Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a wild thought. Disgruntled Aaron Rodgers decides to leave G.B. due to his coach deciding to kick a field goal instead of actually letting Rodgers possibly win the NFC title game. So, before anyone can blink an eye, the Broncos sneak under the radar and pull off a 2-3 year deal with Rodgers similar to the Manning deal. And maybe....huge maybe....we get a SB win and Lock gets to learn from a HOF QB for a couple of years. +1
    Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post
      Here's a wild thought. Disgruntled Aaron Rodgers decides to leave G.B. due to his coach deciding to kick a field goal instead of actually letting Rodgers possibly win the NFC title game. So, before anyone can blink an eye, the Broncos sneak under the radar and pull off a 2-3 year deal with Rodgers similar to the Manning deal. And maybe....huge maybe....we get a SB win and Lock gets to learn from a HOF QB for a couple of years. +1
      Sign me up for that one!! Yep I know we are dreaming but it would be fun.

Comment

Here's a wild thought. Disgruntled Aaron Rodgers decides to leave G.B. due to his coach deciding to kick a field goal instead of actually letting Rodgers possibly win the NFC title game. So, before anyone can blink an eye, the Broncos sneak under the radar and pull off a 2-3 year deal with Rodgers similar to the Manning deal. And maybe....huge maybe....we get a SB win and Lock gets to learn from a HOF QB for a couple of years. +1
        Nope.

He’s doing his Farve impersonation.
        My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
        You Mad Bro?
        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Nope.

He’s doing his Farve impersonation.
          Good one!
          Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

That was one of the dumbest play calls I've ever witnessed. Trouble is, Fangio and Shurmur are arguably not an upgrade to what Rodgers has now. Why would he want to come to a team with a string of losing seasons, no post-season presence, one of the worst offenses, a mediocre but broken defense, lousy coaching, and uncertainty in ownership? That sure doesn't sound like a smart career decision.
            Last edited by DiveInstructor; 01-25-2021, 08:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

That was one of the dumbest play calls I've ever witnessed. Trouble is, Fangio and Shurmur are arguably not an upgrade to what Rodgers has now. Why would he want to come to a team with a string of losing seasons, no post-season presence, one of the worst offenses, a mediocre but broken defense, lousy coaching, and uncertainty in ownership? That sure doesn't sound like a smart career decision.
              Our defense was top 10 even with all the injuries. We're also one of the most loaded offenses in terms of weapons. Plus we're young and have a great cap situation.

A good QB could make us an instant contender.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonny_Quest View Post

Our defense was top 10 even with all the injuries. We're also one of the most loaded offenses in terms of weapons. Plus we're young and have a great cap situation.

A good QB could make us an instant contender.
                Curious where the top 10 defense talk comes from. They were decent against the pass, but near bottom of the league against the rush. They were also one of the worst defenses in take aways. Throw in that when playing the inept Broncos offense, the opposition offense didn't have to do much to stay ahead. The weapons on offense are also a lot of speculation. WR's are young and poor blockers. One RB is decent, the other is broken much of the time and very limited. Fant was injured, as was Albert O. The o-line isn't great, either.

And, the rubber meets the road in wins/losses. In that area, the Broncos aren't good at all. Shurmur certainly isn't an offensive mastermind. Rodgers' Packers made the conference championship. The Broncos didn't even get a wild card nod. Rodgers would be turning his back on a good, playoff caliber team to one that can only offer speculation and hope. Not a smart move, especially considering his age. He doesn't have time for a rebuild.

Comment

• Lance or Jones, gotta keep swinging til we hit.

Comment

Would offcause be interesting - but if you were Aaron Rodgers would you then chosse to go to a division with Patrick Mahomes as he is playing right now and with the weapons he has?

It could work and the religious ones mentions "iron sharpens iron" but you did not see a flood of FAs that wanted to go to the Jets, Bills or Dolphins in years past.

We might be better off trading our first round pick for multiple 2th-4th rounders and pick 3 QBs every year in those rounds until we strike dumb luck.
                    Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 01-26-2021, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post
                      The weapons on offense are also a lot of speculation. WR's are young and poor blockers. One RB is decent, the other is broken much of the time and very limited. Fant was injured, as was Albert O. The o-line isn't great, either.
                      DT Decker and JT were also young/injured with an ok line and questionable running backs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post

DT Decker and JT were also young/injured with an ok line and questionable running backs.
                        The Colts turned their back on Manning and were looking to get rid of him, replacing him with Luck. Manning didn't play his final year with the Colts, the Colts went 2-14, and Manning was looking for a home, with his injury adding a question mark to his future. Rodgers is not in that situation, either on his team, or physically. He's in a much different professional position both with his team and should he want to leave.
                        Last edited by DiveInstructor; 01-26-2021, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• I say trust lock for another year. No reason not to.

Comment

• Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
                            I say trust lock for another year. No reason not to.
                            Except wasting yet another 2 years if he doesn't work out. Draft a QB in the first, even if it means paying up a bit to try to reach the guy you like. Let Lock compete for the job in 2021 against that guy. And, if neither look good at the end of 2021, do it again in 2022. Don't burn time on hope alone. Increase your chance of success by continually stocking that QB position with the best drafts possible at that position.

Comment

• Keep drafting QB's till we get a "keeper".
                              Till then we gotta suffer with Drew Lock.
                              ( Ya never know, maybe he will surprise us all and get better?)

Comment

• You can’t just keep drafting a quarterback.

You do have to try to support the one you have.

While I’m fine with moving on from Lock , if that’s what they decide to do, I’m also okay with them giving him another year.
                                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                                You Mad Bro?
                                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X