Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncoyearound
    replied
    Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Hope is B.S. Every year it's an "I hope" some mediocre QB under center is enough for the Broncos to return to being a team that matters. I'm getting tired of hope. I won't be spending money on Broncos tickets if they're going to put garbage on the field. Heck, it's getting to the point where I'm starting to watch other games instead of the Broncos.
    True we keep swinging until you get a sure thing at Qb. Most of us are still in the unknown is Lock good or isn't he? I been made my decision on Lock but some think he can improve. If you have to ask the question 9 out of 10 times that means he isn't the answer. I don't expect him to reach a lvl of Allen. I think his ceiling is Garapolo in Sf. He can't win you a game when it matters he'll need someone else to make the play or the team to be good around him.

I want a Qb that can put the team on his back and win us the game. Too often we trot out with a qb where things have to go right for us to win. I don't know how many times our qb has been favored to win matches in the past few season.

Also get rid of the notion that Lock was a rookie qb. He played 5 games his rookie year and every qb went without otas and its looking like he will go through another off season with no otas. Are you guys going to use that as as scapegoat for the second year? Year three if Lock is here he needs to put up or ship out.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by johnlimburg

I found it funnier that despite the failures of this team and the poor decision making for years on end now, that the excuses and refusal to acknowledge the obvious problem was ignored. But it seems like the 4th losing season in a row seemed to get a few more people to acknowledge their boyhood hero wasn't good at his job any longer. It's an odd dynamic though. Those homer fans who see no negative, always claimed to be better fans, but really they supported an individual who was the reason for the team being in the state that it was in, strange.
    You seem hell-bent on bashing Elway

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    CIt's just so funny the way the fans cry about one year of having a rookie quarterback
    I found it funnier that despite the failures of this team and the poor decision making for years on end now, that the excuses and refusal to acknowledge the obvious problem was ignored. But it seems like the 4th losing season in a row seemed to get a few more people to acknowledge their boyhood hero wasn't good at his job any longer. It's an odd dynamic though. Those homer fans who see no negative, always claimed to be better fans, but really they supported an individual who was the reason for the team being in the state that it was in, the team they support, strange.

Leave a comment:

• Tdeng88
    replied
    Thoughts on Kellen Mond?

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    It's just so funny the way the fans cry about one year of having a rookie quarterback.
    Last edited by Capt. Jack; 02-02-2021, 11:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Could you imagine what this fan base would do, if we did, what the Eagles did, and gave Carson Wentz 100 million dollars and he flopped?
    ?????

Ju'wuan James.

Never throw rocks when living in a glass house.

Leave a comment:

• johnlimburg
    replied
    Could you imagine what this fan base would do, if we did, what the Eagles did, and gave Carson Wentz 100 million dollars and he flopped?
    ?????

It would depend if it was Elway who gave him the contract or not, if so excuses would be made for years on end to justify it. And to be fair Elway has been wasting more than that keeping veterans around past their expiry dates on bad deals he gave them (Harris, Marshall, Wolfe, Stewert), and handing out horrible inflated contracts to mediocre free agents anyway (James, Keenum, Flacco, Bouye). Some of them he even gave up draft picks to bring their contracts on board.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    ?????

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

I hope 2021 will be an improvement over 2020 however I agree with you 100%.
    Hope is B.S. Every year it's an "I hope" some mediocre QB under center is enough for the Broncos to return to being a team that matters. I'm getting tired of hope. I won't be spending money on Broncos tickets if they're going to put garbage on the field. Heck, it's getting to the point where I'm starting to watch other games instead of the Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
    replied
    Originally posted by jazzbodog View Post

I agree. I wish we could stay away from "retread quarterbacks" but I understand desperation usually pushes teams into blind faith mode with fingers crossed.
    Lock realizes he's not what the Broncos thought he was and if we stick with him and he proves he was worth the wait in 2021, cool. If not...Bummer.

Big conundrum for the Broncos. I believe there's a chance 2021 could be worse than 2020. At this point in time, many challenges to overcome.
    What will they look like in 2022? Decent improvement or more heart ache? I hate our predicament.
    I hope 2021 will be an improvement over 2020 however I agree with you 100%.

Leave a comment:

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post

I do not want either.
    I agree. I wish we could stay away from "retread quarterbacks" but I understand desperation usually pushes teams into blind faith mode with fingers crossed.
    Lock realizes he's not what the Broncos thought he was and if we stick with him and he proves he was worth the wait in 2021, cool. If not...Bummer.

Big conundrum for the Broncos. I believe there's a chance 2021 could be worse than 2020. At this point in time, many challenges to overcome.
    What will they look like in 2022? Decent improvement or more heart ache? I hate our predicament.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

The thing is that Wentz and to some extend Trubisky and Darnold are QBs that like Jake Plummer when he came to Denver had obvious skills, and was in a bad situation where we don't know how much is their own doing. Wentz looked great - but could he have done what Foles did? If you are going the FA way then they are the kind of players - obvious skills and underperformance - that could become great or would just contuínue to fade.

Wentz could keep up but nost likely he will not, but that should have been the same evaluation we had on Plummer, and I would love some Snake magic instead of Lock tragic!
    I did like Plummer.....

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied
    Originally posted by CanDB View Post
    The fact we made an offer for Stafford tells me a number of things, including the fact that nothing is for sure, and that we could be in on the Watson discussion. And pending who's out there, we may be in on other QB discussions.

I was impressed with Wentz when he joined The Eagles. He was looking to be a long term success. But he does not look like the same guy anymore. I would rather we move on, and find a more legit starter.
    The thing is that Wentz and to some extend Trubisky and Darnold are QBs that like Jake Plummer when he came to Denver had obvious skills, and was in a bad situation where we don't know how much is their own doing. Wentz looked great - but could he have done what Foles did? If you are going the FA way then they are the kind of players - obvious skills and underperformance - that could become great or would just contuínue to fade.

Wentz could keep up but nost likely he will not, but that should have been the same evaluation we had on Plummer, and I would love some Snake magic instead of Lock tragic!

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Originally posted by qbronco View Post

This is what I hope happens.

Watson is a long shot. None of the free agent quarterbacks look much better than Lock. Besides, the Broncos have already played the free agent quarterback game without any success the past five years.
    Not that I'm an advocate of most of the free agent QB's, but many do look better than Lock. Lock's almost 50/50 when it comes to TDs/INTs. Even Dalton is about 75/25. Lock pretty much sucks. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    The fact we made an offer for Stafford tells me a number of things, including the fact that nothing is for sure, and that we could be in on the Watson discussion. And pending who's out there, we may be in on other QB discussions.

I was impressed with Wentz when he joined The Eagles. He was looking to be a long term success. But he does not look like the same guy anymore. I would rather we move on, and find a more legit starter.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X