Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bird33
    replied
    Carson Wentz is my choice, sorry Mrs Locke?

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post

This is how you set a franchise back a decade.
    I think the Broncos found that formula by not figuring out how to replace their HOF Manning. Oh, and remember when Elway left how the team was a shadow of what it was? And that was with the great Shanahan. How long did it take them to get back to the SB? And what did it take? A top NFL QB. Building around a QB that's a game changer is a lot easier than getting a QB that's a game changer.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    This is my trade package that I put together which may make people mad.

Drew Lock
    Our 1st and 2nd this year
    Our first next year
    Fant and Miller

That would be my offfer to the Texans.

Miller because of cap purposes Fant because Drew and Fant has some chemistry but I actually think we have good TE depth that we can sacrifice letting him go. I think Albert O has potential.

What do you guys think? That would give the Texans a good pile of picks in round 1 and 2 this year and 2 firsts next year.
    This is how you set your franchise up for the next 10 to 15 years!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied

Drew Lock
    Our first next year
    Fant and Miller

Miller because of cap purposes Fant because Drew and Fant has some chemistry but I actually think we have good TE depth that we can sacrifice letting him go. I think Albert O has potential.

What do you guys think? That would give the Texans a good pile of picks in round 1 and 2 this year and 2 firsts next year.
    This is how you set a franchise back a decade.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

If they trade Miller, does it mean the Texans pick up his salary this upcoming year? Or, would the Broncos eat that? That would have a pretty big effect. The Broncos only have $17M in cap space based on today's roster. If they had to eat Miller's salary, they might not have enough to pay Watson. Also, that 1st the Broncos have this year isn't that enticing.
    If Miller is traded, the team that acquires him pays him.

The Broncos would take a cap hit for any signing bonus.

They would also be responsible for any roster bonus due before him being traded.

Leave a comment:

• Ear2dastreets
    replied

Drew Lock
    Our first next year
    Fant and Miller

I like that. Im cool with it. Miller old coming off injury. Fant is good but stay hurt....never wanted lock...cool with the picks too.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied

Drew Lock
    Our first next year
    Fant and Miller

If they trade Miller, does it mean the Texans pick up his salary this upcoming year? Or, would the Broncos eat that? That would have a pretty big effect. The Broncos only have $17M in cap space based on today's roster. If they had to eat Miller's salary, they might not have enough to pay Watson. Also, that 1st the Broncos have this year isn't that enticing.

Leave a comment:

• sra84
    replied
    Considering that Jalen Ramsey and Jamal Adams both were traded for 2 first round picks, the price for Watson is going to be astronomical. As good as Watson is, I have no idea if Paton would pull off that kind of deal.

As I've stated in another thread, I don't want Stafford. We'd trade away picks for a middling, injury prone, $20 million cap hit QB, that doesn't even get us to within reach of the playoffs, and, possibly worse, keeps Fangio and Shurmur here past next year. If we're trading away picks, might as well go all in with Watson.

Again, what makes most sense is trying to sign Jameis Winston and let him compete with Lock. It won't cost us draft picks and he can be had for a cheaper price. We're not going to win many games, so, it's the most logical path to take. And, hopefully, Fangio and Shurmur are both gone going into 2022.

​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Broncoyearound
    replied

Drew Lock
    Our first next year
    Fant and Miller

Leave a comment:

• colowoz01
    replied
    Draft Mac Jones this upcoming draft, competition for Lock. Spend the money on the talent you have Broncos.

Watch him in the Senior Bowl this weekend.. He will make you a believer.

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by Gsam View Post

I don't see us as decimating the team. We are another mediocre season away from burning another first round pick if Lock doesn't wow everyone this coming year.
    Some QBs thrive on competition. Maybe he is not afraid of Mahomes. Maybe he wants to prove he's better?
    Manning was playing on fumes when he came to Denver he fell of quiickly after his studly 2015? season i think where he threw all those TD's. We are talking about a QB that leaves you set at the position for the next decade. PLus we have the cap room to sign him.

