Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncoyearound
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

He threw in Von Miller as well. And again who exactly are you going to fill these voids with if we dump the next several first round picks?

We would most likely improve. But enough to be a top tier team? I doubt it.

I also have 0 faith our current coaching staff would do any better with him than Bill o brien would. They had a decent WR corpse before dumping Hopkins and fuller was healthy and Watson was better but still couldn’t beat top teams.
    We played this year without Miller. I would say our offense would be drastically better then what we had. So we won't need a top top defense to compete. I only gave them our first and second this year and our first next year which I think would be a low end 1st. Don't forget about the FA appeal because we can find someone to patch those holes if someone is good out there and we make an offer. You forget about Albert O he showed some flash and he's not a complete scrub from what I saw. Thats why I'm cool with giving Fant away.

As far as our coaching staff I think they'll only be here this year especially if Paton wants his own coach. Maybe they bring in Bienemy. I know I spelled that wrong, anyways they bring him in to appeal to Watson. Watson can run that offense which gives us way more upside and a change of culture around here. It would be foolish not to attempt to bring him in. There's a reason why all the other teams are lining up to get him. We need to do the same and giving away Miller and Fant is not gutting the team. We played without Miller and he's old and cost casualty on the cap. There's no guarantee that we pay him anyways we might let him walk if he doesn't take a paycut anyways. Fant while good isn't a game changer for us. Mainly because Lock but that's another story. TE is a position you can easily replace.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

If Lock had adequately performed I'd be for standing oat but you can't honestly say he did. If I rated Lock for the season on a scale from 1-10 he'd be at a 4. Which is a little below average. Do I think he can improve next season? Maybe but you're risking a sure thing on a maybe and if you miss this chance and Lock fails you're right back with no qb in a division where you need one to succeed because our division is tough and filled with what appears to be two great qbs. Jury still out on Hebert but he had a heck of a rookie year.
    I agree...I make no excuses for lock..

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied

If Lock had adequately performed I'd be for standing oat but you can't honestly say he did. If I rated Lock for the season on a scale from 1-10 he'd be at a 4. Which is a little below average. Do I think he can improve next season? Maybe but you're risking a sure thing on a maybe and if you miss this chance and Lock fails you're right back with no qb in a division where you need one to succeed because our division is tough and filled with what appears to be two great qbs. Jury still out on Hebert but he had a heck of a rookie year.
    Until things change, I'm goin' with what we got. I would Love to have a Watson, or Stafford, or any Star QB. But, "you can't always get what you want".

Last edited by Capt. Jack; 01-30-2021, 07:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoyearound
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    Bring back Drew Lock!
    Continuity with the team, and coaches, things may be better???
    (Don't give up the farm for any player.)

JMO

If Lock had adequately performed I'd be for standing pat but you can't honestly say he did. If I rated Lock for the season on a scale from 1-10 he'd be at a 4. Which is a little below average. Do I think he can improve next season? Maybe but you're risking a sure thing on a maybe and if you miss this chance and Lock fails you're right back with no qb in a division where you need one to succeed because our division is tough and filled with what appears to be two great qbs. Jury still out on Hebert but he had a heck of a rookie year.
    Last edited by Broncoyearound; 01-30-2021, 07:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied

He threw in Von Miller as well. And again who exactly are you going to fill these voids with if we dump the next several first round picks?

I also have 0 faith our current coaching staff would do any better with him than Bill o brien would. They had a decent WR corpse before dumping Hopkins and fuller was healthy and Watson was better but still couldn’t beat top teams.
    So I guess the NFL draft is only 1 round....thats it...

There are not good players after the first round....why do people feel like 1st can suck just as much as a 7th rounder.

If we are a tea. That can just draft 1st players...we won't be good at all. We have to be able to draft good in all rds...

you can find Studs IN ALL THE ROUNDS NOT JUST THE FIRST RD..
    Your draft is not good based on who you pick in the first rd...GM make their money on who they get in rds 3-7....if we can't understand that then we will continue to suck.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Out def is waaay better than the texans and out overall wr core is better than the texans...out run game is better than the texans.... the texans only had like three ints all year and we got that almost in the last game vs ther Raiders.

So he won't do it alone...I see Denver as just as good of a landing spot as any team.

Who is a top player???? Who on our squad is an absolute must have lol. We have some good players....but they can have 3 1st, lock, and fant.....you can fine another t.e.

Funny thing is we only have done well with Elway, Manning,....we have had basic qbs since and have not done anything.

