Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco51
    replied
    I heard him today on the morning show saying that Watson's camp has told Denver they were 1 of 4 teams he would listen to. Don't know how long this info has been out there, but he spoke on it this morning.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

Klis the Broncos beat reporter said on the radio that through Watson's camp there were 4 teams he would be willing to listen to, and Denver is one of them.
    Didn't he say that long time ago?

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Where is this information located?
    Klis the Broncos beat reporter said on the radio that through Watson's camp there were 4 teams he would be willing to listen to, and Denver is one of them.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

i haven't found anything from Houston or Watson, but his former teammate Kareem Jackson had tweeted that he is pitching Denver to Watson.
    Yea, im just curious on where he got this info from and if it holds any truths?

Leave a comment:

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

i haven't found anything from Houston or Watson, but his former teammate Kareem Jackson had tweeted that he is pitching Denver to Watson.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    The fact that Watson is willing to listen to Denver is very exciting.

Leave a comment:

• MHOC
    replied
    I wish I was. They think they can Flip Carr for 2 #1s and package that with other picks to get him.

Leave a comment:

• orange crush75
    replied
    Originally posted by MHOC View Post
    Sounds like the Raiders have a good shot to get Watson.
    Please tell me your kidding

Leave a comment:

• MHOC
    replied
    Sounds like the Raiders have a good shot to get Watson.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Game point Elway.

Please to God do not low ball Houston like you did to SF for Kaepernick.

You offer 3 firsts and Lock

​​​​​Or

2 Firsts Von Miller and Lock

Nothing less

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    How disappointed are people going to be if/when Lock is the #1 guy going into the season?
    Depends how he got there. If it's because the Broncos have done nothing to bring in more QB talent, the disappointment might be directed at the front office. If he beats out someone they bring in through improved play, then I bet many, like myself, will be glad he did it.

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied
    How disappointed are people going to be if/when Lock is the #1 guy going into the season?
    I can see that being the case. Although, I think the team would benefit from bringing in someone to compete with Lock.

I've already accepted that 2021 is going to be another losing season, mostly, because Fangio is still our coach, and, unless we pull off a miraculous trade for Watson, we're not going to contend for anything other than not being the worst team in the division, and, possibly, the conference.

​​​​​​And people continue to point to Lock only playing 18 games, but, the difference is, guys like Burrow, Herbert, Allen and Murray all showed flashes of their greatness early on while Lock had shown nothing of that sort. That's why some of us don't buy into whole he needs more time when others have shown flashes in their first 18 games.

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

It is. Curious to see what Paton does about this. Heard that Stafford was off the table because Paton didn't want to give away draft picks. Wondering if he thinks the same when it comes to Watson.
    Three 1st round picks and a player or two is probably the starting point. Worth it in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    It is. Curious to see what Paton does about this. Heard that Stafford was off the table because Paton didn't want to give away draft picks. Wondering if he thinks the same when it comes to Watson.

Leave a comment:

• lvbronx
    replied
    I think the most likely scenario is we bring in a vet like Fitz or Dalton as vet backup and insurance for Lock. An option I haven't seen mentioned is possibly trading down a few spots, getting a couple of extra picks, and then drafting Mac Jones. An issue with this seems to be a team trading up would do so to get Jones...but just for discussion.

IMO Lock is like getting a free lotto ticket. We traded down to get Fant and also got a pick which was part of us drafting Lock. We got value from Fant and a "free" look at Lock. Lock wasn't even our first Second round pick, Risner was. There's plenty of blame for Elway concerning QBs, Lock isn't one of them. Low risk/high gain.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X