Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you bring in at QB during the offseason, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InsaneBlaze23
    replied
    Originally posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Just so long as nobody is coming in here acting like the Buccaneers don't have 3 of the top what, 25 receivers in the NFL? And I only say that because Brown was out of football for over a year. I just don't like hearing the old, "Brady only lost because his receivers suck, and he only won because he's great" routine.

It's obvious that you're not going to win many games throwing 30 interceptions like Winston did last year. Brady can still make all the big, timely throws, but most importantly, he understands how to manage the game. How to coordinate the offense pre-snap, high percentage plays, when and where to take shots. Complementary football.
    Yea people do have that thought though. Brady didn't have a good game, the media and casual viewers viewed that game as Brady beat Rodgers, but Rodgers was the better QB in the game...but Brady had the better team. He had the better weapons, the better defense, and the right to make crucial decisions. Also that defense has a great coordinator. Packers don't have a bad defense, though not as good as the Bucs, but the wild card in that game was Todd Bowles vs Mike Pettine. A really good coordinator vs an average coordinator.

But excuses will get made if they don't win. People will say Bowles suck even though inherited the 27th ranked defense, turned it into the 15th rank, and then 6th rank. Ppl will say Brown added drama. Or Evans is brittle. Or Arians is a bad coach.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Matt Staffords the man guys, I’m not saying he’s going to be great. I’m saying John, I mean “Paton” is most going to trade for him this off-season!

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    I am starting to think its a good idea to go after Matt Stafford.
    Let Drew play out his contract as a back up.
    If we have Lock on the bench maybe he could come in if needed, and he could win some games for us.
    (Maybe)

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoFanDK View Post

Duuuh!

We are not discussing the need for abetter QB than Lock - it is how to get him and what to pay!
    I covered that on page one and was the first one to respond to the OP. At the time, my idea of trading for Watson wasn’t even being discussed, yet. Take your insult and shove it!

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    The irony is, if you want to beat the Chiefs, the Browns are a pretty good blueprint. Complementary football. Josh Allen's good, but he's not good enough to drop back 60 times. KC spotted them 6 points, and they had no chance.
    I don’t want the Broncos to take 20 years to get there.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    The irony is, if you want to beat the Chiefs, the Browns are a pretty good blueprint. Complementary football. Josh Allen's good, but he's not good enough to drop back 60 times. KC spotted them 6 points, and they had no chance.
    Haha....I think the trick to beating KC is to not get the lead early.

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Just so long as nobody is coming in here acting like the Buccaneers don't have 3 of the top what, 25 receivers in the NFL? And I only say that because Brown was out of football for over a year. I just don't like hearing the old, "Brady only lost because his receivers suck, and he only won because he's great" routine.

It's obvious that you're not going to win many games throwing 30 interceptions like Winston did last year. Brady can still make all the big, timely throws, but most importantly, he understands how to manage the game. How to coordinate the offense pre-snap, high percentage plays, when and where to take shots. Complementary football.
    As for your initial point, The Bucs also have an awesome LB group!! I wish we had that group, though I guess we did have one of them.

Leave a comment:

• CanDB
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

The Bucs with any of the available QB's last off season, don't make the Super Bowl this year. Yes it takes a team, but Brady was the piece that completed the puzzle. Hopefully, the Broncos find that missing piece. We have talent on offense that a good QB could be productive with IMHO. I don't think bringing in just anyone helps.
    Totally! The Bucs are watching from home if Brady does not sign up.

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post

Okay, I agree.

I reject the idea that you let the team go to crap while searching for the unicorn. That’s all I am saying.

I have said in multiple threads that you have to have a great quarterback to be perennial contenders. I just don’t want the Broncos to become the Cleveland Browns of the Rockies while looking for that quarterback.
    Yeah, I am not in favor of giving away some of our young talent quite yet. Picks I'm okay with. I think one of the stud QB's with our young offensive guys could turn it around quick.

Leave a comment:

• DiveInstructor
    replied

Okay, I agree.

I reject the idea that you let the team go to crap while searching for the unicorn. That’s all I am saying.

I have said in multiple threads that you have to have a great quarterback to be perennial contenders. I just don’t want the Broncos to become the Cleveland Browns of the Rockies while looking for that quarterback.
    Haven't you noticed? The Broncos ARE the Browns of the league (not just the Rockies). And, that's with the "draft the BPA" approach. It isn't like the Broncos have been getting a wild card position every year but can't get past it because their QB plays middle-of-the-league position play.

All you're doing is asking them to maintain that approach, even though it has already turned them into junk. I think fans who think that way are reacting out of fear of losing, instead of looking forward to find ways of winning. It's that whole, "win now" garbage. That's not a plan. That's a reaction.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by Bronco51 View Post

The Bucs with any of the available QB's last off season, don't make the Super Bowl this year. Yes it takes a team, but Brady was the piece that completed the puzzle. Hopefully, the Broncos find that missing piece. We have talent on offense that a good QB could be productive with IMHO. I don't think bringing in just anyone helps.
    Okay, I agree.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by DiveInstructor View Post

Are you just trying to win an argument based on one irrelevant point? Because that loaded-with-talent Buccaneers team went 7-9, 5-11, and 5-11 the three years prior to Brady's presence, with no sign of being a playoff consistent team.

And, my whole point is that's what the Broncos will do if they never get that special QB on their team. They blow this draft position opportunity on their BPA CB or LB, and it'll be years of losing and mediocrity, just like history has shown us with the Broncos, and just like the Buccaneers were without Brady.

A "talented" team will be mediocre without that special QB. One special QB will elevate a mediocre team to the post season, and a good team to SB c-ship opportunities. The bar is always lower, no matter the talent on the team, without that special QB.
    Did I or did I not say Brady got them over the top?!!!

Leave a comment:

• Spice 1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bronco51
    replied

Do you think they were ranked so low last season because the previous quarterback kept screwing them over?

They could have easily been a top ten defense last season with any other quarterback that throws less than 15 interceptions.

The point is, Brady isn’t the only reason the Bucs got to the Super Bowl. If he were, why would he have felt the need to leave New England?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X