Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

No you can't but if Paton wants to make a good first impression I better hear he at least attempted and got in on this Watson sweepstakes. I don't care about Stafford now that is a waste of picks since we talking about wasting picks.
    I am sure he will do his due diligence.

We go with Lock and draft a middle round QB for the next few years, and hope we find a Keeper.

Comment

• We don't want need NO more qbs outside of top 10....outside of watson.
      My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post

We played this year without Miller. I would say our offense would be drastically better then what we had. So we won't need a top top defense to compete. I only gave them our first and second this year and our first next year which I think would be a low end 1st. Don't forget about the FA appeal because we can find someone to patch those holes if someone is good out there and we make an offer. You forget about Albert O he showed some flash and he's not a complete scrub from what I saw. Thats why I'm cool with giving Fant away.

As far as our coaching staff I think they'll only be here this year especially if Paton wants his own coach. Maybe they bring in Bienemy. I know I spelled that wrong, anyways they bring him in to appeal to Watson. Watson can run that offense which gives us way more upside and a change of culture around here. It would be foolish not to attempt to bring him in. There's a reason why all the other teams are lining up to get him. We need to do the same and giving away Miller and Fant is not gutting the team. We played without Miller and he's old and cost casualty on the cap. There's no guarantee that we pay him anyways we might let him walk if he doesn't take a paycut anyways. Fant while good isn't a game changer for us. Mainly because Lock but that's another story. TE is a position you can easily replace.
        I didn’t forget about albert O at all. I already responded to you about that. You mentioned being willing to ditch Fant over a few minor injuries because you feel we have depth. And I said the problem with that argument is Albert O tore his acl and has already missed more career games than Fant if I’m not mistaken.

I also don’t like the assumption of Watson automatically giving us free agent appeal. That hasn’t exactly worked out to be a true statement in Houston. Why do people assume it would be true for us. And that defense without Von this year wasn’t what people like to think it was. I think many of us fans tend to believe this roster has more talent than it really does and just and to blame lock or coaching. I’m not so sure it’s true.
        sigpic

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Bootleg View Post
            This shouldn’t shock anyone. There’s 0 reason Watson should believe Denver is a better situation than Houston. Though I’m clueless as to what appeals to him about the Jets.
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

This shouldn’t shock anyone. There’s 0 reason Watson should believe Denver is a better situation than Houston. Though I’m clueless as to what appeals to him about the Jets.
              The head coach being Saleh.
              Superbowl 50 Champions!

Comment

Nailed it DB. I'm wondering why so many Bronco fans here are debating this like it's possible to acquire Watson. Will not happen...but maybe in 8-10 years when he's degrading quickly and he's starting to notice the sun is beginning to set. The Broncos could offer him 100 million a year for many years and he would decline. The reasons are endless. Here's 4 obvious ones. Why play for an under achieving team that lacks true direction, suspect coaching and is located in a rocky mountain state that has true winters every year!

It's hard to believe so many fans here didn't realize the obvious when the Watson topic started here.

Do I wish it would happen? Definite maybe for me. I lean toward no. Very strong possibility of unimagined and elevated chaos if it did happen.
                Utah Bronco Freak

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAsianPA View Post

The head coach being Saleh.
                  Thats not good enough...

People are making it seem like he only wants a black coach thats not true...last I checked jets are not star studded on offense or defense...

They give up all those picks..who is Watson throwing to who is the rb....they def is way worst than ours....

Saleh has no track record of being a head coach....being a minority is not the deciding factor....he not trying to go to the jets and win 3 more games and being 4 and 12.. I dont think so..

Know I can see mia...

S.f. Doesn’t have a good enough high pick this year unless they give up a damn good player

Denver has top 10 pick....even if we gave them fant and Miller and 3st waston this have Sutton, Hamler and juedy...

You get waston fa will want to come play with him.
                  My boy JUSTIN FIELDS whats up man..."BACK THEN THEY DIDN'TWANT YOU, NOW YOU HOT THEY ALL ON YA." I may know just a "lil" about qbs....but not too much.

Comment

• I just don't see Watson wanting to play for Fangio and Shurmur.

Comment

• Originally posted by sra84 View Post
                      I just don't see Watson wanting to play for Fangio and Shurmur.
                      Most people don't know who the texans o.c is...I bet he is not better than shurman...he would want a def thats better than the texans with offensive weapons

Comment

• The GM from the Texans said they have zero desire to trade Watson . ​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by Capt. Jack View Post
                          The GM from the Texans said they have zero desire to trade Watson . ​​​​​
                          Lots of GMs say that, it doesn’t mean it won’t happen. Carson Palmer retired and the Bengals still insisted they wouldn’t trade him, that lasted until week 2 of the season. McDaniels denied that he wanted to trade Jay Cutler, the Giants denied that they wanted to trade Odell. GMs can’t say they’re listening to offers for star players, it ruins all their leverage.

Comment

I didn’t forget about albert O at all. I already responded to you about that. You mentioned being willing to ditch Fant over a few minor injuries because you feel we have depth. And I said the problem with that argument is Albert O tore his acl and has already missed more career games than Fant if I’m not mistaken.

I also don’t like the assumption of Watson automatically giving us free agent appeal. That hasn’t exactly worked out to be a true statement in Houston. Why do people assume it would be true for us. And that defense without Von this year wasn’t what people like to think it was. I think many of us fans tend to believe this roster has more talent than it really does and just and to blame lock or coaching. I’m not so sure it’s true.
                            Look lock stunk...I hate to be so blunt about it but its true. He ain't doing anything with all these weapons. Furthermore I didn't say trade Fant because injuries and stuff. I said trade him because we have TE depth and he won't be as missed ok the offense side of the ball. We still have Albert O amd Beck Fumigali. What I'm saying is Watson is a generational talent at the Qb position. You don't think players would want to come here and play with him?

Bill O Brien was a cancer even Watt wants out of Houston so no we aren't as bad as what's going on over there in Houston we have a very good track record of being a good franchise. Not so much lately but we're much better than Houston. It's not like I salvaged much in that trade and id be happy with those pieces being moved. Are you saying you'd rather keep Fant and Miller over Watson? If so and if the broncos would think so well thats why we have fallen from grace.

I find it funny people would be all in for Stafford and waste a 1st round pick on a journeyman qb at this point in his career and one who hasn't really won anything in the league as long as he's been in it but would be hesitant to go all out for a player that keeps you in the elite team conversation each year.
                            :go:

Comment

• Originally posted by colowoz01 View Post
                              Draft Mac Jones this upcoming draft, competition for Lock. Spend the money on the talent you have Broncos.

Watch him in the Senior Bowl this weekend.. He will make you a believer.
                              SORRY No one was able to watch him play as he was sidelined with a injury.. Anyway maybe he can be had in the second round, Get that LB at pick 9.

Comment

• Originally posted by colowoz01 View Post

SORRY No one was able to watch him play as he was sidelined with a injury.. Anyway maybe he can be had in the second round, Get that LB at pick 9.
                                If he’s not worth a first round pick, why bother?

We already have a 2nd rounder that might not be good enough.
                                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                                You Mad Bro?
                                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X