3 st rd picks mean nothing if you don't hit on them....But since we have Paton a lot will say all our draft woes will go away .... yea ok.....

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied

You make pretty bad assumptions. I would absolutely love to have Watson. But y’all should see that Houston is proof that a stud qb cannot win by himself.

I would be fine trading some firsts for him but you can’t gut your offense and defense plus picks for him. We would just be turning into Houston who we aren’t really better than currently anyway.

Some of the posters are fine giving away a blossoming tight end star over some injuries concerns. So it makes sense to stick to a rookie tight end who missed nearly the entire season to a worse injury? How does that make any sense.

Its not that I wouldn’t love to have Watson. But there are limitations. Fans act like trades are Madden video games. In reality that doesn’t work. There are stud QBs all over the league who struggle without talent around them.

If we are giving away our top players and also giving away multiple years of our top picks how exactly do people expect to rebuild around Watson? We would have no high picks to do so with until 2023 or later.

Again this is a recipe for disaster for a long time.
    Out def is waaay better than the texans and out overall wr core is better than the texans...out run game is better than the texans.... the texans only had like three ints all year and we got that almost in the last game vs ther Raiders.

So he won't do it alone...I see Denver as just as good of a landing spot as any team.

Who is a top player???? Who on our squad is an absolute must have lol. We have some good players....but they can have 3 1st, lock, and fant.....you can fine another t.e.

Funny thing is we only have done well with Elway, Manning,....we have had basic qbs since and have not done anything.

3 st rd picks mean nothing if you don't hit on them....But since we have Paton a lot will say all our draft woes will go away .... yea ok.....

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by Ear2dastreets View Post

Bc he just don't want Watson thats all...
    You make pretty bad assumptions. I would absolutely love to have Watson. But y’all should see that Houston is proof that a stud qb cannot win by himself.

I would be fine trading some firsts for him but you can’t gut your offense and defense plus picks for him. We would just be turning into Houston who we aren’t really better than currently anyway.

Some of the posters are fine giving away a blossoming tight end star over some injuries concerns. So it makes sense to stick to a rookie tight end who missed nearly the entire season to a worse injury? How does that make any sense.

Its not that I wouldn’t love to have Watson. But there are limitations. Fans act like trades are Madden video games. In reality that doesn’t work. There are stud QBs all over the league who struggle without talent around them.

If we are giving away our top players and also giving away multiple years of our top picks how exactly do people expect to rebuild around Watson? We would have no high picks to do so with until 2023 or later.

Again this is a recipe for disaster for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Bring back Drew Lock!
    Continuity with the team, and coaches, things may be better???
    (Don't give up the farm for any player.)

JMO

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
    Watson. This offense is pre manning ready to explode. A great QB would also entice other FAs to come to denver. Now is the time to strike.

Say it wit ya chest....ion think some heard you lol.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
    Deshawn F Watson ..... the why should be self explanatory
    Say it louder so the non-believers way in the back can hear you !!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied

How would it be set back a decade? We can always get another TE but like I say we have good TE depth. Miller is getting old and is a huge cap hit right now. We don't have to worry about the Qb position. Depth can be had in the later rounds when it comes to our needs on d. We're really only talking about our 9th pick and it's likely we make the playoffs so a low 1st next year.

Watson is young our sb window would be wide open. It's not like we don't have weapons on offense already and plus what people forget is we will attract free agents. Good ones who'll want to come and play with Watson so yeah we lose a little draft capitol but Watson gives this franchise a new look and new life.
    Bc he just don't want Watson thats all...

Leave a comment:

• Justblaze2729
    replied
    Watson. This offense is pre manning ready to explode. A great QB would also entice other FAs to come to denver. Now is the time to strike.

Leave a comment:

• dizzolve
    replied
    Deshawn F Watson ..... the why should be self explanatory

Leave a comment:

• Broncoyearound
    replied

This is how you set a franchise back a decade.
    How would it be set back a decade? We can always get another TE but like I say we have good TE depth. Miller is getting old and is a huge cap hit right now. We don't have to worry about the Qb position. Depth can be had in the later rounds when it comes to our needs on d. We're really only talking about our 9th pick and it's likely we make the playoffs so a low 1st next year.

Watson is young our sb window would be wide open. It's not like we don't have weapons on offense already and plus what people forget is we will attract free agents. Good ones who'll want to come and play with Watson so yeah we lose a little draft capitol but Watson gives this franchise a new look and new life.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X