Tim Patrick is a RFA if I am not mistaken so he wont be with us long term anyhow. Name to me another team that has a better group of young WR/TE talent than Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Fant? He's gonna be loaded here.

I just don't see how we are decimating the team by giving up picks for two years to get a franchise QB.
    Precisely. Iron sharpens iron!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSynapses
    replied
    Just read that Watson has a no trade clause, which according to Troy renck, means Watson gets to chose where he goes. Dang it. Lol

Leave a comment:

• Gsam
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Why if you are a QB that can choose would you choose to be in the division with Mahomes?
    Others here are talking about getting Watson and building around him - HOW if you give up top dollar and all our draft picks for a QB that was not just what Houston needed to even be relevant?
    Watson might be 2-3 wins better than Lock, but what is that going to help if we decimate the team.
    When Manning came we didn't give up draft stock and his contract was not insane.
    I don't see us as decimating the team. We are another mediocre season away from burning another first round pick if Lock doesn't wow everyone this coming year.
    Some QBs thrive on competition. Maybe he is not afraid of Mahomes. Maybe he wants to prove he's better?
    Manning was playing on fumes when he came to Denver he fell of quiickly after his studly 2015? season i think where he threw all those TD's. We are talking about a QB that leaves you set at the position for the next decade. PLus we have the cap room to sign him.

Tim Patrick is a RFA if I am not mistaken so he wont be with us long term anyhow. Name to me another team that has a better group of young WR/TE talent than Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Fant? He's gonna be loaded here.

I just don't see how we are decimating the team by giving up picks for two years to get a franchise QB.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Why if you are a QB that can choose would you choose to be in the division with Mahomes?
    Others here are talking about getting Watson and building around him - HOW if you give up top dollar and all our draft picks for a QB that was not just what Houston needed to even be relevant?
    Watson might be 2-3 wins better than Lock, but what is that going to help if we decimate the team.
    When Manning came we didn't give up draft stock and his contract was not insane.
    Great points. Broncos only have one pick per round this upcoming draft, except the 7th round, where they have 3. If they give away a couple/three years of 1st round picks, a 2nd this year, and maybe more, it will certainly be difficult to fill the slots necessary to complete the team, especially when considering the available cap space and what Watson would require. And, I think you're right about his level of performance. He certainly hasn't proven himself to be a Manning that can elevate play of the offense.

One thing I wouldn't want is the guy who worries about the Chefs and Mahomes. I want the guy who wants to eat his children (with a nod to Wolfe)....lol.... I'm huge into Supercross/Motocross, and some of the most enjoyable racers are the ones with lesser talent who aren't intimidated by the faster guys. One of those racers is a guy named Cooper Webb. He's certainly not the fastest or most talented guy out there, but he's got the "number" of a few racers who should be regularly beating him. When they tangle with Webb, Webb knows how to get in their heads and wear them down. It's comical to watch some of the meltdowns he creates. I want that QB who feels he can lead his team right past Mahomes and into the post season.
    Last edited by DiveInstructor; 01-28-2021, 12:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanDK
    replied
    Originally posted by Gsam View Post

They need to get this done. Denver is an ideal place. We have pissed away so many assets between Brock, Lynch, Lock, etc.... Just bite the bullet and pay for the guy who is gonna QB for you for the next 10-15 years.

Denver is very appealing. Tons of weapons on offense - Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Patrick, Fant Lindsay, and some good young O line. Left tackle is locked up and solidified. Defense still has a lot of talent. Denver is just missing the engine right now to drive it.

That being said, i am not 100% out on lock. I don't believe the kid got a fair shake so far. Started midway through the season two years ago fresh off bench. didn't get an offseason yet to gel with his talent cause of covid. He could still develop.

I would offer Houston Lock, Patrick 1st This year and 1st Next year.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X