will be legitimate or not even at that time.

Comment

Its funny as hell how you think you know what Denver is gonna do... what you fail to realize is he has a NO trade clause so it doesn't matter what team can "offer" the most he has to approve the trade...

Jets, 2nd pick tons of money....no wrs, no t.e, no running game, no def....ummmmm yeah if I'm Deshaun I wanna go there

Miami 3rd pick ok wrs, good t.e ok run game good def but no oline...now this may be attractive I can't lie

Denver- has a better overall offense than both teams Sutton, Judy, fant, and a good line.

I personally think Denver has just as good of chance as any team to land him.

Bottom line its up to Deshaun to approve the trade.....and least 25 other teams will be looking at him too be he is a GREAT qb thats only 25.
                                Man great call....you really got your Ear2dastreets.......
                                New England Patriots GM

Comment

Working...
                                X