Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jazzbodog
    replied
    Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Im glad our FO jumped on the opertunity so quickly to upgrade Lock.....smh

so now what?

Watson to the 9er's and Gimmy G back in NE. Smells like another 6 win season with Lock at the helm in Denver?
    6 win season? Maybe....but only if the 2021 schedule pits the Broncos against numerous weak teams and even then we may struggle to win 5-6 games. Sad.

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post

We saved all our draft capital to draft players we won’t need and won’t be a factor for another few years. But that’s all part of the plan since we’re going to picking in the top 10 for the foreseeable future. Yay.

Since the quality of the deal is so important, we can get a steal on another Flacco!

And agree with others, since Stafford brought in several top picks, we’re in no way in on the Watson race.

guess is Sam Darnold, or Goff is likely available. Plenary of bottom tier QBs we can grab to compete with Lock. That way he gets half the reps. All is this looks like more of the same.
    Flacco was not a steal...we paid heavy on salary cap. People overpay for QBs...that is the nature of the current NFL. The Rams just sent a loaded deal for a QB who has 4 winning seasons in 12 years....2 of those years were 9 win seasons.

If we keep changing QBs every 16-18 games it really does not matter how we acquire them imo....they will fail.

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post

We saved all our draft capital to draft players we won’t need and won’t be a factor for another few years. But that’s all part of the plan since we’re going to picking in the top 10 for the foreseeable future. Yay.

Since the quality of the deal is so important, we can get a steal on another Flacco!

And agree with others, since Stafford brought in several top picks, we’re in no way in on the Watson race.

guess is Sam Darnold, or Goff is likely available. Plenary of bottom tier QBs we can grab to compete with Lock. That way he gets half the reps. All is this looks like more of the same.
    Even with an A+ draft grade not a chance Vegas has this team at more then 7.5/8 wins for the season again with out a change at QB

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSynapses
    replied
    Originally posted by Hadez View Post
    Now that Stafford is going to the Rams and the Texas GM saying Watson not being traded who we going for now?

Who is the next QB we will give up on after 18 games?

Leave a comment:

• rst08tierney
    replied
    Im glad our FO jumped on the opertunity so quickly to upgrade Lock.....smh

so now what?

Watson to the 9er's and Gimmy G back in NE. Smells like another 6 win season with Lock at the helm in Denver?

Leave a comment:

• Hadez
    replied
    Now that Stafford is going to the Rams and the Texas GM saying Watson not being traded who we going for now?

Who is the next QB we will give up on after 18 games?

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by Mosk View Post
    Drafting a day 1 or day 2 QB would be a huge mistake.
    It’s only a mistake if they think he’s not better than Lock.

Leave a comment:

• Mosk
    replied
    I wanted Stafford, but I’m glad we didn’t pay that price for him. Watson and Stafford were the only guys I was willing to see Lock replaced by, so with both out of question, Lock it is.

Just have to hope another offseason helps him, and build around him this year as if he’s your franchise QB and see. Drafting a day 1 or day 2 QB would be a huge mistake.

Leave a comment:

• BiscuitBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Bring back Drew Lock!
    Continuity with the team, and coaches, things may be better???
    (Don't give up the farm for any player.)

JMO

I am all in favour of upgrading the most important position, however looking at what the Rams had to give up for Stafford, I cannot conceive of a way we could afford Watson without decimating the team and surrendering way too much draft capital. Instead, we could trade up a bit and take a gamble on a draft prospect, or stick with Lock, hoping he can develop and improving his supporting cast.

Leave a comment:

• colowoz01
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

If he’s not worth a first round pick, why bother?

We already have a 2nd rounder that might not be good enough.
    Actually I believe he is worth the # 9 pick and hate to see a team like the Patriots draft him at #15, if S.F. passes on him at # 12. He will not make it past the first round..

Today showed us what an NFL QB is worth. I say 2 top picks fight it out who gets the top job. Lock or Jones

Leave a comment:

• Broncoyearound
    replied
    If Stafford got two 1sts and a 3rd plus a starting qb then the realization is Watson might costs like 3 1sts and a second plus players and a QB that point that'd too rich for me. As much as I would hate it I'd stand pat with Lock or go get my guy in the draft. Rams better win a SB or a lot of fans will head scratch that deal

Leave a comment:

• Broncoyearound
    replied
    They can have Stafford. Also the rams just messed it up for all teams. How in the world do you give up a starting qb plus two future first round picks and a 3rd???? For Stafford???? I can see that for Watson but Stafford? Two future 1sts? If Paton would have done that to us I'd tell him to place some for sale signs up right now cause he'd need to get the heck out of town lol

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    Shefter reporting Stafford is being traded to the Rams.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    It would be nice if Zach Wilson would drop to us?

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by colowoz01 View Post

SORRY No one was able to watch him play as he was sidelined with a injury.. Anyway maybe he can be had in the second round, Get that LB at pick 9.
    If he’s not worth a first round pick, why bother?

We already have a 2nd rounder that might not be good enough.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X